England Squad Named Today

Skirge

John Terry is the best English centre back in the league. Ferdinand and Woodgate make far more mistakes.

mackems.gif

Ferdinand is probably the best english player, nevermind best centre-half, which he quite easily is. how many games at international level has Terry stood out and looked excellent? i can't think of one, whereas there's loads in which he has looked uneasy and out of his depth. in comparison Ferdinand has looked classy at the very highest level over a number of seasons. in a different league to Terry, who is admittedly very good in the Chelsea set-up.

Guest float one in

Aye, Ferdinand is miles better. And when Woodgate is fit he's miles better as well.

Terry is good mind, and seems to be someone his team mates look up to and follow, but as a footballer he's not the best.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

John Terry is the best English centre back in the league. Ferdinand and Woodgate make far more mistakes.

mackems.gif

Does this include losing Berbatov for a header last week for a headed goal? At Chelsea, he is very well protected. An excellent centre back next to him in Carvalho. Up until recently, he had one of the world's best behind him and makelele in front of him. Refs don't seem to want to book/send him off either. Last World cup, he looked shocking. Rio looked good. He has for a while now and this idea that he always loses his concentration is an outdated one, as he has really matured in the last couple of seasons as one of Fergie's main men. Imo, Ferdinand is England's best player.

Woodgate I'm not going to comment on, as he hasn't played a full season for us yet. But he was excellent last season and seems to be reaching the form that led Real to part with their money for him.

Rio gets caught in possession far too often when bringing the ball out of defence for Manu for my liking.

Several times (well possibly a couple) this season he's on the half way line getting 'mer'ced' by himself.

Can't say i've noticed him doing it for England though.

mackems.gif

x2.

Ferdinand is so much better than Terry.

Ferdinand is so much better than Terry it isn't worth talking about tbh

Guest rebel_yell12

I don't think Newcastle have to worry about Owen's fitness -- he won't be playing tonight, I'd wager.

On the negative side, this leaves England without a decent in-form goalscorer.

On the positive side, Owen will probably be well-up for the Spurs match.

Terry is made for the Premiership but I have always had doubts about him at international level. Shouldn't admit this but I wanted Ledley King ahead of him not so long ago (before he became a complete crock).

mackems.gif

x2.

Ferdinand is so much better than Terry.

Ferdinand is so much better than Terry it isn't worth talking about tbh

I don't know, the way Terry momentarily stopped trying to play Anelka offside for the French penalty was class.  Mind it would have been equally pointless had he tried to match Anelka's run as it appears he's wearing concrete boots.

So overrated it's not funny.

I don't know, the way Terry momentarily stopped trying to play Anelka offside for the French penalty was class.

Tried playing offside after the ball was kicked. :lol:

Wouldn't even catch Taylor doing that ;)

Aye because he'd be stood on the line after he'd already lost his man. ;)

all three are good defenders. in my humble opinion in order, Terry, Rio and Woodgate.

It'll get shouted down mate, despite being the correct order ;)

I noticed Gerrard was fantastic again last night. How long before he's dropped?

Terry better than Ferdinand? :lol:

Ferdinand is miles better, it's not even close between them imo. Better positioning,  better reading of the game, more comfortable on the ball, makes less mistakes, doesn't get shown up at international level....

Guest float one in

Terry better than Ferdinand? :lol:

Ferdinand is miles better, it's not even close between them imo. Better positioning,  better reading of the game, more comfortable on the ball, makes less mistakes, doesn't get shown up at international level....

Aye. Just out of interest where would you put Lescott in the scheme of things? I haven't seen Everton play this season, not even against us, but heard he's come on a treat since he's been there.