Deco & if not him then it is Joao Moutinho

Thespence

I know, I posted as you were posting. So sorry if it was a little late  O0

Heh. That's alright.

MY point with Martins was more towards coming from a bigger club opposed to the pay day idea.

Can see how it came across though, so fair play.

£15m for Deco?

Would rather we tried for Arshavin. Deco is too one dimensional for me, don't think he'd cut the mustard in the Premiership.

Too one dimensional? Ignoring that fact that you cannot really be 'too' or 'not really' one dimensional, wtf?! He might be on the way down but his game has never depended on pace/power. He's one of those playmakers who will excel for 5+ years because he can always keep the ball and is a damn good passer - one of the best in the world in fact - which is why he's been successful in so many competitions/leagues (including internationally). He's also a highly talented set piece taker and I don't think you need much pace/strength to be good at those. I think an apt comparison for someone who's been a success in this way in the Premiership would be Tugay - has always been fucking old but his skill set was always something else to begin with and therefore never really suffered from a physical decline.

I'm not sure if he's worth £15m and £100k/week but 'too dimensional', seriously, wtf?

Something like a 4 year deal, £12m and we'd be laughing all the way to the bank when he fires us into the top 6 next season.

Put it this way, I think he'd start for almost every team in the Premiership right now. Ignoring Fergie's rotation policy, he'd get a start at Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. So if we do sign him, it'll be one of the biggest and most important signings in recent history.

People are under estimating just how good Deco is.

I'd normally have a policy about not buying anyone over 29/30 but we could make an exception for Deco because he is an exceptional player.

Is Moutinho their captain btw? If he is, last time i saw him play i was very impressed.

If we signed Deco I would like to see him and Emre have a fight to the death. There can only be one midget attacking midfielder in the team. Emre would probably win since he's a turk though.

If we signed Deco I would like to see him and Emre have a fight to the death. There can only be one midget attacking midfielder in the team. Emre would probably win since he's a turk though.

Us Turks are nails like.

Us Turks are nails like.

Only due to using kebab knives.

He's still young-ish

He is about the same age as the Yak, not really sure how old that makes him though.

Exactly :lol: I wasn't prepared to go the whole hog and call him a young lad.

£15m for Deco?

Nah, he is too old to command that fee.  He may not even adapt to this league well, surely there are better transfer targets with a more sensible fee?

I'd take Deco if it was £6m we were talking about, but £15m no way.

He's still young-ish

He is about the same age as the Yak, not really sure how old that makes him though.

Is Moyes in the clear for questioning Yaks age?

He's still young-ish

Is this Yakubu's real age or Nigerian passport age?

for deco I'd spend about £8m max, excellent player but very prone to diving and whinging so the EPL may be difficult to adapt. He's 30 which wouldn't gurantee a long future so if you're spending £15m on him you'd at least want about 5 years worth of service imo

for deco I'd spend about £8m max, excellent player but very prone to diving and whinging so the EPL may be difficult to adapt. He's 30 which wouldn't gurantee a long future so if you're spending £15m on him you'd at least want about 5 years worth of service imo

Agreed...

Sportin CP must have mint youth facilities. Producing talents like Ronaldo, Nani, Miguel Veloso and Joao Moutinho

Not sure if the facilities are the main factor, they get the best youngster in Portugal because they are the biggest club in Portugal.

Don't forget the "Don't sign anyone from a club where we have signed a player who didn't work out" rule though.

oh i thought it was the 'dont sign anyone from a club with a better team than ours' rule. i think this needs clarification just so we're all sure.