Newcastle United 2 - 0 Fulham - 22/03/08 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Looking back, if we'd scored at Birmingham and not let that Derbyshire goal in vs Blackburn, we'd be 3 points better off, higher than Boro (who are being talked about as safe now) and less than 2 wins away from the magical 40 point mark.

Shame.

Fuck off.

Don't cry.

Not today mate. :smug:

Keegan singing Owen's praises.

A friend of mine told me that any team could buy his contract for 5m this summer, true?

s***-stirring tbh.

aye theyre not happy unless their slagging us off for something

The usual annoying display of possesion in the first half with more spare passes than Smith has had shit games. I thought we always looked to play narrow too much with Martins jumping into the centre and Enrique being suprisingly conservative with his forward play.

Second half saw some really nice link ups, and better wide play, It was always going to be nervy as hell until we scored again. We were helped hugely by Fulhams blunt front line, Taylor and Faye couldnt have wished for a better game to play in.

Harper - 6 - Had NOTHING to do, did everything well though.

Beye - 7 - Some great link up play and control.. whether Geremi or Milner in front he looks a class act, although like Faye needs to recapture the form he was on before he went to the ACN

Taylor - 8 - Bossed the game, big strong, wasnt troubled Fulham strikers made him look very good.

Faye - 8 - see Taylor

Enrique - 7 -  Conservative first half, much better second with a couple of fabulous runs, not close to the finished article but he is finding his feet more and more.

Geremi - 7.5 - Didnt look wonderfully comfortable, certainly taking players on, but put in a great shift, worked hard, kept running. Should not be allowed to take corners.

Barton - 8 - Good shift, over generous rating, but he is getting better hopefully will turn back into the player I saw play against us every time we went to eastlands.

Butt - 7.5 - Still as wastefull in possesion but that is his jeckyl to his hyde, bossed the midfield in the second half, when he isnt giving it away or conceeding free kicks he sprays some great balls around.

Martins - 6.5 - some dodgy touches but overall a nice performance, if he is sitting wide up front he should stay there, doesnt make the runs needed but has divine inspiration at times.

Owen - 8 - growing into this deeper role was a good creative force, should have had a couple of goals but doesnt put his head down when he misses a glaring chance.

Viduka -7.5 - Not as careless in possesion as usual, great goal, brings so much that has been missing to our attack, please stay fit.

Not just that though is it?

Butt was excellent for the first time in yonks against Brum, likewise Barton today by the sounds of things. Also Martins and Viduka returning, Owen finding some desire etc etc.

I know every goal is a vital one, but how vital have Viduka's goals been this season, when they've come? I hope we hang on to him tbh. 6 in 15 this season.

(Any knee-jerk-accusers can fuck off btw, i've liked Viduka from the word go. :razz: )

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GET THE FUCK IN!!!

About bastard time, we even passed it well at times, Barton was miles better, Owen played with real fight and passion, Butt was class, Beye outstanding, yes Geremi was the worst player yes maybe again Martins should not have been taken off, okay we did sit back a little bit to much BUT WE FUCKING WON!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1735: "This week we've answered the critics. It was nervy at times. Fulham were fighting for their lives, but the second goal from Michael Owen eased the pressure. There's still football to be played - but we've just given ourselves a platform to play in this division next year."

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan after the win over Fulham

why is keegan playing same players, should be palying younger players, butt cant play two passes forward in a match, but he hasnt seen a match since ando palyed

just a nutter

why is keegan playing same players, should be palying younger players, butt cant play two passes forward in a match, but he hasnt seen a match since ando palyed

just a nutter

Least of our worries when we've just won 2-0 in a relegation battle.