Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought Taylor had a very solid game today, I didnt particularly notice him today but I think that is a good thing because he just played it simple and got on with his job. As is the case with most of our players, he's been a lot better recently.

One slip us where he pulled out of a header thinking Harper would get it only for Jones to bring it under control, Faye was with him though and forced him away from goal.

You should expect a quite day when two defenders are up against one striker who got little support from his midfield.

Guest Knightrider

One slip us where he pulled out of a header thinking Harper would get it only for Jones to bring it under control, Faye was with him though and forced him away from goal.

You should expect a quite day when two defenders are up against one striker who got little support from his midfield.

Maybe Harper gave him a shout. I've seen Taylor and us wilt under less pressure man. He played well, credit where credit is due.

Maybe Harper gave him a shout. I've seen Taylor and us wilt under less pressure man. He played well, credit where credit is due.

They played well when called upon but they were hardly tested, it was a quite day at the office for the pair of them.

They played well when called upon but they were hardly tested, it was a quite day at the office for the pair of them.

Praise  indeed   almost ;)

Praise  indeed   almost ;)

Not that i want to sound like a Taylor basher but i didnt think he had much to do, Faye took care of Jones today and they were hardly putting too much pressure on us.

Will save my proper judgement for when we are under the cosh a little and actually have to defend.

some people will jump on the slightest thing.

Taylor lately has started performing more like he can due to playing in a better team and with a settled back four. Its not rocket science but it must be killing to admit it  bluelaugh.gif

Harper also didn't have much to do, but what he did he did excellently, and not just his 2nd half save today, his handling and shot stopping has been excellent. He hasn't spilled anything and not made a mistake at all.

And Jones is a real handful, I like him even more now I've seen him play live.

Not that i want to sound like a Taylor basher but i didnt think he had much to do, Faye took care of Jones today and they were hardly putting too much pressure on us.

Will save my proper judgement for when we are under the cosh a little and actually have to defend.

I think you're giving too much of the credit to Faye, Taylor cut a lot of balls out which were heading in the direction of Jones.

Guest Knightrider

Faye worried me more today than Taylor. I like Faye and he's done well since he joined but like Taylor, I don't think he's the real answer either. If we are to play either of them though, they both need a reader alongside them as they are both attacking type defenders who like to charge, attack the ball, get physical and so on, we need a bit of balance back there. They are both doing well though, as is the whole team.

Taylor lately has started performing more like he can due to playing in a better team and with a settled back four. Its not rocket science but it must be killing to admit it  bluelaugh.gif

Harper also didn't have much to do, but what he did he did excellently, and not just his 2nd half save today, his handling and shot stopping has been excellent. He hasn't spilled anything and not made a mistake at all.

It will be killing several people on here.

Nobody has denied he's playing better so I'm guessing you're making stuff up like Internet trolls do.

Harper's kicking today was shocking, twice today that I remember he just kicked it out for a throw on the halfway line, great reflex save near the end though.

Nobody has denied he's playing better so I'm guessing you're making stuff up like Internet trolls do.

Harper's kicking today was shocking, twice today that I remember he just kicked it out for a throw on the halfway line, great reflex save near the end though.

Aye his kicking was dreadful, he came for (& collected) a few balls that Given wouldn't have come for today as well though.  First time in ages we've had a fully fit, settled back four & there'll starting to play as a unit as a result, particularly Faye & Enrique when tidying up.

Aye his kicking was dreadful, he came for (& collected) a few balls that Given wouldn't have come for today as well though.  First time in ages we've had a fully fit, settled back four & there'll starting to play as a unit as a result, particularly Faye & Enrique when tidying up.

One thing we've missed when Given played was having a keeper who was dominant in the air and came out to meet crosses.

Cost us a lot of goals in the past even if Given did make up for it by being a World class shot stopper.

aye, it was fairly clear that I was talking about his overrall performance since he came into the team, and his general goal keeping, including his control of his 6 yard box where I agree with you, rather than specifically his kicking today. These trolls that make things up eh  bluelaugh.gif

Re this thread........as said, nice to see Taylor is settling down and performing better, which was bound to happen IMO

I think you're giving too much of the credit to Faye, Taylor cut a lot of balls out which were heading in the direction of Jones.

Like i say, not looking to be a Taylor basher,  i just didnt see anything from either of a centre halves that looked anyhing like a great challenge, although handling Jones was a bit of one for Faye. (There is no way Keegan would of let Taylor take care of Jones).

Today just wasnt a game to judge the quality of our centre halves, would i be wrong in saying people think we are conceeding less because the defence is playing better, becauseid disagree with that and say we are conceeding less because we are having to defend less....

Played well again in fairness. The whole back four have done well for the last 5 or 6 games. Playing the same four players there can only have helped. Having Harper in has played its part too imo.

• 4 months later...