pedro111

The fact that the prices were cheap yesterday was also a reason for the high crowd. Perhaps we should lower the prices for all games.

Season tickets are a major factor for some of our crowds though.

decent turn out.. shame 80% of the crowd never say a thing.

tried singing in the milburn and got looks as if i was insulting peoples wifes or something. was like sitting in a libary.

wound me up as i usually sit in leazes level 7 but couldnt get a ticket there and i could here that area and the gallowgate/corner easily due to how quiet the milburn proved to be! complete joke that stand is

Guest toonlass

The fact that the prices were cheap yesterday was also a reason for the high crowd. Perhaps we should lower the prices for all games.

Season tickets are a major factor for some of our crowds though.

Some? Maybe I have picked you up wrong here, but the season ticket holders make up around 90% of the crowd. The club sold all its season tickets by January this year, and by FA law you need to keep 5% for general sale and 5% for away fans, so it would make sense to say that "Season tickets are a major factor for ALL our crowds though."

Sure I read on NUFC.com a while ago that we have in the bracket of about 40,000 season ticket holders. So that leaves 3,000 for away fans (which only Man Utd, Liverpool and the mackems generally bring everyone else struggles to bring 2,000), so on average we manage to sell between 9-10 thousand tickets on general sale, which is quite good IMO since were wank.

Guest Knightrider

I thought the atmosphere was very good too.

I thought so too from my seat in Leazes L7.

This reporter didn't think so though....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/23/sfgnew123.xml

Remarkably, this game attracted St James' biggest crowd of the season, only because Fulham brought just a few diehards, allowing Newcastle to sell more seats in the section normally reserved for away fans. But for much of the game, the stadium was as quiet as Lord's, so much so that you could hear the players barking instructions at one another.

:idiot2:

Can't win with these wankers. The atmosphere was very good throughout I thought. I stand by my belief, in terms of general atmospheres up and down the country, ours as shit as it is, is still better than most.

Season tickets sold out when KK came back but for the visit of s shite team like Fulham, we had not won a game in ages and the weather was shite what a turn out!!

At times there was cracking noise, lets have a full house for every remaining game...

Guest toonlass

Season tickets sold out when KK came back but for the visit of s shite team like Fulham, we had not won a game in ages and the weather was shite what a turn out!!

At times there was cracking noise, lets have a full house for every remaining game...

ok then

Guest Phil K

I thought the atmosphere was very good too.

I thought so too from my seat in Leazes L7.

This reporter didn't think so though....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/23/sfgnew123.xml

Remarkably, this game attracted St James' biggest crowd of the season, only because Fulham brought just a few diehards, allowing Newcastle to sell more seats in the section normally reserved for away fans. But for much of the game, the stadium was as quiet as Lord's, so much so that you could hear the players barking instructions at one another.

:idiot2:

Typical southern sh*tbag - as a commenter said at the bottom - so used to the dead atmosphere at Old Trafford, he sees it where it isn't - and also wishes to portray us as bad as the gloryhunters - I was listening to it while at work - and was surprised and delighted by the support.

Impressive turn out but embarrasing scenes at 89+ minutes where it seemd a good third of the crowd decided to piss off home. I know some people have to leave slightly early to catch a train/bus but after the performance and the first win in a long while, the players deserved an applause. Whats it showing to the players and the media that even after a great win, people opt to save 2 minutes at the bar rather than applaud the players they've paid good money to watch? I definately wouldn't be happy if 2 or 3 players decided to walk off the pitch as soon as the board came up.

Nevertheless a good turnout and a fairly decent atmosphere even when the nerves started to kick in.

Guest The Corner

Simply turning up doesnt mean we have the best home support in the land and all that shitee. SJP is full of miserable fickle bastards in my eyes

Simply turning up doesnt mean we have the best home support in the land and all that shitee. SJP is full of miserable fickle bastards in my eyes

Where do you get "fickle" from?

Even in the worst days of Souness I never heard a chant against the manager.

