Sunday Gossip

Thespence

First in....

Newcastle gaffer Kevin Keegan is also considering a move for the Ibrox No.1 after his first choice, Celtic keeper Artur Boruc, told him he is not interested in joining the Magpies.

The transfer fee would not be a problem for the wealthy Magpies.

Keegan saw McGregor - and his other Gers target Spaniard Carlos Cuellar - in action at the home game against Sporting Lisbon.

Rangers can prepare themselves for bids during the coming months

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/2008/04/13/spurs-order-a-5million-big-mac-78057-20381725/

If the above is true about Boruc, he will be the first Polish person ever to turn graft down in Newcastle.

RIISE'S NEW IN TOON

NEWCASTLE will take advantage of John Arne Riise’s Anfield contract snub with a £5m bid for the Norwegian.

Riise was hoping for a new deal at Liverpool as his current terms run out in 2009.

But Rafa Benitez has shown no intention of opening negotiations leading the out-of-favour left-back to look elsewhere.

The Geordies have already made contact with Riise’s representatives with a view to a summer move and Liverpool won't stand in his way.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/newcastle-targe.html

ARRY EYES CROUCH

PORTSMOUTH are winning a three-way fight for cut-price Peter Crouch.

Newcastle and Villa are also hoping to lure the Liverpool striker in a £6m deal this summer.

Crouch has just a year left of his contract at Anfield, forcing his club to significantly reduce their asking price from the £12m they were quoting a year ago.

Despite being offered a new deal by manager Rafa Benitez, Crouch’s long spell on the sidelines has convinced him he must move on.

Bonus

And former boss Harry Redknapp is the man Crouch most wants to join, having formed a solid working relationship during their Southampton days.

Portsmouth also have the bonus of potential European football if they win the FA Cup.

Pompey tried to recruit Crouch in January, but Liverpool wouldn’t listen to offers as they continued their pursuit of the Champions League.

And although the 27-year-old returned to the starting line-up in spectacular style over the last seven days, his frosty relationship with Benitez has already convinced him to move on.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill is also an admirer of Crouch but is increasingly unlikely to have UEFA Cup football to offer, while Newcastle’s best chance is to outbid their rivals and offer the forward a chance to revive his international partnership with Michael Owen.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/pompey-close-in.html

BOU MAKES KEV CHEER

KEVIN KEEGAN will launch his revolution at Newcastle United in the summer with a £6million offer for Moroccan international Moubarak Boussoufa.

Newcastle boss Keegan is determined to land Anderlecht’s attacking midfielder as he looks to re-shape his squad for next season.

Keegan has sent scouts to watch the 23-year-old in Anderlecht’s last three matches and has received encouraging dossiers on the Dutch-born kid who graduated through the Ajax academy.

Anderlecht paid their record transfer fee of £2.5m to sign Boussoufa from AA Gent in 2006 and he remains under contract for another two years with the Belgian club.

But Anderlecht are aware of Newcastle’s interest and have made it clear they are willing to sell if Keegan will match their £6m valuation

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/toon-want-bouss.html

Why on earth would the team with the two best keepers in the league need a new keeper?  Also Enrique has to be our first choice left back, so Riise would be a poor signing (he'd want to play every game and he's just not that good).  Basically this is the same shit the papers have been banging on about for the last month or so, I wish they'd get some new ideas..

Why on earth would the team with the two best keepers in the league need a new keeper?  Also Enrique has to be our first choice left back, so Riise would be a poor signing (he'd want to play every game and he's just not that good).  Basically this is the same shit the papers have been banging on about for the last month or so, I wish they'd get some new ideas..

:lol: :lol:

Peter Crouch. Do me a favour. No thank you.

seriously? I woud love him here. He gives defenders something tota different to cope with. Dont think he would come here unless we got rid of viduka tho. I reckon he'l join defoe at pompy

Keegan wants 5 quality players in & says "You dont go to Harrods if you haven't got any money. Or if you do, you dont buy anything". Michael Owen re-sigining would be his first big sigining.

He also mentions he would be disappointed if had to convince players to come & says "If they dont know they will quickly do what Obafemi Martins did when  I came -  and go on the Internet and find out who I am"

Source: Sunday Sun (not online yet)

Keegan wants 5 quality players in & says "You dont go to Harrods if you haven't got any money. Or if you do, you dont buy anything". Michael Owen re-sigining would be his first big sigining.

He also mentions he would be disappointed if had to convince players to come & says "If they dont know they will quickly do what Obafemi Martins did when  I came -  and go on the Internet and find out who I am"

:lol:

Peter Crouch. Do me a favour. No thank you.

seriously? I woud love him here. He gives defenders something tota different to cope with. Dont think he would come here unless we got rid of viduka tho. I reckon he'l join defoe at pompy

Yeah.

I think he looks decent playing in liverpools side because of the players alongside him and simply the confidence he gets for playing for a club like liverpool.

I am confident that he will look very very ordinary for which ever team he plays for next

Go KK!

Forgot to mention THE TRANSFER SUMMIT is happening this week.

New target is: Fernando Amorebieta, a 23 year old centre back, who is Venezuelan born & plays for  Athletic Bilbao. He is 6ft 3inch tall. Price is £6 million. We going for him because the Taylor contract talks are not going anywhere.

All very meh rumours.

Sure we've been linked with all of these players before as well.

As usual, I'll wait until I see an interview with Keegan catergorically stating he wants these players before I believe anything.

United’s love for young Spanish star

Apr 13 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE are weighing up a summer move for Athletic Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta.

A United scout ran the rule over the 23-year-old centre-half in Bilbao’s 1-0 home win over Espanyol last Sunday.

Bilbao boast the joint best defensive record in La Liga this season, with Amorebieta (pictured) receiving rave reviews and admiring glances from several bigger Spanish clubs.

But unless Barcelona and Real Madrid join the bidding, he is expected to end up in the Premier League before the start of next season.

And although Liverpool are interested, Newcastle believe the prospect of regular first-team football with them could entice a player keen to win promotion from Spain’s Under-21 side to the full international squad.

United are in the market for a central defender as doubts persist over Steven Taylor’s future on Tyneside.

Taylor is growing ever more frustrated at Newcastle’s failure to reopen talks on a new contract.

If they do not offer him favourable new terms, United face the prospect of Taylor running down his current deal and being able to talk to other clubs from January onwards as a soon-to-be free agent.

Amorebieta is regarded as an international star of the future. Perhaps more importantly, at 6’ 2”, he is regarded as capable of handling the extra physicality of the Premier League.

And although he is understood to have a release clause of 20 million euros (£16 million), Bilbao – among the poorer relations in Spain’s top flight – would listen to offers of £6 million-plus.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/04/13/united-s-love-for-young-spanish-star-79310-20756349/

Keegan: Owen must be first summer signing

Apr 13 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

KEVIN KEEGAN will open crunch transfer talks with Newcastle chairman Chris Mort in the next few days.

And the United manager is “sure” the first outcome of that summit will be success in persuading Michael Owen to sign a new contract at St James’s Park.

But Keegan last night made it clear he expects serious cash backing to make five or six top quality, “statement signings” this summer, warning Mort and Magpies’ owner Mike Ashley . . .

“You don’t go to Harrods if you haven’t got any money.”

With Newcastle’s Premier League survival assured, the time has clearly come for Ashley to prove his ambition matches that of his manager.

“We need quality players,” said Keegan. “I still think we need five. There have definitely got to be five players coming in here.”

But the revitalised Tyneside legend admitted he is only now about to discover what sort of budget he will be given to go out and get them.

“I can’t answer that until I sit down with the owner and chairman,” he said.

“That conversation will start next week. I think the owner’s away at the moment but the chairman is here next week.

“But you don’t go to Harrods if you haven’t got any money. Or if you do, you don’t buy anything.

“It’s important to get quality. If you get quality players it makes statements. If you make statements, it makes people aware of your potential.”

And the first of those statements will concern Owen.

“That is the first big signing we have to make,” added Keegan. “I think it will be done. I’m sure it will.

“Michael is absolutely totally committed here. I see it every day in training and around the place.

“It sends a message that not only we are looking for quality, but if we have quality we want to keep it.

“There’s no point in bringing in quality and then selling players. We want to keep our best players and we want to attract others.

“The big message we are sending out is that we mean business.”

And although Keegan cannot offer prospective new signings the carrot of European football or a title challenge, he is convinced Newcastle can still compete for the very best this summer.

“I would be disappointed if the first thing I had to do was to convince a player to come.

“Most players will know that we get 50,000-odd fans every week and it is a fantastic place to play.

“If they don’t know they will quickly do what Obafemi Martins did when I came – and go on the Internet and find out who I am!”