Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Let's not get too overconfident. We were absolutely s*** in the first half today and we were always good in spells under Keegan. Its the fact that we don't have any consistency that's hurting us.

If we show up in Some patches of Bolton/Middlesbrough/first 20 minutes vs ManU/Blackburn/2nd half today etc. mode we will win this. If not, it's going to be quite the challenge.

Hardly three points in the bag. Bullard and McBride are quality.

In the first half we were too worried about getting beaten to try and win it, the second half was more relaxed, the second half performance and point gained tonight will change the way we approach the Fulham game.

Need to score early. Can see McBride scoring for them

Nah, we'll shit 'em.

Our inability to defend crosses is a major concern, always look like conceding whenever the oppo get the ball in the area and with McBrides ariel ability i see him scoring. An early goal for us though and that will deflate their confidence massively though with their away form over last 2 seasons.

Excuse me, would you mind just not countering my unbridled optimism with reasoned logical argument? I'm managing (but only just) to hold together some semblance of serenity here by hanging on to the sheer, self-indulgent hope that maybe tonight's result could maybe just be the green shoots of recovery.

I certainly don't need you reminding me of the frailty of our defence, midfield and attack in such blunt fashion. I'm on the brink here pal... :frantic:

Nah, we'll shit 'em.

Our inability to defend crosses is a major concern, always look like conceding whenever the oppo get the ball in the area and with McBrides ariel ability i see him scoring. An early goal for us though and that will deflate their confidence massively though with their away form over last 2 seasons.

Excuse me, would you mind just not countering my unbridled optimism with reasoned logical argument? I'm managing (but only just) to hold together some semblance of serenity here by hanging on to the sheer, self-indulgent hope that maybe tonight's result could maybe just be the green shoots of recovery.

I certainly don't need you reminding me of the frailty of our defence, midfield and attack in such blunt fashion. I'm on the brink here pal... :frantic:

Is alreet man we'll shit em.

Nah, we'll shit 'em.

Is alreet man we'll shit em.

Attaboy! :celb:

Let's not get too overconfident. We were absolutely s*** in the first half today and we were always good in spells under Keegan. Its the fact that we don't have any consistency that's hurting us.

If we show up in Some patches of Bolton/Middlesbrough/first 20 minutes vs ManU/Blackburn/2nd half today etc. mode we will win this. If not, it's going to be quite the challenge.

In the first half we were too worried about getting beaten to try and win it, the second half was more relaxed, the second half performance and point gained tonight will change the way we approach the Fulham game.

Just like the preformance against Blackburn changed the way we approached the Liverpool game?

This team has been way too hit and miss this year for me to trust their ability to turn the corner off one good preformance.

Just like the preformance against Blackburn changed the way we approached the Liverpool game?

This team has been way too hit and miss this year for me to trust their ability to turn the corner off one good preformance.

Indeed. Which is precisely why they'll now go on an unbeaten run to the end of the season. Watch and see if I'm wrong.

:D

We lost to Blackburn so got no confidence from the game, we'll win on Saturday because Fulham are worse than we are, we're playing at home and we've got the confidence of our 2nd half and the point we picked up.

We lost to Blackburn so got no confidence from the game, we'll win on Saturday because Fulham are worse than we are, we're playing at home and we've got the confidence of our 2nd half and the point we picked up.

:nods:

We'll score first and dominate the game. Very confident and looking forward to the game already. :)

:nods:

We'll score first and dominate the game. Very confident and looking forward to the game already. :)

I am already worried about too much confidence too soon.

They will have some re-newed confidence through their win at the weekend and theri decent record up here + they will have dozens of fans cheering them on

No way in Valhalla they'll have too much confidence, but it should have given them a bit of a lift; and that lift should see them roll-over Fulham.

(and next time I'll read the second sentence before i post a reply.)

Hopefully Milner's still out for this.

because Geremi's crossing was so much better?

No because I think we should stick to 433 and if Milner comes back KK might be tempted to go back to 442. Or might put him in right forward or something, keeping one of the 3 strikers out.

