Newcastle United 2 - 0 Fulham - 22/03/08 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

who was motm

Bullard.

Not a f****** chance in hell!! He played well, but I thought both Butt and Barton were better, and Geremi was involved in both goals on top of that as well.

Overall I would say Owen was man of the match. Led by example and had a brilliant game dropping deep and spraying the ball about. Looks fitter and sharper, and still scoring.

Barton's best match for the toon

At Spurs next isn't it? A draw would be quality, and certainly more than possibly given the 'run' we're on. Howay the f****** lads.

How mint does this feel? Honestly. Brilliant.

A Win is expected nothing less. 

Don't be daft.

Going to this one. Quietly confident, which is a change from the abject misery I've felt lately.

At Spurs next isn't it? A draw would be quality, and certainly more than possibly given the 'run' we're on. Howay the f****** lads.

Don't be daft.

Thats what happens when someone has too much fizzy pop - oh and Newcastle win.  Reality goes out the window!!  Never the less, foooookin happy for a change.

I thought the most pleasing part of the game was the intelligent movement of some of our players, in particular Enrique seeming to adopt the right positions on and off the ball with Barton in front often cutting inside, Butt dropping deep at all times, Owen and Viduka coming deep to collect the ball from midfield.

The formation wouldn't have worked otherwise.

Keep the formation then? I thought Oba would be more up for it tbh!

Still, after his theatrics at Brum the other day, i think it's a matter of time before he unleashes an uber-goal.

Don't be daft.

Thats what happens when someone has too much fizzy pop - oh and Newcastle win.  Reality goes out the window!!  Never the less, foooookin happy for a change.

jenas is our 12th man whenever we play spurs..... i dont see any other result TBH

Looking back, if we'd scored at Birmingham and not let that Derbyshire goal in vs Blackburn, we'd be 3 points better off, higher than Boro (who are being talked about as safe now) and less than 2 wins away from the magical 40 point mark.

Shame.

Looking back, if we'd scored at Birmingham and not let that Derbyshire goal in vs Blackburn, we'd be 3 points better off, higher than Boro (who are being talked about as safe now) and less than 2 wins away from the magical 40 point mark.

Shame.

Fuck off.

Guest jcricthon

Harper 6

Beye 6

Taylor 6

Faye 7

Enrique 7

Geremi 8

Butt 7

Barton 7

Owen 7

Martins 6

Viduka 7

Did you see the game?

Yes

How can you give Geremi 8 and Beye 6? should be the other way around.

Corners aside, Geremi played an intelligent game and played quite a few good and important passes that led to goals/chances. Beye's slightly suspect positioning got a bit exposed with just the 3 midfielders instead of four. Not a bad game though.

In his defense, he's an intelligent player.....just not consistent.

Shame.

Fuck off.

Don't cry.