Relegation Fodder

Fatwax

Now that the season is approaching a thankful end and it looks like we'll be safe (knock on wood), it's becoming apparent that it's fairly clear who will be going down - Bolton, Fulham and Derby.

I saw an article saying that Diouf had told Bolton's fans that he'd be leaving the Reebok at the end of the season if they stayed up or not and this got me thinking - are there any players from the bottom 3 that you'd like to have here at St. James Park next season?

Strangely at the beginning of the season there were a few players that I thought I'd take from maybe Bolton, but since Keegan has taken control again my expectations of future signings has been higher, even though we have had a very disappointing campaign.

Guest MagicNumber9

Nobody that would go straight in the first team, but loads of squad players, Giles Barnes for a start...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Giles Barnes, maybe that Omozusi kid from Fulham as back up.

No thanks, contributed to the only thing Alan Smith has done in a b&w strip

Giles Barnes, maybe that Omozusi kid from Fulham as back up.

No thanks, contributed to the only thing Alan Smith has done in a b&w strip

He had a good game apart from the penalty, i was quite impressed.

We need an immensely talented, enigmatic underperformer on the cheap, iyam. Keegan can mould them into a matchwinner that this board will verbally malign during his tenure at the club, but who will nonetheless underpin the creativity for our strikeforce on a consistent basis. :razz:

I'm not sure. I think we should concentrate on getting in quality players who can make a difference.

However Barnes is worth a look at for his ability in the future. The lads got something, it needs someone to unleash it.

Bullard is a good player, but he's a London lad and won't be leaving again, and i'd only take him as squad filler, which at his age and after that injury is exactly where he doesn't want to be.

Jussi still on a free? Might be worth it to challenge Given, hopefully it brings out the best in him next season.

But really that's about it.

What do people think about Antti Niemi at Fulham? Is he better or worse than Jussi at Bolton?

Plenty of decent hard working squad players in those squads, but not really anyone who could immediately improve our starting XI.

This is how we've thought in the past and I don't think its got us very far. "If we could just get a few bargain deals then they may just come off".........well I think its times to forget the bargain basement this summer and go out to buy some real talent thats shining today and tomorrow, rather than having shone briefly in the past.

I'm all for getting decent players from anywhere this summer, as long we get some truly exciting signings too. I'm not meaning trophy signings exactly, just players who answer their critics regularly and don't rely on the odd good performance. Consistent, intelligent and talented....but then again, most clubs want the same  :smug:

The only Bolton player i've been impressed with this season belongs to Liverpool.

Danny Guthrie? No goals and no assists! Oooh yes please. Steinsson and Cahill are both cracking players imo and would be good acquisitions. Only those two from the three relegated teams would be worth a punt. 

Our squad is full of average to good players, we don't need any more of them just real quality players.

I think Martins is quality tbh.

As do I. I didn't mean the whole squad but the majority.

The only Bolton player i've been impressed with this season belongs to Liverpool.

Danny Guthrie? No goals and no assists! Oooh yes please.

He scored on his debut for them and looks like a young lad with plenty of potential, I've been more impressed with him than I have with Giles Barnes at this level, he also looked quality when he was on loan at Southampton, Benitez has spoken about how highly he rates him so I'm not sure if he'd be available anyway.

Perhaps I'm doing the wrong thing though, I might be better off not rating a player from what I've seen of him with my own eye's but how many points he'd earn me in my fantasy football team from what it says in Sky Sports website.

Danny Guthrie? No goals and no assists! Oooh yes please.

He scored on his debut for them and looks like a young lad with plenty of potential, I've been more impressed with him than I have with Giles Barnes at this level, he also looked quality when he was on loan at Southampton, Benitez has spoken about how highly he rates him so I'm not sure if he'd be available anyway.

Perhaps I'm doing the wrong thing though, I might be better off not rating a player from what I've seen of him with my own eye's but how many points he'd earn me in my fantasy football team from what it says in Sky Sports website.

My apologies. He scored in the Carling Cup. My best mate is a Bolton fan like. Watched them countless times. The Bolton fans wouldn't even take him on. He's almost the definition of an average midfield player. Not a great passer, not physically good, doesn't score goals, doesn't break up play. Generally does nothing. If u saw him play in the first division then fair enough. Maybe thats his level. In the Premier League, he's not up to much.