Chris Hughton new Coach?the real reason behind recent success?

Guest GLENEAGLE

Guest GLENEAGLE

it has been said that officially, Keegan and McDermott are not "coaches" as such. Since Chris Hughton has arrived as our coach, does anyone agree that he must be partially the reason why we have been doing so well in the last 4 matches?? even when we lost to blackburn at home, we played some good stuff too. whats your views??

The Coach IS important - Fazackerly got much praise from KK when he was manager in his first spell and Kk also took him to Man C(he is still there, I believe), so it is possible that Hughton has made a difference.

It is probably a combination of several things - KK's preferred pass/move game, players being fit for longer,

new attitude from coaching staff, and at this time, the pressure of getting a win being removed.

We've been getting better for a while before we actually started winning, even in the games where we ended up getting our arses kicked, we were playing better for longer, each time before crumbling when something went wrong. Some of us were able to see this at the time and resisted the urge to declare "the end of the world is nigh", that we're winning now is only a surprise to those who tend to flit from ecstasy to agony or vice versa in one go without spending any time living in the reality that exists somewhere in between. Hughton might have helped, but it's been coming for some time now.

[/loving the chance to say "I told you so" :p ]

It's took Keegan a while to get the squad fit. I think it's as simple as that. Obviously a fitter squad can play Keegans game more effectively.

Ok who hacked Crumpys account? Surely there should be an extra paragraph in there like "Keegan is still a retard who will get us relegated next season and Beye is probably the worst right back we have ever had!"

:razz:

It's took Keegan a while to get the squad fit. I think it's as simple as that. Obviously a fitter squad can play Keegans game more effectively.

Yeah, Allardyce didn't do any high-intensity training apparently.

Of course it's nothing to do with KK's tactics, just the training.

[/sweeping generalization]

Guest michaelfoster

Good thing with the coaching staff is we have

Keegan - manager who's theory is attack, attack, attack

Hughton - ex defender

Round - ex defender

McDermott - man manager & mr motivator

Guest michaelfoster

Hughton - ex defender

Round - ex defender

McDermott - man manager & mr motivator

You having a laugh?

Well thats apparently his role, otherwise he's a pretty sh*t coach.

Hughton - ex defender

Round - ex defender

McDermott - bookies runner / tab seller

Too much emphasis is placed on individual coaching staff if you ask me. No reason to think Hughton's not doing a canny job but I reckon a formation change, two of our best players returning, two of our worst players being dropped, a new mentality, fitter players, a settled side and bagfuls of returning confidence can't have done much harm either.

It's not like anyone even knows what he does. I remember we kept a couple of clean sheets under Roeder and everyone was bumming Pearson's "defensive coaching". Problem is that when we go on a bad run, it's turned round and suddenly it's Hughton's fault. Remember the stick John Carver got? :jesuswept: