Oba...Obafem

TRon

Its good to let players know you are behind them but Martins is not our only decent player and its about time we made noise for more then Oba.

Spot on...which is why it's f*cking ridiculous to boo the substitution. It's not like last season where he was our only decent striker, we have two equal/better strikers, and had a very good player coming on in his place.

Next time if it's Owen or Viduka who comes off, do you boo the substitution to let them know you're behind them too?

Its like before the game when the team sheet is read out, does my head in the moans you hear at certain players names, I loved it as a kid at the match when every name was met with a mass of cheers, but not now its all fkn doom and gloom..

Guest Knightrider

KK won't mind the booing or rather he won't take it the wrong way like others before him have done. That's the good thing here, he knows us so well and we know him. Basically we can tell him when we think he's wrong and he can make brave crowd antagonizing decisions like bringing Martins off. The fact that not long after Keegan's name was being chanted and again at full-time should reinforce this mutual relationship between us. Yes the booing was moronic and something I'd rather we didn't have to hear but it's nothing really, for KK or us. I actually like the fact our manager can make such decisions without having to consult the fans or be afraid of what the reaction will be even if it is a negative one as it was at the weekend and I also like the fact that we can let KK know what we think without it upsetting him or being taken the wrong way again like what happened. In short while I disagree with the booing (good decision actually by KK) I'm not bothered by it. Had it not been KK in the dugout, I'd be bothered, but KK has our trust and 100% backing either way. I hope the media were listening at the final whistle. For a man who hadn't won in his first 9 games at his new always in a crisis (their doing mainly) club, under normal circumstances and not just at Newcastle but at other clubs too, there wouldn't be such vocal support for the man responsible for that winless streak as there was at the weekend. But this is KK, he's special and can get away with it with us, thankfully.

I think Martins is kind of already a United legend in the same sense that Tino is. Player that split the fans who was excting and unpredictable.

A legend in the 'not really a legend' sense then?

Its good to let players know you are behind them but Martins is not our only decent player and its about time we made noise for more then Oba.

Spot on...which is why it's f*cking ridiculous to boo the substitution. It's not like last season where he was our only decent striker, we have two equal/better strikers, and had a very good player coming on in his place.

Next time if it's Owen or Viduka who comes off, do you boo the substitution to let them know you're behind them too?

Its like before the game when the team sheet is read out, does my head in the moans you hear at certain players names, I loved it as a kid at the match when every name was met with a mass of cheers, but not now its all fkn doom and gloom..

totally agree, there's nowt like a bit of positivity to get a match started on the right foot, i also didnt much like all the moans and groans when smith appeared on the sideline for his cameo substitution, we were coasting at that point and i just thought it was a bit childish and un-necessary

I think Martins is kind of already a United legend in the same sense that Tino is. Player that split the fans who was excting and unpredictable.

Legend in the Sibierski sense I reckon.

So, not really a legend then? :razz:

Guest float one in

Maybe in the Robin Hood sense?

So more of a cult hero? He'll never be as good as Tino was, despite how inconsistent he was. I'm talking about ability levels btw, because he's one of the most gifted players I've ever seen, just never done it consistently, which is more the pity.

So what you're saying is he robs from the rich? Aka our directors by getting paid vast amounts for not being a world beater, and steals from the poor? Aka the fans by us paying our money to see him not do it all of the time. ;)

Guest float one in

So what you're saying is he robs from the rich? Aka our directors by getting paid vast amounts for not being a world beater, and steals from the poor? Aka the fans by us paying our money to see him not do it all of the time. ;)

Nah, I've seen him riding around Walkergate late at night on a horse, wearing a green cape and shooting charvas with his bow and arrow!

Nah, I've seen him riding around Walkergate late at night on a horse, wearing a green cape and shooting charvas with his bow and arrow!

Well that, if nothing else, fully deserves the title LEGEND !

We need to get S.S.R to photoshop that. :lol:

Guest float one in

We need to get S.S.R to photoshop that. :lol:

:lol:

Considering his marksmanship Charvas are pretty save then. Though he will kill a hand full with some lucky shots and get hailed as the saviour of British society.

Considering his marksmanship Charvas are pretty save then. Though he will kill a hand full with some lucky shots and get hailed as the saviour of British society.

They were joking about the bow and arrow thing....

Guest float one in

:lol:

On the booing a substitution thing:-

When Martins was being substituted (or any player for that matter) I think what seems to happen is that people in the ground maybe have a little sigh or maybe a little conflab with the bloke next to them in the ground and if you imagine 50k people all doing that you are going to get some sounds eminating out onto the field.

There was no real boos like Allardyce used to get for his idiotic team changes, most of the groans on Saturday were probably because people were wondering why it was not Viduka coming off as he was clearly knackered and blowing a bit!

Chelsea fans have been booing Grant's changes for the last couple of TV matches and particularly the last one against Liverpool when they were 1 - 0 down, very shortly afterwards they were 2 - 1 up and all the doom had changed to cheers.  I guess what I am saying is that we should trust the managers decision, they are the ones who live and die by their choices and, in theory, be better qualified to make the decisions.

Oba as a bairn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/%5BFFi%5DRemusLupin/n564323723_184076_8647.jpg

Oba and da KREW!LLLOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/%5BFFi%5DRemusLupin/n564323723_252636_8709.jpg

Oba as a bairn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/%5BFFi%5DRemusLupin/n564323723_184076_8647.jpg

Oba and da KREW!LLLOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/%5BFFi%5DRemusLupin/n564323723_252636_8709.jpg

LOL...

... that first pic is an absolute classic. Just look at him doing The Rock eyebrow at some bitch in his eyeline.