Embarrassing

stozo

Can I get this straight: stozo who lives in the Midlands and wasn't at the Liverpool or Blackburn games (and the rest) is calling those of us who live in the North East "embarrassing" and "disgraceful" because we're not going to Birmingham on a Monday night?

Is that what is genuinely happening here? :lol:

Not stopped me making the journey up to Newcastle this year on numeruous occasions and attending several away games as well. Despite me not owning a car may I add.

The thing that pisses me off is this is a game that could decide our fate in this league and people can't be bothered to go the extra mile. I know I will definetly up for the Fulham, Reading and Sunderland (If I can get tickets) games just because there such huge games.

On a Monday night it's not about being arsed, it's about being possible.  I'd love to go.  I'm going down to Portsmouth which is a lot more effort and it's not a game i'm anticipating like Birmingham, but i can't go to Birmingham, because i live in Edinburgh and have to be at uni at 9 the next morning!  I'm sure it's similar for many

Edinburgh to Portsmouth!? Jesus. Great effort mate. I'd love to go too I just can't get there or back and won't be able to afford the train + ticket. Hypocritical bleeder is stozo.

Guest fraser

Food on the table came first for many years and I now consider myself fortunate to be able to afford a seaon ticket and to be able to go to most aways.

I'm not going, even though I probably could at a push.  I just don't want to.

Same, can't believe how many times i've actually been to watch them this season, i'm skint atm anyway so it's about time i missed a game. West Ham and Everton will probably be the wack until next season away from home like.

Guest Geordiesned

Can I get this straight: stozo who lives in the Midlands and wasn't at the Liverpool or Blackburn games (and the rest) is calling those of us who live in the North East "embarrassing" and "disgraceful" because we're not going to Birmingham on a Monday night?

Not stopped me making the journey up to Newcastle this year on numeruous occasions and attending several away games as well. Despite me not owning a car may I add.

The thing that pisses me off is this is a game that could decide our fate in this league and people can't be bothered to go the extra mile. I know I will definetly up for the Fulham, Reading and Sunderland (If I can get tickets) games just because there such huge games.

Are you taking two days off to go to those games like?

Think a lot of people are missing the piont. If you have family or work comitments fair enuogh but there is no chance there would sale on the door if we were top of the league. It's more of a call to the fair weather supporters who can make it to get there arses down. Surely a club with the fanbase the size of ours can manage 2,800 from wherever.

So remind me why you weren't at Liverpool or at home to Blackburn again?

Liverpool, I had coursework deadlines for the Monday. Blackburn, I didnt have enough money for the train fare up.

So you missed a match as you had coursework to get done and yet you criticise people for missing a match due to work committments?!

I'm not going, even though I probably could at a push.  I just don't want to.

Same, can't believe how many times i've actually been to watch them this season, i'm skint atm anyway so it's about time i missed a game. West Ham and Everton will probably be the wack until next season away from home like.

Tell me you're taking the piss?  :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

Can I be honest here and point out I don't want to go?

Indeed you can. I could make excuses and say I couldn't get time off work or I couldn't afford it but the real reason I'm not going is because I'm fed up of wasting hard earning cash watching utter shite. I'll carry on going to home matches whatever league we're in and carry on going to away matches when the players show some heart but I refuse to buy into this "they need us now more than ever shite".

Can I be honest here and point out I don't want to go?

Indeed you can. I could make excuses and say I couldn't get time off work or I couldn't affod it but the real reason I'm not going is because I'm fed up of wasting hard earning cash watching utter shite. I'll carry on going to home matches whatever league we're in and carry on going to away matches when the players show some heart but I refuse to buy inti this "they need us now more than ever shite".

Careful, I'm sure that's bordering on 'deserting the club' which means you will go to hell and stuff.

Pay on the door at Birmingham. Pretty disgraceful that we can't even manage to get 2,800 for what it is a relegation six-pionter. Must be well short of the 2,800 if it's pay on the door as well.

Monday Night, Live on telly and £35. No brainer that one mind, shouldn't have taken the bigger allocation of tickets in my opinion as it was never going to sell out.

I'll be watching it in a bar/pub, I have a ridiculous amount of uni work to be getting on with and I currently have nowhere near enough money to go see us really, at least for a couple of weeks.

I mean if I could, I would.

I agree with the lad, is a joke we haven't sold out. This is one of the biggest games we've had for years and the amount of times we've sold out a similar number of tickets on a midweek night/on telly highlights that.

How many do we take away in europe on a midweek night and this is a bigger game than almost all of our european games over the years.

I'd be more excited for a European game than a relegation game tbf.

Guest BooBoo

Thats the point, its easy to swan round europe when we're doing well, but now we're in the shite and need people behind us people don't turn out.

Hadaway and shite.

I was there when we lost to Derby 4-1 when we really were in the clarts.

Thats the point, its easy to swan round europe when we're doing well, but now we're in the s**** and need people behind us people don't turn out.

Hadaway and s****.

whats the difference between then and now ?

Guest BooBoo

Thats the point, its easy to swan round europe when we're doing well, but now we're in the s**** and need people behind us people don't turn out.

Hadaway and s****.

Back then relegation to Division 3 could have meant the club folded. The situation was a lot worse than the one we currently find ourselves in.

Hadaway and s****.

Back then relegation to Division 3 could have meant the club folded. The situation was a lot worse than the one we currently find ourselves in.

as in this could only be the start of the process ?

Guest diddimz

do i lose my soopafan card as well because i cant fly there and back from sydney in between work, or should i quit my job and get my priorities straight?

Guest WalkervilleMag

do i lose my soopafan card as well because i cant fly there and back from sydney in between work, or should i quit my job and get my priorities straight?

Quit your job, it's for the best. The team needs your support ;)

On a Monday night it's not about being arsed, it's about being possible.  I'd love to go.  I'm going down to Portsmouth which is a lot more effort and it's not a game i'm anticipating like Birmingham, but i can't go to Birmingham, because i live in Edinburgh and have to be at uni at 9 the next morning!  I'm sure it's similar for many

Edinburgh to Portsmouth!? Jesus. Great effort mate. I'd love to go too I just can't get there or back and won't be able to afford the train + ticket. Hypocritical bleeder is stozo.

Nah, to be fair I'll be in Newcastle at the time.  If it's a weekend i'll normally go down to Newcastle on the friday night then the away game the next day (though i flew from edinburgh for the reading game).   

I agree with the lad, is a joke we haven't sold out. This is one of the biggest games we've had for years and the amount of times we've sold out a similar number of tickets on a midweek night/on telly highlights that.

How many do we take away in europe on a midweek night and this is a bigger game than almost all of our european games over the years.

I personally wouldn't, it might make me sounds daft. But this is our bread and butter, this is what it is all about. I can't wait for Fulham at home, I haven't been this excited/nervous about going to the matches now for a good long while.

I personally wouldn't, it might make me sounds daft. But this is our bread and butter, this is what it is all about. I can't wait for Fulham at home, I haven't been this excited/nervous about going to the matches now for a good long while.

I don't know if "excited" was the right word because they're both special matches for completely different reasons and I can easily see the attraction in attending both. Two very, very different propositions.

As you say, the relegation games are more a nervous excitement/anticipation whilst the Europe games are more of a more typical relaxed (to an extent) excitement.

I'm full of nerves at the moment and another loss, particularly at a game I was attending, would be really painful and part of me selfishly would rather not be at the ground for that reason. Not that I don't want to be there to support the club.

I thought we would of sold out for sure. I'll be in Chicago cheering on the lads, otherwise i would of been there.

where in chicago?  i'm considering taking a day off to try and get downtown to "the Globe' or summat.