Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

Just got back from the match. Absolutely fucking amazing. Can't be bothered to read the thread TBH, but I'll give my opinions anyway  :rolleyes:.

If you read my pre-match comments, I was pretty optimistic ahead of this one, I really thought we'd win it, but I never expected it to be this comfortable. Best performance I've seen from the lads since Robson.

Player ratings:

Harper 8 - Good game, very little to do second half, couldn't do anything about goal

Beye 9 - Great game from Habib, especially second half didn't put a foot wrong

Faye 8.5 - Beaten for the goal, losing him a point, otherwise was outstanding.

Taylor 8 - Solid, occasionally positionally suspect

Enrique 7.5 - Caught out by Keane a few times, comfortable once the diving Irishman went off. Good going forwards.

Geremi 8 - Corners a little better, still hit and miss, oherwise a good technical game; kept the ball well.

Butt 7.5 - Good goal, broke up play, but gave away some dangerous free kicks

Barton 9 - Outstanding. Best game in a toon shirt. Unlucky not to get a goal. Lost count of the number of tackles and interceptions he made that immediately drove us forward.

Viduka 7.5 - Held up play well, faded.

Owen 8 - Missed some sitters but took his goal well and linked up the midfield expertly, very rarely missed a pass.

Martins 7.5 - Battled well and excellent goal. No vision a lot of the time though, needed to show a bit more intelligence.

Subs:

Smith 4 - Shite. Did little apart from give away free kicks

Carroll 7 - Looked a threat. Excellent keep-ball in the corner at the end.

Edgar - came on late, looked ok, but can't rate.

Them:

Best player: Woodgate - had a strong game despite the scoreline, not helped by the defence around him (Hutton was good, but Dawson and O'Hara were terrible).

Worst player: Dawson - looked terrified the whole game, especially when marking Martins.

Our Fans: 7 - Good singing from the travelling faithful, but it would be given the score line. Some good chants (Get your drum out for the lads notable). One dick head got ejected though, and the away section was pretty empty until 10mins before kickoff which was disappointing. No-one even cheered the team announcements.

Their Fans: 2 - Terrible. As bad as Chelsea. Sing in the Library.

Ref: Bennett - 6 - no major wrong decisions, but just a series of really strange smaller decisions. Didn't favour either side but didn't make any sense.

Guest f***thepress

I like Martins, but you know he's scored 1 goal in our last 20 games?

Doesn't quite deserve the  :smitten:

agreed to a point....but what about his last 20 for us,as opposed to the clubs last 20 ?

He's got 5 in his last 20.

Owen has that in his last 8.

I love to see them both play, but I can't understand the Oba-love, and the Owen-hate.

How many starts has he had in those games as opposed to Owen?

I'm not getting at Oba,  I'd just like to see Owen get a bit of "Englands Number one" and that, but the fans give him nowt.

To answer your question, Owen's got 5 in his last 720 minutes, Oba's taken 1320 minutes to get that.

You havent answered my question - how many STARTS has he had as opposed to Owen?

Just got back from the match. Absolutely fucking amazing. Can't be bothered to read the thread TBH, but I'll give my opinions anyway  :rolleyes:.

If you read my pre-match comments, I was pretty optimistic ahead of this one, I really thought we'd win it, but I never expected it to be this comfortable. Best performance I've seen from the lads since Robson.

Player ratings:

Harper 8 - Good game, very little to do second half, couldn't do anything about goal

Enrique 7.5 - Caught out by Keane a few times, comfortable once the diving Irishman went off. Good going forwards.

Geremi 8 - Corners a little better, still hit and miss, oherwise a good technical game; kept the ball well.

Barton 9 - Outstanding. Best game in a toon shirt. Unlucky not to get a goal. Lost count of the number of tackles and interceptions he made that immediately drove us forward.

Owen 8 - Missed some sitters but took his goal well and linked up the midfield expertly, very rarely missed a pass.

Martins 7.5 - Battled well and excellent goal. No vision a lot of the time though, needed to show a bit more intelligence.

Subs:

Smith 4 - Shite. Did little apart from give away free kicks

Them:

Best player: Woodgate - had a strong game despite the scoreline, not helped by the defence around him (Hutton was good, but Dawson and O'Hara were terrible).

Worst player: Dawson - looked terrified the whole game, especially when marking Martins.

Our Fans: 7 - Good singing from the travelling faithful, but it would be given the score line. Some good chants (Get your drum out for the lads notable). One dick head got ejected though, and the away section was pretty empty until 10mins before kickoff which was disappointing. No-one even cheered the team announcements.

Ref: Bennett - 6 - no major wrong decisions, but just a series of really strange smaller decisions. Didn't favour either side but didn't make any sense.

Agree with almost everything there, probably would have marked Enrique slightly higher though, thought he was very solid defensively. Some pretty funny chants today, especially enjoyed "Should have signed for a big club" at Woodgate. Thought Hutton was their best player mind, Woody almost gifted us a goal when Beye hit the bar. Excellent from Barton, really hope he can produce that sort of form on a regular basis.

There was one funny bit today when Geremi scored and we, the travelling faithful, collectively scratched our heads for 2 minutes trying to remember if we have a song for him.

We couldn't think of one so resorted to Kevin Keegan ones instead. Anyone got any ideas?

This probably deserves its own thread, will start one.

I like Martins, but you know he's scored 1 goal in our last 20 games?

Doesn't quite deserve the  :smitten:

agreed to a point....but what about his last 20 for us,as opposed to the clubs last 20 ?

He's got 5 in his last 20.

Owen has that in his last 8.

I love to see them both play, but I can't understand the Oba-love, and the Owen-hate.

How many starts has he had in those games as opposed to Owen?

I'm not getting at Oba,  I'd just like to see Owen get a bit of "Englands Number one" and that, but the fans give him nowt.

To answer your question, Owen's got 5 in his last 720 minutes, Oba's taken 1320 minutes to get that.

You havent answered my question - how many STARTS has he had as opposed to Owen?

I haven't got a fucking clue mate.  Why don't you tell me?

Just got back from the match. Absolutely f****** amazing. Can't be bothered to read the thread TBH, but I'll give my opinions anyway  :rolleyes:.

Player ratings:

Subs:

Smith 4 - s****. Did little apart from give away free kicks

Them:

Agree with almost everything there, probably would have marked Enrique slightly higher though, thought he was very solid defensively. Some pretty funny chants today, especially enjoyed "Should have signed for a big club" at Woodgate. Thought Hutton was their best player mind, Woody almost gifted us a goal when Beye hit the bar. Excellent from Barton, really hope he can produce that sort of form on a regular basis.

Fair enough if that was Woodgate with Beye at the start, was the complete opposite end of the ground and couldn't tell.

Hutton was very good, you're right. Was thinking of changing my worst player one actually. Dawson was terrible, but Berbatov was just as bad, constantly out jumped by Nicky Butt. Couldn't understand him staying on when Keane came off.

There was one funny bit today when Geremi scored and we, the travelling faithful, collectively scratched our heads for 2 minutes trying to remember if we have a song for him.

We couldn't think of one so resorted to Kevin Keegan ones instead. Anyone got any ideas?

This probably deserves its own thread, will start one.

Steal the one the guy on youtube made using the tune of 'Valerie'.

Fair enough if that was Woodgate with Beye at the start, was the complete opposite end of the ground and couldn't tell.

Hutton was very good, you're right. Was thinking of changing my worst player one actually. Dawson was terrible, but Berbatov was just as bad, constantly out jumped by Nicky Butt. Couldn't understand him staying on when Keane came off.

I only knew it was Woody because I saw the replay on the big screen :lol: Berbs didn't look as though he could be bothered today, Bent and Keane looked much more threatening throughout. O'Hara seemed well out of his depth at LB.

Did they stewards manage to try and get our lot to sit or did everyone stand? They normally give us loads of bother for standing and end up ejecting a canny few people.

Did they stewards manage to try and get our lot to sit or did everyone stand? They normally give us loads of bother for standing and end up ejecting a canny few people.

Nah, we were just allowed to stand in the lower section at least. I think they realised it would be pointless trying to impose it. They did throw someone out though, not sure what for.

Never even tried, was quite good. One guy did get ejected after a scuffle but no idea what it was about.

Never even tried, was quite good.

That's a first. Biggest bunch of pricks I've ever encountered, that big black fella is never happy till he's filled his quota or chucking about 10 people out.

Guest Toepoke

I fkn hate that Jockaneze b****** on sky I really do, Andy fkn hate the Toon Grey, on  The Last Word it had to be all about what Spuds did wrong and not what we did right.

I knew some paranoid cunt would post this. First of all if you watch the ast word you will notice that he does that to every single team he tells us what every team could have done better. Every goal from open play is stoppable if each defender does everything perfect. Andy Gray does not hate the toon infact i really think he quite likes us tbh.

I fkn hate that Jockaneze b****** on sky I really do, Andy fkn hate the Toon Grey, on  The Last Word it had to be all about what Spuds did wrong and not what we did right.

I knew some paranoid c*** would post this. First of all if you watch the ast word you will notice that he does that to every single team he tells us what every team could have done better. Every goal from open play is stoppable if each defender does everything perfect. Andy Gray does not hate the toon infact i really think he quite likes us tbh.

:lol: Being good mates with Big Al is as close as he comes to liking the Toon..

Can any onlooking Tottenham fan tell me why exactly they're playing a reservist midfielder at LB when they probably now have something like 15 players who could play that position?

O'Hara was truly Babayaro-esque today. Not that I'm complaining mind.

Guest Toepoke

I knew some paranoid c*** would post this. First of all if you watch the ast word you will notice that he does that to every single team he tells us what every team could have done better. Every goal from open play is stoppable if each defender does everything perfect. Andy Gray does not hate the toon infact i really think he quite likes us tbh.

:lol: Being good mates with Big Al is as close as he comes to liking the Toon..

Nah he does like us, I can tell.

Wow, never thought such praise would be showered upon us, in such an objective and honest report, too! Guess where it's from?

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/342108.aspx

(Hi everyone)

and yes I'm embarrassed! I haven't seen any report or official comment yet but fcuk me what a shower!

As soon as I saw that Bent/Berba/Keane were all starting along with no recognised left back, I thought this was either very brave or very stoopid.

I was in the South lower right next to the 'toon', and the embarassment comes from not only them outplaying us, but out-singing us. Those boys are fcuking mental. They just don't shut up..... Fair play to their them, their players and fans were up for it today. They were FIRST to every lose ball. WANTED it more than us and it showed.

Points of note. Diego Maradona's thread on O'Hara I absolutely agree with 100%. The boy just isn't ready yet, and he's out of his depth at this moment in time. (Been thinking it for a few weeks now). And I'm not anti O'hara, he's from my neck of the woods afterall. but he's not cutting it yet.

We played with NO width whatsoever. We didn't play to Bent strengths. No balls through the channels, Berba was too deep to be effective with Keane like he has been.

Question Ramos: If it aint broke (Keane/Berba) why fix it???????

No players come away with any credit today. Woodgate possibly, apart from that all the plaudits go to the fecking Toon

Obafemi Martins caused us problems all afternoon. Created absolute havoc for Dawson. I didnt realise how short he is, looks like a giant on the TV, so why Dawson feels the need to push him in the back when challenging for a header (which leads to a goal) is beyond me. We could do a lot worse than him if we're looking for a pacy forward....

Nicky Butt played with a assurance that only comes with 10 major honors in the game. We had no one to match him in the midfield. Come to think of it, weaint got no one to match him in our entire squad.

It's so fcuking typical of Spurs that we can put in a performance like the 5-1 and the 2-1 and then make Newcastle look like UEFA CL contenders...

I haven't seen such an inept performance since..... Newcastle in October funnily enough! If we don't watch out they could be our new Chelsea. What is it now? 6 wins in a row against us?

I expect some fcuking heads to roll from this zhit.

-- Merovingian (some lad from France)

Wow, never thought such praise would be showered upon us, in such an objective and honest report, too! Guess where it's from?

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/342108.aspx

(Hi everyone)

and yes I'm embarrassed! I haven't seen any report or official comment yet but fcuk me what a shower!

As soon as I saw that Bent/Berba/Keane were all starting along with no recognised left back, I thought this was either very brave or very stoopid.

I was in the South lower right next to the 'toon', and the embarassment comes from not only them outplaying us, but out-singing us. Those boys are fcuking mental. They just don't shut up..... Fair play to their them, their players and fans were up for it today. They were FIRST to every lose ball. WANTED it more than us and it showed.

Points of note. Diego Maradona's thread on O'Hara I absolutely agree with 100%. The boy just isn't ready yet, and he's out of his depth at this moment in time. (Been thinking it for a few weeks now). And I'm not anti O'hara, he's from my neck of the woods afterall. but he's not cutting it yet.

We played with NO width whatsoever. We didn't play to Bent strengths. No balls through the channels, Berba was too deep to be effective with Keane like he has been.

Question Ramos: If it aint broke (Keane/Berba) why fix it???????

No players come away with any credit today. Woodgate possibly, apart from that all the plaudits go to the fecking Toon

Obafemi Martins caused us problems all afternoon. Created absolute havoc for Dawson. I didnt realise how short he is, looks like a giant on the TV, so why Dawson feels the need to push him in the back when challenging for a header (which leads to a goal) is beyond me. We could do a lot worse than him if we're looking for a pacy forward....

Nicky Butt played with a assurance that only comes with 10 major honors in the game. We had no one to match him in the midfield. Come to think of it, weaint got no one to match him in our entire squad.

It's so fcuking typical of Spurs that we can put in a performance like the 5-1 and the 2-1 and then make Newcastle look like UEFA CL contenders...

I haven't seen such an inept performance since..... Newcastle in October funnily enough! If we don't watch out they could be our new Chelsea. What is it now? 6 wins in a row against us?

I expect some fcuking heads to roll from this zhit.

-- Merovingian (some lad from France)

:kasper: If someone said that on here they'd probably be sectioned. 

LOVE that