Guest The Corner

When things arent going well the level of negativity and pessimism is unreal in SJP. Perfect example for me is blackburn the other week, i know it was late in the game and the great SJP exodus had already got under way but the ammount of people that had left the ground before the game kicked off again was ridiculous man. Should stick by your team to the last minute

When things arent going well the level of negativity and pessimism is unreal in SJP. Perfect example for me is blackburn the other week, i know it was late in the game and the great SJP exodus had already got under way but the ammount of people that had left the ground before the game kicked off again was ridiculous man. Should stick by your team to the last minute

Not really fickle to avoid traffic or get a metro you can breathe on having sat through 90 minutes of exasperating football and conceded in the last minute.  I give those people stick, but I wouldn't call them fickle.

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats when you're a Premier league title winning team still in the hunt for Europe (Blackburn).

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats when it's your first season back in the top flight and you've spent £40M (Sunderland).

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats when you're doing just as well as last season and have spent £20M (Boro).

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats in a champions league game when you've spent £350M in the last four seasons and booing your manager because you might be about to lose for the first time at home in 4 years (Chelsea).

I've been thinking for a while why teams seem to raise their games at SJP. i think the crowd are too far away. At Portsmouth, Spurs, Everton even Liverpool the atmosphere is intimidating because fans are almost on the pitch. At SJP fans are away from the touchlne.

If we are going to expand put another 6-8000 around the side of the pitch, make the atmosphere intimidating.

Anfield is as intimidating as tea with my old granny for fucks sake. Full of happy-clappy wankers waving 'you'll never walk alone' scarves - similar to our pogoing shoe-waving tossers but in much greater numbers.

Indeed.

The days of intimidating top flight football grounds are well and truly over, now we're swamped with happyclappy f****** clueless daytripping Sky botherers.

I was looking at the shirts-off Sunderland fans yesterday thinking what a bunch of twats they looked, then heard a couple of two times a season Tarquins behind me having a pop at O'Neill and moaning they weren't going to bother again, and thought which type of fan I'd rather have around me.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Tarquin may be a better option. A lot of macums have personal hygiene problems and tend to smell pretty bad.

Not really fickle to avoid traffic or get a metro you can breathe on having sat through 90 minutes of exasperating football and conceded in the last minute.  I give those people stick, but I wouldn't call them fickle.

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats when you're a Premier league title winning team still in the hunt for Europe (Blackburn).

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats when it's your first season back in the top flight and you've spent £40M (Sunderland).

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats when you're doing just as well as last season and have spent £20M (Boro).

Fickle is ten thousand empty seats in a champions league game when you've spent £350M in the last four seasons and booing your manager because you might be about to lose for the first time at home in 4 years (Chelsea).

:clap:

If liverpool or the mancs had not won a domestic trophy for over half a century they wouldnt have their legions of sycophantic gloryhunters and would therefore never get near 50K fans for a game so yes we are the best by far! We would piss 60K a week if we had a fraction of their success!

Be proud of it!

yep, was gutted so many people were leaving in the last few minutes of the fulham game, ridiculous

Guest Knightrider

:clap:

Spot on. You need to keep posting in here more often HF tbh.

I couldnt believe we had that many, there were a canny few empty seats dotted about level 7.

I didn't see any in Milburn level 7. I tried to sing but it's quite difficult with only 10 out of 200 joining you.

I was reading a paper today at work, cant for the life of me think which, but it had the attendances for the weekend from all the leagues, and the Bundesliga is one to be commended!

15th place club was getting like 50K and all of them were getting around this, in comparison to the PL it was really impressive!

I was reading a paper today at work, cant for the life of me think which, but it had the attendances for the weekend from all the leagues, and the Bundesliga is one to be commended!

15th place club was getting like 50K and all of them were getting around this, in comparison to the PL it was really impressive!

what would premiership crowds be like if it was £10 to get in. it's far cheaper in germany to go to football and good on them for having it that way

Second. :pow: