Laurent Robert to Toronto FC

thewellander

Huh, was watching the MLS highlights this weekend and thought about Robert. Good for him.

Yeah, what a move for him, eh? :lol:

HE IS FINISHED!!! He has been for years aka the day he left us.

Did some people on here want him back earlier in the season or am just imagining that?

I think Crumpy wanted him back as a set piece coach.

Huh, was watching the MLS highlights this weekend and thought about Robert. Good for him.

Yeah, what a move for him, eh? :lol:

Well all things considered it is tbh. Football there isn't that bad. He's clearly finished when it comes to top flight anywhere, class place to live for a while I suspect and he'll probably be getting decent money.

Friends reunited for him and carver. who is trying desperately to lure anyone he worked with at newcastle to heighten his name. shame nobby and speed and even kevin gall have already snubbed him. he does have martin brittain still on trial Tho! excited to see robert over here but dont expect alot.

I'm not bothered about Robert nor the MLS.

And yet you decided to post in this thread.  Thanks!

It's a gamble for Carver, that's for sure.  He won't be on huge wages, but he's definitely a player who could laze his way through a hot summer.  Granted, even Robert operating at 50% would be an improvement on TFC's current squad!

Robert did a good job for us, I don't understand why so many of our fans seem to revel in his misfortune, he was outspoken against Souness but what he said was right.  I’d be more than happy to be watching a Robert clone playing for us now.

Robert did a good job for us, I don't understand why so many of our fans seem to revel in his misfortune, he was outspoken against Souness but what he said was right.  Id be more than happy to be watching a Robert clone playing for us now.

All of or ex-players are shite Mick, don't you know that?

All of or ex-players are s**** Mick, don't you know that?

It's a bit like having an ex, one minute you tell her you love her, she blows you out and you hate her.   :lol:

And yet you decided to post in this thread.  Thanks!

It's a gamble for Carver, that's for sure.  He won't be on huge wages, but he's definitely a player who could laze his way through a hot summer.  Granted, even Robert operating at 50% would be an improvement on TFC's current squad!

No doubt. TFC is right terrible at the moment. Robert is probably past his prime, but Toronto is dying for a player who can actually bring some creativity to their game. And if he plays to his potential, the fans will love him. Of course, we love Danny Dichio, so it's not hard to win us over!  ;D

Guest JamesD

He should probably use his MLS career to transition to the NFL.  Could make for a good place kicker.

Robert was immense for us. Past it by the end though IMO, Souness or not.

I think his motivation had gone at the end, I think Souness knocked it out of him.

Agreed, definitely still could have got more out of him if he was managed properly.

I think his motivation had gone at the end, I think Souness knocked it out of him.

Tbf, I think even SBR struggled at times. He wasn't a very well-motivated player in general.

Tbf, I think even SBR struggled at times. He wasn't a very well-motivated player in general.

Bobby got the best out of him, so did Souness at times but you can't keep hitting out at people all of the time or they'll get pissed off and rebel.

Bobby got the best out of him, so did Souness at times but you can't keep hitting out at people all of the time or they'll get pissed off and rebel.

Quite right. We saw the Robert/Bellamy problems coming a mile off. God, I can't bear to think about it. 'Proper players'. :angry:

Quite right. We saw the Robert/Bellamy problems coming a mile off. God, I can't bear to think about it. 'Proper players'. :angry:

With a bit of luck we'll forget the bad times once Keegan gets the players we need.

I remember Bobby saying something to the effect that Robert was one of the most difficult players he'd ever worked with – "even more difficult than Romario".