Champions League QF (second legs)

SUPERTOON

Guest marsai

Biggest bunch of jammy twats...still Torres goal, pure class...

Look at Senderos, i know some dingos that would react better than that.

Torres placed his shot well, but surely a decent defender would at least try to block that.

Just to echo Apisiths sentiments, Walcotts run and lay off was of world class proportions and sadly will probably get overlooked.

Just utter magic piece of skill and can imagine what must have beengoing through his head because he was most likely still trying to get his breath back when they conceded the penalty.

The lad didnt deserve that. That's when any luck being dished out more often than not tends to go Liverpool's way. That kind of play deserved to go through to the semi's

(mind so did Torres's that cant be overlooked - marvellous)

I've just seen the replay of Walcott's run (again and again). Skinned 5 players before that perfect layoff. Top class. So unexpected but motherfuckingly awesome.

A great run, but nothing unbelivable. Two very bad attempted tackles.

That run and assist by Walcott was simply awesome. Feel really bad for him, they just switched off for a minute and they'd lost it.

Edit - Keefaz. :laugh:

It was brilliant iyam.

:-[

I love Arsenal, I love Wenger, I love everything* about Arsenal.

I think football lost tonight :(

LIverpool played "the game" better

but Arsenal played the football better

Unfortunately, as many people predicted, me not being one of them, we are looking back to them two key moments from the home leg, (Bendtner + Kuyt penalty)

Positves: Theo, he needs to be starting

If Arsene Wenger doesnt intend on starting him at every fit moment he needs to sell because he clearly doesnt see his ability, how can eboue start ahead of him?

Now, i hope Thierry gets his wish and wins the champions league :(

*couple of diminutive things aside

Walcott's goal was class. He's a very good player. Liverpool were superior tonight though. Torres showed again how class he is, the midfield completely destroyed Arsenal in the second half. Benitez got the game spot on imo.

I've just seen the replay of Walcott's run (again and again). Skinned 5 players before that perfect layoff. Top class. So unexpected but motherfuckingly awesome.

Aye he's no Milner like :)

Not been Chelsea's best season so far but maybe this will be the year they do it? I'd say they've been favourites for both the ties against Liverpool that they've lost but this time I'd make them underdogs because of how good Liverpool are in Europe. Come on Chelsea.

Walcott's goal was class. He's a very good player. Liverpool were superior tonight though. Torres showed again how class he is, the midfield completely destroyed Arsenal in the second half. Benitez got the game spot on imo.

So why did they have to win by a flukey pen?

Aye he's no Milner like :)

You know what I mean. I thought it was run of the century on first viewing, but like a lot of these head-down, run fast jobbies they end up looking better because of poor challenges. A great run, though, don't get me wrong.

Would be very ironic if Avram Grant manages to overcome Liverpool in a Champions League Semi Final when The Special One failed twice

Will be a very tense 2 games but wont have the end to end football that this tie had.

Did Gerrard play tonight or did he just come on as a kind of "Special Team" player when he needed to take the penalty ? Seemed to have aquiet nice for once

Nothing less than they deserved.

Guest marsai

Come one, Benitez had it all covered. I thought i saw his crystal ball for a second even.

Unfortunately, as many people predicted, me not being one of them, we are looking back to them two key moments from the home leg, (Bendtner + Kuyt penalty)

If Arsene Wenger doesnt intend on starting him at every fit moment he needs to sell because he clearly doesnt see his ability, how can eboue start ahead of him?

Thought Arsenal were excellent up until Hyypia's goal. After that it was mostly Liverpool and I think they deservedly won tonight, with a slice of fortune too mind.

I disagree with you about Walcott actually. I think he's a great talent but surely that pace is more effective against tired defenders carrying yellow cards later on in the game? He'd get lumps kicked out of him early on if he started imo, think Wenger's being sensible.

How s*** is Adebayor's first touch btw? I thought he had improved it but at least for tonight, it was f****** dogshit.

That sitter he missed was ridiculous, easiest chance for either team over the two legs.

:weep:

Would be very ironic if Avram Grant manages to overcome Liverpool in a Champions League Semi Final when The Special One failed twice

Will be a very tense 2 games but wont have the end to end football that this tie had.

Did Gerrard play tonight or did he just come on as a kind of "Special Team" player when he needed to take the penalty ? Seemed to have aquiet nice for once

Missed a couple of long shots (that I would have probably creamed over, tbf) but wasn't that involved in the general play that much. Kuyt had a good game, but Mascherano and their defence really shone after about 20 minutes in.