Talks: Summer transfer forum proposal - from page 7

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proposal for the following, as I'm getting annoyed by the rumours already and it's not even the end of the season yet. Add in Keegan and the prospect of Ashley splashing the cash and it'll be all-out bullshit for months.

The plan would be this:

• A separate forum for all rumours and shit, like the awards one we had. It would be opened for business shortly.
  • Any rumours could be posted, but the regular merging etc rules apply. Thread titles could be updated as normal.
  • One or two threads for other clubs' summer transfer rumours would be alright.
  • When a move is fully completed, the rumour thread(s) would be closed and a proper thread made in the NUFC forum to allow discussion. The means people who can't be arsed with rumours get to see actual transfers and can discuss them without trawling through pages of 'links' and updates. Same with any other clubs' actual moves of note.
  • The forum would be binned at the end of the transfer window.

Simple question to take into account all of the above; do you want it?

Disclamer - we might do this anyway. I'm only asking to be nice.

You'll be moving new rumour threads all day long.

Just create a weekly rumour thread like you do for matchday, then it gets to tail off or closed at the end of each week.

All rumours go in and when something actually happens, something official, start a new thread for that deal.

Just create a weekly rumour thread like you do for matchday, then it gets to tail off or closed at the end of each week.

All rumours go in and when something actually happens, something official start a new thread for that deal.

That's a decent idea.

Guest Petay

What is the point of a football forum in the off season if not to talk over the various people we are linked with, you don't have to read it.

All rumours go in and when something actually happens, something official, start a new thread for that deal.

But rumours don't end after ninety minutes, or even a week. If they're all mixed in with each other then it becomes really tedious keeping up with developments in the one particular rumour that you're interested in. Time seems to be just about the worst thing to organise them with, to me anyway.

But rumours don't end after ninety minutes, or even a week. If they're all mixed in with each other then it becomes really tedious keeping up with developments in the one particular rumour that you're interested in. Time seems to be just about the worst thing to organise them with, to me anyway.

If that rumour develops in any sort of way then surely it will stay at the forefront of the rumour thread??

If that rumour develops in any sort of way then surely it will stay at the forefront of the rumour thread??

Exactly.

Rumours are rumours, they stay in the rumour thread that week and any developments or updates go into which ever week it is.

If it comes something serious a new thread is made for that actual transfer.

It doesn't seem that difficult to me to maintain, i'm sure James would love to deal with it no probs.

Exactly.

Rumours are rumours, they stay in the rumour thread that week and any developments or updates go into which ever week it is.

If it comes something serious a new thread is made for that actual transfer.

It doesn't seem that difficult to me to maintain, i'm sure James would love to deal with it no probs.

:laugh:

Yeah, i think so. When i come in here during the evening i generally like to catch up on all the threads that are on the go. It's a slight irritance when half of that time is catching up on people saying we should put a cheeky £5m bid in for Ronaldo. Transfer forum ftw.