Rozehnal set for Toon return

tgarve

From http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3369219,00.html

David Rozehnal is set to return to Newcastle this summer after his loan spell at Lazio has failed to prove as beneficial as the Czech Republic international had hoped.

The 27-year-old versatile defender agreed to join the Serie A side in an emergency loan move in January with the aim of getting regular first team football.

However, Rozehnal has failed to cement a regular place in the Lazio back-line, and after being repeatedly overlooked the player's agent Viktor Kolar believes any potential move will depend on a pending statement from the Italian club.

Permanant option

"So far Lazio have not told us there plans," said Kolar.

"The Italians have a clause which says that they can use the option of a permanent move until May.

"Then we will know the whole situation at Lazio and we can make further steps regarding David's future.

"We have been in contact with Newcastle, namely their sports director Dennis Wise, but everything will depend on Lazio's statement."

I wouldn't have a problem with him getting a second chance under the new manager. He will need to improve though.

Aye, agree with that. If he goes, he goes; another bad egg. If he stays, see if he's any better under Keegan. He didn't look bad at the start of the season but frittered out immensely after he was dropped.

Guest daveaha

I have faith in Keegan to bring out the best of Rozenhal... he couldn't be any worse than Darren Peacock ?

I personally think he is nowhere near good enough for the first team but would gladly take him back as cover as long as he is willing to knucke down and not moan about it.

Agreed. More bodies the better, especially with Cacapa injured and Faye does tend to pick up a lot of niggles. Its either Rozy or Ramage if we get down to the bones.

I have faith in Keegan to bring out the best of Rozenhal... he couldn't be any worse than Darren Peacock ?

Eh? Apart from a shaky first (part) season at the club after he was first signed (on deadline day iirc) Peacock was class under Keegan for us. He (wrongly imo) got stick for the supposedly dodgy defence (another myth) which cost us the league according to lazy hacks.

Guest Stephen927

Bring him back, allow Keegan some time to re-assess him.

My first instincts are he hasn't got much of a future at the club and that Keegan will be looking for better in the window.

Eh? Apart from a shaky first (part) season at the club after he was first signed (on deadline day iirc) Peacock was class under Keegan for us. He (wrongly imo) got stick for the supposedly dodgy defence (another myth) which cost us the league according to lazy hacks.

The only defender i've ever got excited about while doing something on the pitch which requires defending (as in not scoring goals at the other end).

His goal line clearances were amazing.

I wonder how his short leg is doing these days?

Guest float one in

I second that.

Not too concerned either way. He looked good in the friendlies, but I get the feeling he's probably burned his boats with Keegan. He was shipped out pretty sharpish after some comments leaked out about Keegan's team talk iirc.

Aye totally agree with that.

I often thought Howey was the weak link, but i guess i'm not supposed to say that (a la Taylor)

Yep. I was only 11-12 at the time, but never understood how Howey got called-up for England ahead of him.

Yep. I was only 11-12 at the time, but never understood how Howey got called-up for England ahead of him.

He wasn't buried alive by hair?

Nowt wrong with Darren Peacock, he was actually one of our better defenders and I'd be happy to have another one like him.

Aye totally agree with that.

I often thought Howey was the weak link, but i guess i'm not supposed to say that (a la Taylor)

I didn't like Howey and that was before he opened his mouth, I couldn't understand how we got so much money for him when we sold him.