Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

There's a danger this could turn into another Bolton type game, where we go in on the back of a decent performance and then get frustrated by an ultra defensive line up. The difference this time hopefully, is the triple strike force might provide the firepower that Duff and Smith couldn't.

2-1 for me and that'll do nicely.

I think Fulham have to go for the win though, even if that's a bit out of character for the cautious Hodgson. A draw is a worse result for them than it is for us.

I still think they'll play defensively knowing Hodgson. Maybe not as defensively as Bolton but looking to catch us on the break.

Yeah agreed with that, but they need the points more than us. So they cant sit back all game they are running out of games.

yeah, I think they're definitely going to have to come at us, 1 point is no good to them, they need 3.  I reckon we should keep Owen, Martins and Viduka up front.  Hopefully Keegan has already decided on this after Brum.  Owen was too deep on Monday.  Personally I think Viduka should be the one dropping deep, and if we can feed the ball to his feet, he should (if he can be arsed) be able to hold it up to supply the on-running Owen and Martins.

Thats what I'd do if I were in charge, but who knows.  I'm not the gaffer.

I'd rather we won this game 1-0 than say, 4-2.

A clean sheet will instill confidence in our back four again, which is what they need. Every time the ball comes near the 18 yard box, its like watching a bunch of kids trying to hack away a penny floater on a windy day.

I think i'd prefer the 4-2 tbh. We're always going to leak goals this season, there's not going to be any massive improvement there, but we need proof that we can tonk a load in at the other end. That's frittered out since October time, where we were frequently scoring three at home.

I'd rather we won this game 1-0 than say, 4-2.

A clean sheet will instill confidence in our back four again, which is what they need. Every time the ball comes near the 18 yard box, its like watching a bunch of kids trying to hack away a penny floater on a windy day.

I think i'd prefer the 4-2 tbh. We're always going to leak goals this season, there's not going to be any massive improvement there, but we need proof that we can tonk a load in at the other end. That's frittered out since October time, where we were frequently scoring three at home.

How about a compromise? We win 4-0...?  bluerazz.gif

Since the Birmingham game, I have felt quite relaxed about this game. However, the closer it gets, and the more I think about the fact they havent won away since they were last here has got me all nervous again.

Yeah, the Monday night performance has made me settle down a bit, whereas before the last 4 or 5 games I've been sh*tting bricks and worrying about who will start and whether or not we'll get any points etc.

I feel more confident about this game.  :thup:

Yeah, the Monday night performance has made me settle down a bit, whereas before the last 4 or 5 games I've been sh*tting bricks and worrying about who will start and whether or not we'll get any points etc.

I feel more confident about this game.  :thup:

yeah in the past weeks I've not been able to see a side capable of winning or even pick a side I think could win but with that new system.  I'm pretty comfortable.  Maybe drop Barton for Zog at home but we may get overun

Keegan aint the type to chop and change after a good performance. It would seem silly to change the side around after a good display, especially with a home fixture against Fulham. It's been so long since we won i've forgotten what it feels like TBH. A win against Fulham would take the roof off and go some way into keeping us up.

Team

Harper

Beye        Taylor        Faye        Enrique

Butt

Geremi              Barton

Owen            Viduka              Martins

If that doesn't work bring on the Zog and Emre.

Barton had better put in a good shift soon, or Keegan might see him as the way the fans are at the minute. Crap, that is.

I'd like KK to set a target for Barton to score a certain number of goals. The guys got it in him he just seems to have lost all his confidence in his attacking play. At home against a piss poor fulham side should be perfect.

Barton had better put in a good shift soon, or Keegan might see him as the way the fans are at the minute. Crap, that is.

I'd like KK to set a target for Barton to score a certain number of goals. The guys got it in him he just seems to have lost all his confidence in his attacking play. At home against a piss poor fulham side should be perfect.

That's what I was thinking. Who do Fulham play in CM alongside Bullard?