Wise chases 11-year-old American boy

oldtype

11 year old?

Taking the piss are we?

Surely there are younger kids being watched. I'm sure I've read stuff about 7 year olds and whatnot. Granted, we aren't flying them in from the US.

We signed a 7 year old keeper the other week. Other clubs were after him as well. Crazy :idiot2:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/copy2/livecopy/2008/03/19/everton-beat-man-utd-and-liverpool-to-signing-of-seven-year-old-goalkeeper-89520-20356193/

The US is such a hotbed of football talent this move will silence all those Wise doubters  :nope:

thing is, it's a good move to get the young american players with potential OUT of the US and into the better levels of competition in england before they atrophy in the weaker US leagues.

11 year old?

Taking the piss are we?

Surely there are younger kids being watched. I'm sure I've read stuff about 7 year olds and whatnot. Granted, we aren't flying them in from the US.

We signed a 7 year old keeper the other week. Other clubs were after him as well. Crazy :idiot2:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/copy2/livecopy/2008/03/19/everton-beat-man-utd-and-liverpool-to-signing-of-seven-year-old-goalkeeper-89520-20356193/

Bugger me, what if the kid never grows when he hits manhood, he might not be physically tall enough, no matter how good he is now. Stupid really.

The US is such a hotbed of football talent this move will silence all those Wise doubters  :nope:

thing is, it's a good move to get the young american players with potential OUT of the US and into the better levels of competition in england before they atrophy in the weaker US leagues.

Thing is you'd be far better off applying that to Italy, Spain, Holland, Brazil and Argentina before the US.

Guest LucaAltieri

Thing is you'd be far better off applying that to Italy, Spain, Holland, Brazil and Argentina before the US.

Well done, you've just named at least 3 countries that have better youth set ups than England does.

Also the best bit about it is that they'll grow up in England and will most likely end up playing for England rather then the US :)  Newcastle get good players, England get some more good players and the US don't... win win win.

I disagree, honestly. If a kid is showing an ability for it, get him the hell out of here before he goes to High School or the MLS. Once the MLS gets a guy they think they can make money off, they are very hesitant to let him go. It's a long shot that this kid will develop into anything, but getting to him before a college team or an MLS team gets to him will do wonders for his chances.

Guest Jawesome

11 year old?

Taking the piss are we?

Bugger me, what if the kid never grows when he hits manhood, he might not be physically tall enough, no matter how good he is now. Stupid really.

He might grow, he might not.  Wheres the harm in signing him anyway?  It's not like we're paying 10 million for the lad.

Guest optimistic nit

the press have given wise some stick like, but am i the only one who seems to be impressed by what he has done/is doing so far?

aye, but whether any of them actually get into the first team is another matter entirely. he's definately going about it the right way, but if we're just signing any old fools to be our scouts it'll mean fuck all in the long run. not saying they are like, but none of our scouts have a massive scouting pedigree as far as i'm aware. still looks optimistic though.

Beye, Butt, Cacapa, Carr, Faye, Given/Harper and Viduka all the wrong side of 30.

Barton, Duff, Geremi, Emre, Owen, and Smith  all getting there fast.

Carrol, Edgar, Forster, Enrique, Zoggy, Milner, LuaLua, Ramage, Taylor, Tozer, Troisi our under 25's.

Martins, who knows?  O0

The majority of the players Keegan is putting his faith in (and that are returning it) are getting on a bit.  For a club with a policy of signing young talent that goes back years, how have we ended up with such an aged collection of stalwarts?

God knows what's going on in Zoggy's head, Milner might be in Keegans plans when he's fit, but looking at the emboldened first team which have turned the bad run around recently, you can't help but think they're getting on, and I can't believe Geremi's under 30 is he?

Wisey wants to start picking up some gems soon as our policy of buying quality young players seems to have yielded little so far. 

Guest f***thepress

"When he watched Emerson, I think Dennis saw himself in him,” Schellas, himself a university soccer coach, told the Sunday Sun from Dallas.

F  in hell steady on Dennis !!!

Guest f***thepress

Wise said within 10 minutes of seeing Emerson in action against boys a year older: “I just love the guy."

Dear me :  )