Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

would players want to play next to barton, remember silvestre wouldn't come because he's best friends with dabo

another reason to get rid of him

The club can sack him but hold on to his registration so if another club wants him we can claim compensation IIRC.

Similar to Mutu at Chelsea.

The answer.

I can't believe people have doubts as to whether there are protective measures written into Barton's contract.

Even if Freddy Shepherd maliciously left a time bomb (or Ashley and Mort royally fucked up one of their first ever transfers) there is no way known that we are paying Barton's wages while he is in the clink.

The Dabo assault was fresh in the minds which would have prompted a "last chance" clause - a chance he blew when he beat the shit out of a boy, just after an assaulting another man.

So the power is entirely in the clubs hands.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that Joey Barton played on the left side of our midfield three - the same position it was expected a certain Luka Modric might fill had he not chosen the Yids. Perhaps the club was already preparing for life after Barton...?

"If someone is true and wants help and there aim is to become a better person then we will be there for them "

Peter Kay - Sporting Chance

:-X

I see the Sun have went overboard with their assesment. Saying he should be booted out of football for good for his fight in Mac D's.

Funny that, I see Pennant, Hughes, Big Dunc among others managed to get back on a pitch!

Guest Somebody_Told_Me

I hope you sack him, potentially a good player but you shouldn't have a person like that tarnishing the name of your football club.

I hope he gets as long as possible from the Dabo trail and we just sack the little piece of s*** and refuse to pay him another penny.

Then we'd be the only ones to lose out.  Football being football someone else would definately sign him up and, as he'd be on a free, he'd end up with wages at least as high as those he's on now.

Fair enough sack him, but don't think it will hurt him financially.

The club can sack him but hold on to his registration so if another club wants him we can claim compensation IIRC.

Similar to Mutu at Chelsea.

The answer.

I can't believe people have doubts as to whether there are protective measures written into Barton's contract.

Even if Freddy Shepherd maliciously left a time bomb (or Ashley and Mort royally fucked up one of their first ever transfers) there is no way known that we are paying Barton's wages while he is in the clink.

The Dabo assault was fresh in the minds which would have prompted a "last chance" clause - a chance he blew when he beat the shit out of a boy, just after an assaulting another man.

So the power is entirely in the clubs hands.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that Joey Barton played on the left side of our midfield three - the same position it was expected a certain Luka Modric might fill had he not chosen the Yids. Perhaps the club was already preparing for life after Barton...?

Aye, to take my arse firmly off the fence, and after thinking about it a fair bit more/reading all the news about it from various sources, I want him gone in the way that Baggio has suggested, if it's at all possible. If it was me making the decision, that's the route I'd take.

However, I'll support him/the club if he's kept on, of course, but he'll have to be much fucking better when he's on the park.

Should be Keegan's decision really. If he thinks he can sort him out, then we have to stick by him, no two ways about it. I think he's a scumbag, but I care about how this affects the club on the pitch more than in the newspapers.

Guest mobiius

I see the Sun have went overboard with their assesment. Saying he should be booted out of football for good for his fight in Mac D's.

Funny that, I see Pennant, Hughes, Big Dunc among others managed to get back on a pitch!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: i did'nt see any sun campaigns to rid the game of kung fu cantana either

Guest Mucky01

if the backlash to Barton is bad now just wait untill the CCTV recordings are released to the media, anyways, why has’nt it been released yet?

Guest mobiius

Jail is the best place for Scum like barton he will never change,

If keegan has any sense he will get rid of the phsyco now,

There are players who will not come to newcastle while barton is here.

iv'e only heard of silvestre cos he is diabo's pal other than him iv'e heard of no one else what names have you heard.

Does the time he did over Xmas awaiting trial count towards the six months?

Yes, it counts as double so he's already got 2 weeks wiped off.

Since when?

It always has hasn't it?

Since when?

It always has hasn't it?

Not as far as I know.

Guest Mucky01

I aint no legal eagle but I believe time served while on remand is always taken off your sentence given.

Since when?

It always has hasn't it?

Not as far as I know.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: i did'nt see any sun campaigns to rid the game of kung fu cantana either

You weren't looking very hard then. The widespread media opinion was that he should be banned for life. It's the standard morally outraged, self-righteous option for this kind of thing.

I can't believe his cousin got 6 months suspended for throwing food at someone.  :undecided: