Newcastle United 2 - 0 Fulham - 22/03/08 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

in all honesty bartons slowly getting better, the fulham game was his best so far for us.

i think hes the one most benefiting from keegans style of play. we are more attacking minded and its working spot on for him he is being more included as the ball aint being hoofed from defence to forwards and with more games under the belt hes starting to look the player we tried to buy.

on another key i noticed at the fulham game how shit the milburn stand is!! needs knocking down... would make it better. maybe replace it with a multi storey libary... same kind of atmosphere

Well, this is my first post since the win so I'll give my views:

How much better do we look with the new formation? Not only does it accomodate both Martins and Viduka, but it gets rid of Damien Duff from the side.

I see no reason to change it between now and the end of the season, because the last two matches have been the best we've probably played all season.

Joey Barton was superb. He was everywhere. Tackling hard, making a nuisance of himself, and he actually passed the ball well too.

Geremi was another one who impressed again. His delivery is a lot better than Milners, the only problem with him is that he's extremely slow.

The defence played extremely well as a unit, and it's not surprising that they're starting to play well together after remaining unchanged for the 4th time in a row.

Fulham weren't very good, but full credit to the players, who for once earned their wages.

Geremi was another one who impressed again. His delivery is a lot better than Milners, the only problem with him is that he's extremely slow.

He's not slow once he gets going it's just his acceleration is sluggish, which shows up when he tries to beat a man down the line.

He's not slow once he gets going it's just his acceleration is sluggish, which shows up when he tries to beat a man down the line.

Aye he is slow man. He's got no pace at all.

Guest Knightrider

I thought Butt was the pick of our midfield, followed by Geremi and then Barton in that order. Butt lead the way in terms of pressing, tackling and trying to switch play which he did effectively a number of times throughout.

Guest Knightrider

What Barton did show us on Saturday is that he is a good player, but for every right thing he did or good thing, he followed it with the wrong choice or a mistake. For me he is struggling for some kind of form and it shows in his game.

What Barton did show us on Saturday is that he is a good player, but for every right thing he did or good thing, he followed it with the wrong choice or a mistake. For me he is struggling for some kind of form and it shows in his game.

Don't think his head is sorted with all the court stuff going on.

Don't think his head is sorted with all the court stuff going on.

funny how it affects different players. lee bowyer probably had his best spell at leeds when his court case was on-going. as if football freed him from it for a bit.

I think with Barton, there is an underlying feeling that if he finds form, gets his head straight, and avoids jail, he could be a really excellent player for us.

At the slightest sign of him improving I think people are going to think that at last, we are going to get the player we all hoped for when he signed

Guest Knightrider

I doubt he'll ever be anything special for us as he lacks the genuine quality. If he's starring for us next season it will be in the same vein Parker starred for us under Souness. If we want to climb the league and stay there we need to replace the likes of Barton.

Barton had a canny game but as per usual people are going overboard.

People also go overboard when he doesn't play well mind

As per usual ;)