No because I think we should stick to 433 and if Milner comes back KK might be tempted to go back to 442. Or might put him in right forward or something, keeping one of the 3 strikers out.

The fact that we played one half of a decent preformance against a fellow relegation threatened side does not imply that 4-3-3>4-4-2. Keegan played that way today more out of necessity than out of desire. We'll be back to 4-4-2 for Fulham. Besides, Martins was nominally on the left wing for most of the match anyway.

The fact that we played one half of a decent preformance against a fellow relegation threatened side does not imply that 4-3-3>4-4-2. Keegan played that way today more out of necessity than out of desire. We'll be back to 4-4-2 for Fulham. Besides, Martins was nominally on the left wing for most of the match anyway.

Well I think we need to keep the 3 up top because they all bring different qualities that we need in side. And our wingers are ineffective. Martins floated about in the second half and did a fucking good job of it and we improved as a result. You just can't rely on him and Viduka to get on the end of chances like you can Owen, whereas without Viduka in the side there's noone to slow things down or hold the ball up, or recieve the ball deep and keep it. I think the midfield tight 3 worked better as the game went on too. You would honestly take one of the 3 strikers out of the side for Milner?

Harper

Beye      Taylor      Faye      Enrique

Geremi      Butt      N'Zogbia

Martins

Owen          Viduka

4-3-1-2.

No need to change the defence, it's looking as solid as it can, and no surprise that it's happened after it's been left the same for 3 games in a row.

N'Zogbia in for Barton, and Martins to start just behind the front 2.

We need to have a good old go at them straight from the off..

I would love this to be the lineup, but Kk will not play Faye in CM.

ATTACK!!!!

------------------Harper

Beye------Taylor---------Faye-----Enrique

------Milner--------Butt---------Duff

------Martins--------------------Zoggy

-------------------Owen

But I think we will see the same as the Brum game..

ATTACK!!!!

------------------Harper

-------------------Owen

Do you not think that midfield is a bit lightweight? Especially when you've got 3 upfront.

ATTACK!!!!

------------------Harper

-------------------Owen

Do you not think that midfield is a bit lightweight? Especially when you've got 3 upfront.

I do I do but at home against a shocking team, we need to just go at them hence the "ATTACK" but ya right.

Do we however have three good enough tough central midfielder?

Smith

Butt

Barton

Geremi

Emre

what three of those lot would be best? as we know KK won't play Faye in there.

I'd go with

Harper

Beye  Cacapa\Taylor  Diatta    Enrique

Duff                Faye                Zoggy

Martins              Owen

Lardarse     

Solid as we've ever had this season.

Duff and Zoggy have more pace than Geremi and Barton. Infact Zoggy has more pace than both of them put together.

Can't understand how KK is not playing something like that.

I'd go with

Harper

Beye   Cacapa\Taylor  Diatta     Enrique

Lardarse      

Duff and Zoggy have more pace than Geremi and Barton. Infact Zoggy has more pace than both of them put together.

Would be happy with that except we need someone at the back to try and cope with the threat of McBride in the air

The three up top looked lop-sided to me. Personally I'd bring Zog in and drop Viduka to the bench. Tough choice, but of the three strikers he looked the least threat and he still doesn't look fit.

The three up top looked lop-sided to me. Personally I'd bring Zog in and drop Viduka to the bench. Tough choice, but of the three strikers he looked the least threat and he still doesn't look fit.

Whatever he does he MUST NOT bring back Alan Smith

In all honesty I am still not to convinced that 4-3-3 is best for us, yeah okay three strikers are better than two but three in midfield with our squad just makes us weaker.

Three men in the middle only exposes our problematic back four more, they need all the help they can get so a 4-4-2 is still probably our best option.

No matter how we line up though its down the middle where we are unbalanced, CB pairing and CM pairing is where we seem to struggle most.

Beye

?

?

Enrique

Milner

?

?

Zoggy

Owen

Martins

I'd go with

Harper

Beye   Cacapa\Taylor  Diatta     Enrique

Lardarse      

Would be happy with that except we need someone at the back to try and cope with the threat of McBride in the air

Faye to drop back into a back 5 when we loose possesion?