Sunday Gossip

Thespence

Souness has dig at United fans

Mar 30 2008 by Coreena Ford, Sunday Sun

Michael Martin, editor of fanzine True Faith, was equally enraged.

He said: “It was his fault he failed at Newcastle and he got a big payout for it, and we’re a big club that bought very badly under his reign.

“He was a fantastic player but a disaster as a manager . . . a phony and a coward.

“If he wants to discuss it, I know a few people who would like to talk to him here, so maybe the big man can come here and say it.”

An accurate summary. Two words was all that were needed.

On a similar note, i always had respect - and i still do - for Gullit because he had the professional integrity to walk into Shepherd's office and admit that he blew his opportunity in the manager's hotseat, before declining a golden handshake. It takes a man with a sense of honour to do that. Souness on the other hand is an honourless pig.

Newcastle will table a £6.5million bid for Wayne Bridge in the summer.

Newcastle have joined Chelsea in the race to sign Sheffield Wednesday star Mark Beevers.

Newcastle have made Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen one of their top targets for the summer

Other stories from todays papers

Newcastle have joined Chelsea in the race to sign Sheffield Wednesday star Mark Beevers.

Newcastle have made Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen one of their top targets for the summer

Not over keen on Bridge or Eidur.

Not over keen on Bridge or Eidur.

I love Beevers.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan has admitted he has made a new left-back one of his top transfer targets.

Keegan is expected to undertake a massive squad overhaul at the end of the season after a disappointing campaign this term.

The Magpies are short of options at full-back with Jose Enrique the club's only recognised left-back at St James' Park.

Keegan has been linked with a move for Chelsea's Wayne Bridge and the Magpies chief has hinted he will move for a proven Premier League star so that he can go straight into the side.

"We've got one left-back at the club in Jose Enrique and he could get injured or suspended," Keegan told The News of the World.

"Whoever, we fetch in, we can't sign just foreign players and expect them to know all about the Premier League.

"I'm not scared of taking a gamble, but we want some solid players who know the Premier League if we're going to turn things round quickly."

Beckford's been shit this season apparantly, but he would be a better option than Shola/Chopra ever were.

Who told you he's been shit? He was at Scunny last season, and although he was brilliant, he's not Premiership quality.

As i've mentioned in a different thread fail to see why Luis Fabiano would move here. Scored a boat load of goals for Sevilla this season and last and surely could get a move to a bigger & better club than us.

ok then.......

---

Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano admits he's desperate to clinch a move to Real Madrid.

The Brazilian's future is set to be soon decided as Sevilla agree to sell their minority share in his contract to the investment company that holds a controlling stake.

"It is important for me to play for a club like Real Madrid, but I am calm, I am 28 years old and have a contract with Sevilla until 2009," admitted Fabiano.

Id take Lennon to be honest, £8m is a decent price in todys market for an english player. Ireally rate him highly, he's like the winger version of Martins in the sense he's so dangerous and scares full baclks. Can go on both wings, and mportantly makes runs to get behind the full back and aso gets past the full backs to the byline. When you have players like Owen and Viduka the quality of the cross isnt as important.

I wouldn't be totally against us gambling on Lennon. £8m isn't a crazy amount in the grand scheme of things, especially given his background. (English, wonderkid, Spurs, international, pacy, etc). I think Keegan could get him to play n'all.

i think that we could use eidur to be honest i he's a good passer has good technique and a high workrate and he would fit in KIng kev style IMO

i think that we could use eidur to be honest i he's a good passer has good technique and a high workrate and he would fit in KIng kev style IMO

I think Eidur is a good player, but i have reservations on spending decent money and huge wages on ageing players.

Although if it meant he was a direct replacement for Smith then i'm all for it.

ON the whole some decent rumours there.

Would love to see Lennon & Reyes in for Duff and competition for Milner. However i think Milner would be the perfect player to balance Lennon, total opposites and adds good options.

Reyes: Would he settle? Would he move? If its a yes yes then i reckon its an amazing leap forward from Duff.

Bridge is a great players and we do need another LB but i think we don't need someone as big named as him unless we've got loads of cash. We just need cover for Enrique as the lad is settling in nicely and looks very promising.

Luis Fabinao is a decent player in excellent form, peaking, perfect for Madrid etc...We need someone more consistent or younger, i know he's had a magic season, but its his only one at top level. James Beattie of La Liga?

Reyes: Would he settle? Would he move? If its a yes yes then i reckon its an amazing leap forward from Duff.

I think the lad knows now he needs to shut the fuck & play football after Arsenal went sour & failing to establish himself in Madrid x 2.

Guest LucaAltieri

Throw buckets of cash at Arsenal until they agree to give us Walcott. Would prefer him to 10 Aaron Lennons.

I wouldn't want us to relegate Enrique to the bench by buying Bridge. We need a youngster to be Enrique's deputy.

How young do you want the back up to be as Enrique is only 22

Alright then, someone able who is willing to be back-up. I like Enrique and think he should be playing, but neither Bridge or Riise (mentioned previously) would come here without being first-choice or on a fucking disgusting wage. We don't need a first-choice IMO.