Allardyce Will Always Be Remembered For...

Crumpy Gunt

Underachieving Signings.

When they played for him maybe but Barton, Enrique, Viduka, Beye and Faye cant really be classed as underachievers at the moment.

Well exactly. Five of his signings started yesterday, and one came on as a sub. He didn't spend a lot of money compared with our competitors, but overall he spent well. The only one IMO who turned out to be an outright mistake was Rozenhal.

Please don't start on me with Smith. Let's just say opinions differ.

To be fair, the Derby away game had a lot to do with Owen and Shola's non-performance.

Who picked Shola ahead of Martins?

We also sat back for long periods and that gave them the bottle to come at us.

The Derby players and fans had no confidence, the longer the game went on with us sitting back the louder the Derby fans got and the more they came at us.  Allardyce tried to contain a s*** team and it back-fired, that was a habit that he also repeated at Reading and Wigan, no excuses, he was s**** while here.

To be fair, the Derby away game had a lot to do with Owen and Shola's non-performance.

Who picked Shola ahead of Martins?

We also sat back for long periods and that gave them the bottle to come at us?

The Derby players and fans had no confidence, the longer the game went on with us sitting back the louder the Derby fans got and the more they came at us.  Allardyce tried to contain a shit team and it back-fired, that was a habit that he also repeated at Reading and Wigan, no excuses, he was shite while here.

Makes me shudder to think of the Reading prematch interview when he said, while openly, that he was looking for a 0-0 (cant temember his wording exactly)

Guest Phil K

To me, Allardyce will always be remembered for: Trying! & Promising to turn the club around in atleast 3 years(but not given the time to).

Don't be daft.

It doesn't take 3 years to see what a mess he was making. Even blind people could see that !

And I agree with the vast majority about one thing - that damn fool will always be remembered as the manager who lost 4 points to the worst premier team in history.

I can't really remember what Owen was like in that game, but I remember Ameobi looked like he was on smack.

Irks me to no end that we look likely to be Derby's ONLY win this season. f****** disgraceful. Still, what's done is done, and at least we got a few decent players to remember Big Sam's time here by...

but in years to come that will be the final question on who wants to be a billionaire (years to come...inflation and all that) and i'll smile slyly at the camera, a knowing wink to all NUFC fans and say "listen chris, don't even read me my options, i'm well aware of the answer and it was all down to that cunt allardyce. the answer is newcastle united and for your information they should have won at SJP aswell"

Irks me to no end that we look likely to be Derby's ONLY win this season. f****** disgraceful. Still, what's done is done, and at least we got a few decent players to remember Big Sam's time here by...

Same with the derby game as well. Going to the Stadium of Light and dropping players like Beye & Geremi because he wanted players who knew what it was all about...even though they've both played in far bigger games, and then playing Smith just in front of the back four to man-mark Kenwyne Jones. F*cking hell.

Guest Knightrider

For getting the sack of only 21 games which even by our standards is ridiculous. Still, things will work out well for us with KK.

For getting the sack of only 21 games which even by our standards is ridiculous. Still, things will work out well for us with KK.

Nobody knows for sure what would have happened if he'd stayed, I think we'd have gone down.  I wasn't calling for his head but I think it was the right thing to do at the wrong time which we've got away with.

I think we're in much better hands now that we've got Keegan.

Guest sittingontheball

Aye, those games were shocking. Especially the first one because Derby were getting tonked every week but we went out to defend.

Didn't Houllier's Liverpool give Sunderland four points the first time the Mackems got a record low tally?

Guest Knightrider

Nobody knows for sure what would have happened if he'd stayed, I think we'd have gone down.  I wasn't calling for his head but I think it was the right thing to do at the wrong time which we've got away with.

I think we're in much better hands now that we've got Keegan.

I think we are in better hands too, but I still believe Big Sam would have eventually turned us around in time to become a top 6 club, with some money and time which lets be honest, he didn't get, especially the time. It's all in the past now though.

Guest Stephen927

Playing a winger at full back while his £6m signing sat in the stands twiddling his thumbs.

Persisting with a 4-3-3 with one winger.

Being a big fat headed stupid stubborn bastard.

All the clueless tit had to do was pick up points and show progression, he knew his tactics were not working but he insisted doing it his way, even when EVERYONE was unhappy with it.

We should have sacked him sooner.