Owen - Time for him to shine?

Decky

Banging them in for KK, he also looks fitter than ever, he said it himself but we didnt believe him as he got injured shortly after, but hes been back a while and we are starting to see what a consistant Michael Owen is capable off. TBH i think he will trive under KK and will lead the KK revolution on the pitch. Good times, reckon we are well on our way to justifying the money we paid for him at this rate.

I'm warming to him with every game he plays now (huh, wonder why), but i'm still not entirely convinced about him. It could be just a good run... but that's just pessimistic. The truth is, he's playing superb football and is something of a talisman atm. I thought he was exceptional against Fulham, even though he wasn't in the game constantly... and even though he wasn't upfront managed to grab a goal.

Can't really comment on today as i didn't see the game, but he's clearly continuing in the same form. Howay Mickey. As a resident anti-Owen (sort of), my head is officially on the turn...

Banging them in for KK, he also looks fitter than ever, he said it himself but we didnt believe him as he got injured shortly after, but hes been back a while and we are starting to see what a consistant Michael Owen is capable off. TBH i think he will trive under KK and will lead the KK revolution on the pitch. Good times, reckon we are well on our way to justifying the money we paid for him at this rate.

U might be getting a touch ahead of yaself there, on the back of an awesome performance today.

Generally agree with the rest, if Owen stays fit and stays with us he'll only get better.

Yorkie - you need to get rid of that 'Thanks anyway' as you are thanking that fat bastard for nothing. He reduced the quality of our squad, and had these players playing at 25% of their ability.

Allardyce gave absolutely nothing to the club, and we can thank our lucky stars that we have been able to get out of the mess he created.

Slightly off-topic - apologies.

Yorkie - you need to get rid of that 'Thanks anyway' as your are thanking that fat b****** for nothing. He reduced the quality of our squad, and had these players playing at 25% of his ability.

Allardyce gave absolutely nothing to the club, and we can thank our lucky stars that we have been able to get out of the mess he created.

Amazingly, I think James is spot on.

Fat wanker was a joke, in all honesty.

Great to see Owen performing, really bodes well for his future as he needs to change his game to be a top striker again and he's showing signs that he might be able to do it.

Keegan has been a god-send for him tbh.

Yorkie - you need to get rid of that 'Thanks anyway' as your are thanking that fat bastard for nothing. He reduced the quality of our squad, and had these players playing at 25% of his ability.

Took months for a bite but got one in the end. ;)

T'will be changed. :razz:

Chill, Decky :laugh:

Shearer - £15m - 206 goals.

Owen - £17m - 20 something goals. (can't be arsed to check but maybe it's still in the teens)

He'll never end up justifying his transfer fee because of the past 2 injury-filled years and his wages are still too much for a player who's a shadow of the one we signed.

Signed 10 years later and with a tiny percentage of his starts.

Owen will never be another Shearer, but he's the best striker on the planet that could possibly be up front for us next year.

That's quite an exaggeration, don't you think?

Owen will never be another Shearer, but he's the best striker on the planet that could possibly be up front for us next year.

No.

Who's a more proven striker that's going to sign for a relegation fodder club?

No.

Next season?

No.

Next season?

I don't think we will be then, but I can't see Henry having the same level of faith based on this season.

No.

Next season?

I don't think we will be then, but I can't see Henry having the same level of faith based on this season.

I do actually agree with your point, but surely everything changes next season? Clean slate, and apart from the lack of Europe we'd be an attractive club to join especially if we get some good wins under out belt and the football keeps impressing.

Henry? Who knows. Henry doesn't like being a big fish in a massive pond, he'd much prefer to be king of the pitch somewhere, and he is suited to the prem.

Same kind of things were said about Owen when we took him from Madrid, but it did happen, so who knows?

But in general, i can't see a name as big as Owen joining us, however i reckon there are better players for us out there, we've just got to find them.