Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't wait for this game. :celb:

First time I've thought that since the Spurs (H) game.  :undecided:

Honestly.

Same here. Scared, but really looking forward to it. Gonna have to get some beers down me before I get to the ground to calm myself!

No more excuses, we have to win tomorrow, if we don't we deserve to go down. This is the game that should make or break our survival. KK should have these players pumped up, believing they are world beaters. Might sound simplistic & Fulham will be expecting an early onslaught & will be making plans for quick counter attacks, but we need a fast start & pray for an early goal or two.

Time to deliver boys.

Just don't give Bullard any free kick opportunities.

Good thing Smith is having a spell on the bench, then.

Remember the one he scored here for Wigan?

Forgot about that actually. We cannot allow him any dead ball shooting opportunities, on his current form it'll be easy pickings.

Which brings me to the point of clumsy free kicks.

We always give them away. It's asking for trouble.

They can do whatever they want to us, because the chances of us scoring a free kick are about 1 in 500.

They can do whatever they want to us, because the chances of us scoring a free kick are about 1 in 500.

Taylor, Barton and Smith are the main culprits.

Disappointing to see Emre not available. He's another one who should be shown the door in the summer. No use to us if he's going to spend 3/4 of his time on the treatment table. I hope Charlie comes in for Barton tomorrow. I suspect though, it'll be as you were from the Birmingham game.

Taylor, Barton and Smith are the main culprits.

Nicky Butt as well

The way i see it is, KK will send them out for the win, he did that against Blackburn, maybe against other sides and playing away from home the side werent as motivated, but Blackburn seems like it had win all over it and we batter them. I expect that tomorrow again, but because Fulham at shit we will win :thup:

Guest rebel_yell12

I've never hidden the fact that my "first" club is not Newcastle United, but before I get shouted down for that alone, I can honestly say, for the first time in my life, if given the trade-off option I'd rather Newcastle won than Liverpool this week-end (near blasphemous).  And as much as I am a fan of Michael Owen (also never been hidden), I don't care if he scores.  I don't care WHO scores -- Harper can score the winning goal for all I f***ing care at this point.  I just want Newcastle to win.  I wasn't even this nervous for the Liverpool-Everton derby.

Oddly enough, I wasn't this nervous last week, as I expected a draw.  This week though, it's not a draw needed/expected, it's a win.  And that makes me nervous.  Last team Newcastle beat were Stoke City, and that was in early January.  My friends think I've lost it, being this nervous about a match that doesn't even feature Liverpool.  Very few people seem to understand this weird "second club" affection. 

Guest battyleespeed

Little concerned of reports that Litmanen might play a part in this match. They probably have to carry him to the pitch but he can still play absolutely pin-point passes as well as take a dangerous setpieces. Fulham has looked pretty toothless but if they bring Litmanen on at some point wouldn't be too surprised if he creates at least few good chances for them. I'm not sure how aware we are of the threat he poses.

I'll take the same side as we put out agaisnt brum. 3 "sturdy" midfielders and three decent attackers, take off barton for duff/zog if he doesn't perform.

Newcastle 3 - 1 Fulham

Owen, Martins, Bullard, Martins

Guest Stephen927

Same line-up hopefully.

GK- Harper

LB- Enrique

RB- Beye

CB- Faye

CB- Taylor

DM- Butt

CM- Barton

CM- Geremi

LW- Martins

RW- Owen

CF- Viduka

Only doubt I'd have is putting N'Zogbia in for Barton, but pointless changing something that was quite successful against Birmingham in the second half.