Beye today...

Willow

I've seen him play for a few years now, and when we signed him I was ecstatic. It's taken him a bit of time to settle in, but today he has given a brilliant all-round performance.

I'm chuffed, especially considering my name is devoted to him.

Beye and Enrique were absolutely fucking outstanding. If Beye was a few years younger then we'd have the best left and wing back partnership in my time as a Newcastle fan sorted for the next few seasons.

Edgar was a little shaky but thats to be expected. He did well.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Where does he rank in the league as far as his position?  Not sure he's consistently as good as Evra, but certainly Beye has moments where he's bossing the flow of the match.  I'd call him better than Clichy and certainly any of the Liverpool players, but I'm interested as to what others think.

Beye and Enrique were absolutely fucking outstanding. If Beye was a few years younger then we'd have the best left and wing back partnership in my time as a Newcastle fan sorted for the next few seasons.

I agree, they both look outstanding to me. Beye could keep going for a couple of seasons yet.

Where does he rank in the league as far as his position?  Not sure he's consistently as good as Evra, but certainly Beye has moments where he's bossing the flow of the match.  I'd call him better than Clichy and certainly any of the Liverpool players, but I'm interested as to what others think.

Right back is probably the weakest position in the prem player wise so I'd think he's pretty high.

I agree, they both look outstanding to me. Beye could keep going for a couple of seasons yet.

Absolutely, we're sorted for next season at least.

Didn't Keegan say in the interview about Enrique that only Taylor in the back 4 speaks English?

Yeah. I'm guessing he meant fluently.

Maybe he means as in mother tongue.

Evra and Clichy are both leftbacks. Get your bearings straight man!

Great performance, but considering this was at home to Reading...

In terms of the best right back in the league, Chimbonda is considerably better imo, Sagna is probably the best in the league right now, and G.Neville would still be up there were he fit.

With Carr being as shit as he is, I hope Keegan decides to invest some money on a young RB to back up and hopefully learn from Beye next season. Investment for the future and beefing up the squad as well, even though I rate Beye and think he's been one of the bright sparks this season.