Portsmouth v Newcastle - April Sat 12 @ 17:15

Skirge

A bit gutted by that tbh. Was convinced he'd play some role today.

Maybe stating the obvious here but he has no role whilst we have a 433 formation.

I think he'd be decent as a substitute for Owen or Martins if they get injured, perhaps even the best we've got. He has pace, tecnhique and is capable of scoring a goal. On our bench we have Smith and Carrol, who could both offer what Viduka offers (holding the ball up, only less well), but noone with pace to bring on. Also in midfield we only have Smith and Duff to bring on. I happen to think Zog would be a better bet in midfield than those two, even in a 3 man midfield.

Zog has no football brain whats so ever. you need an end product. zog not even look up when he is running.

No end product..? Sigh.. He was our top scorer at one point in the season ffs, and that was playing at left back. Also, he's our only decent crosser of the ball.. A lot of great dribblers look at the ball most of the time and only look up occasionally. Doesn't mean they don't know what's going on around them/run around like a headless chicken..

A bit gutted by that tbh. Was convinced he'd play some role today.

Maybe stating the obvious here but he has no role whilst we have a 433 formation.

Why's Duff on the bench instead of him then when they both play in the same position?

Duff is more hard working and has played in a 433 formation before...? Maybe i dunno.

Zog is an out and out winger.

Zog's put in some solid CM performances for us this season though, Duff hasn't.

And if you don't want him in the middle, bring him on for a striker and play him on a flank. Granted you could do the same with Duff but Zog's pace, delivery and ability to beat a man is just so much better than Duff atm.

He played well in CM against Stoke, looks lost playing there against Premiership sides.

He is not injured. FAce the fact. He is not good enough and he don´t want to be here.

I'd rather see N'Zogbia coming off the bench than Duff, Duff isn't good enough and doesn't look like regaining the form that he had at Blackburn, that fact that he might want to be here is matterless as he's not good enough on current form, by current form I mean since he joined us.

As much as I dislike Duff (and N'Zogbia is ten times the player Duff is), I'd rather have someone on the bench who's willing to do his bit than someone who's head is clearly turned. Oh well.

I agree with you somewhat but Zog could be a class player imo and it would be in our best interest to hold onto him. By not playing the lad it seems we're just pushing him further out the door in my eyes. KK might have something in my sleeve though, I dunno.

Duff wants to play for us Zoggy does'nt, who is better does not matter anymore.

Who is better should matter and if we really want to keep N'Zogbia then pissing him off isn't likely to change his opinion about wanting to leave.

I agree to an extent, but isn't it Keegan's job to motivate the players/make them want to play for us. He has only recently signed a new contract ffs, so his heart must have been into it not long ago. I can't help but feel people wouldn't be so laid back about possibly losing one of our brightest prospects if this was Allardyce instead of Keegan pulling the strings..

Zog can be good sure. But he is NOT as good as people think he is. He is not a teamplayer. He don´t want to be here and to be fare. we have been see it coming for a long time.

Zog is fare overrated. still belive he can be good. but he will never be it here and he don´t seems to have the spirit to be it here.

I agree to an extent, but isn't it Keegan's job to motivate the players/make them want to play for us. He has only recently signed a new contract ffs, so his heart must have been into it not long ago. I can't help but feel people wouldn't be so laid back about possibly losing one of our brightest prospects if this was Allardyce instead of Keegan pulling the strings..

That and winning a few games, of course.

I'll be gutted if he goes, but it's not the end of the world.

Before Keegan arrived I felt that if Zog had gone I would have been gutted. Now that Keegan is here I'm not all that bothered.

Not sure why this is, I guess I just have faith in the man. Something I didn't really have with previous managers.

Zog can be good sure. But he is NOT as good as people think he is. He is not a teamplayer. He don´t want to be here and to be fare. we have been see it coming for a long time.

Zog is fare overrated. still belive he can be good. but he will never be it here and he don´t seems to have the spirit to be it here.

Lose the goals scored by N'Zogbia this season and we're three points worse off, do the same with Duff and we still have 38 points.

KK on N'Zog (Newcastle Journal):

“What we’ve got at this club now are 16, 17 players who are totally committed as a pack to taking this club forward and Charles has just got to come into it a little bit more, in all honesty,” “I think he’s been told that by the other players.”

“The players and myself would like to keep him here because they know he can be a tremendous asset. But he’s got to be fully, fully, fully committed to Newcastle United and I think he might decide to do that. He may not but I hope he does.”

“When I first came in there were eight days left of the transfer window. Charles and his agent wanted to move him out and I wouldn’t allow that.”

“Having said that, I said if he did his best until the end of the season and felt the same way, I would let him go. But it would be on our terms, he’s got three years left here.”

“I had a chat with him on Friday. His training in the last week has been the best since I’ve been here,”

“If he can learn to be a team player with his individual skill, he will be a hell of an asset and I would like that club to be Newcastle United. But he has got to come into the team and he knows that too. I’m not saying anything to you I haven’t said to him.”

True but if you do the same with Faye and you'll get the same result.  I'm not saying duff should play.  I'm just saying it's a pointless statistic.  Yes Faye is a cb and Duff should score more but Duff has had a career threatening injury this season which Zog hasn't.  Ship Zog out..... He doesn't want to be here, you can tell by the way he plays.

Lose the goals scored by N'Zogbia this season and we're three points worse off, do the same with Duff and we still have 38 points.

True but if you do the same with Faye and you'll get the same result.  I'm not saying duff should play.  I'm just saying it's a pointless statistic.  Yes Faye is a cb and Duff should score more but Duff has had a career threatening injury this season which Zog hasn't.  Ship Zog out..... He doesn't want to be here, you can tell by the way he plays.

True but I went like for like, you could have used Harper instead of Faye.   :lol: