Champions League QF (second legs)

SUPERTOON

----------------------Reina

Finnan---Carragher---Agger---Arbeloa

Pennant---Alonso---Mascherano---Babel

--------------Crouch---Kuyt

Nothing there scares me.

Right now the bolds would get in our team. And our team i bet scares a few these days.

Don't think Babel, Crouch or Pennant would start assuming we played our current formation, which plays to our strengths. I'd have their centre backs, our strikers and probably Barton in midfield with Alonso and Mascherano.

just find it strange that people in here hate Liverpool so much.

As a Liverpool fan I don't think the football we play is too bad, think of the amount of exciting games we've been involved in recently. Perhaps your opinion is too heavily influenced by the media, or idiots like johann Cruyff who only describe things in extreme, and don't try and tell me that Newcastle are currently playing better football than Liverpool are, coz well that simply ain't true.

Newcastle are currently playing better football than Liverpool.

Newcastle are a Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard away from being in the top 6.

Take those 2 away from Liverpool and they're nothing but a mid-table team.

just find it strange that people in here hate Liverpool so much.

As a Liverpool fan I don't think the football we play is too bad, think of the amount of exciting games we've been involved in recently. Perhaps your opinion is too heavily influenced by the media, or idiots like johann Cruyff who only describe things in extreme, and don't try and tell me that Newcastle are currently playing better football than Liverpool are, coz well that simply ain't true.

Newcastle are currently playing better football than Liverpool.

Newcastle are a Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard away from being in the top 6.

Take those 2 away from Liverpool and they're nothing but a mid-table team.

I think that's a ridiculous thing to say tbf.

:lol: Aye, gan canny.

Only Beye, Owen and Martins would come close to getting in Liverpool's team. Perhaps Enrique given time.

None of them would get in the tean to be fair, our first eleven contains only one striker, except yesterday of course.

Liverpool/Man Utd final, hopefully. I know most can't stand either of them, but that would be some fantastic fucking viewing if it did happen. Man Utd to win it.

Liverpool/Man Utd final, hopefully. I know most can't stand either of them, but that would be some fantastic fucking viewing if it did happen. Man Utd to win it.

Hoping Barcelona win the thing tbh. I'm dreading the prospect of a Man Utd v Liverpool final almost as much as Uefa.

And I'll probably get lambasted but Kuyt is a good player too imo. He'd be a great foil for Martins and/or Owen imo.

Hoping Barcelona win the thing tbh. I'm dreading the prospect of a Man Utd v Liverpool final almost as much as Uefa.

Only know one Liverpool fan and one Man Utd fan, both of them are cracking lads and never give any jip at all. Proper fans an' all, so I wouldn't suffer too much if it did come down to that.

Barcelona can get to fuck, hated them for years.

Guest evertoniansrmongs

They won the CL without Torres tbf.

I actually think they had better players than they have now, bar Torres.

whaT rubbish

whaT rubbish

Well Finnan was fit, and playing. Hyypia was better 3 years ago than he is now. Carragher was playing in his favoured position. Riise was on form, Gerrard and Alonso were still in the team (Gerrard being on fire that year) and Luis Garcia is one player I feel you've missed this season.

The team which beat Arsenal last night, without Torres, would have lost to the 2005 team IMO

whaT rubbish

Well Finnan was fit, and playing. Hyypia was better 3 years ago than he is now. Carragher was playing in his favoured position. Riise was on form, Gerrard and Alonso were still in the team (Gerrard being on fire that year) and Luis Garcia is one player I feel you've missed this season.

The team which beat Arsenal last night, without Torres, would have lost to the 2005 team IMO

What you say about the individual players is not wrong, but let's not forget that side contained Traore. Babel is a much better winger than Riise, too. We miss Garcia, though.

And I'll probably get lambasted but Kuyt is a good player too imo. He'd be a great foil for Martins and/or Owen imo.

I agree. He really gives 110% every game and his energy pays off for other people in the team. If he started to find the net a bit more he would be an excellent player.

Mascherano is a top player and I would take Kuyt as well as he would be great behind a front two, Carragher is a no brainer - the rest I wouldn't be totally fussed about.  Maybe Crouch as well.

Mascherano is a top player and I would take Kuyt as well as he would be great behind a front two, Carragher is a no brainer - the rest I wouldn't be totally fussed about.  Maybe Crouch as well.

Rubbish. Kuyt is shite. He's a striker who can't score ffs. He works hard and can sometimes contribute to the overall game that Liverpool plays but what a waste of £10m for them, eh?

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Slightly related to this thread but i noticed Liverpool fans were singing our Adebayor song last night, as indeed were you lot after you beat us a few weeks back. I have to say, I am both amused and slightly dismayed that song has gone from being sung by a minority of spurs fans to thousands singing it at whl and then it being sung at other prem. grounds.  :lol: