Memories Of Derby Day

Kev

Guest jonnyameobi

With me with my head in my hands, slumped to my knees on hearing the crowd, in my Grandma's front room, Justin Lockwood's commentary of Kevin Kyle's injury time "equaliser" when we won 1-0 Solano (p) - "The ball's in the net, the sunderland fans all around me are celebrating but the flag is up! They think they've scored! You haven't! SIT DOWN!"

Ha ha love this

Guest Heneage

The 3-2 was great because I'd been raving about Emre when we signed him to my mates, the 2-0 at home was my first ever derby being there and the moment we scored was fantastic, tbh they never even looked like winning that day.

my two favourites would be the two liam o goals at roker. both strikes  seemed to be in the air for ages with everyone knowing where they were destined.

edit, and from the second of those  the sight of some mackem in the seats right next to us shout,scream,spit, make violent gestures for 70mins then as we could see the cops come to get him from behind, we could see this unferling for a minute or two, they were getting closer and he was stood up going purple with anger and we laughed at him.....then he saw the law out the corner of his eye about 10yds away and he sat straight down and tried to pretend nothing was happening. we all waved to him as he was lead out.

With me with my head in my hands, slumped to my knees on hearing the crowd, in my Grandma's front room, Justin Lockwood's commentary of Kevin Kyle's injury time "equaliser" when we won 1-0 Solano (p) - "The ball's in the net, the sunderland fans all around me are celebrating but the flag is up! They think they've scored! You haven't! SIT DOWN!"

Was listening to that to and almost was sick until i heard him say the flag was up.

That scream..........sure you'll be able to youtube liam o's free kick at roker. just as the ball is above the wall, there is a scream......i'm not sure wheteher it's a geordie who knew where it was headed or a mackem likewise, but they knew, they knew. :snod:

Bit too young for Pedro's hat-trick in '85 but the 2 play-off games in 1990 were my first memory. Seeing Budgie save the penalty, Hardyman sent off the lose it at home to the mongs with bother on and off the pitch still seems very real and recent. :hmm:

Up's and downs over the years but far more up's than downs to be fair. I'd hate to be a mackem the same age who's seen the same games from the other side of things - he's had a shit time of it.  :lol:

Puts things into perspective when it's clear that any mackem under 35 will say the greatest moment of his football supporting career was an Alan Shearer missed penalty.

I remember this day so well!

I had the worst vomiting bug I think I've ever had, ever. There I was lying in bed listening to the updates of the scores and heard Nobby scored! Sat up, and with all my energy screamed 'Yeeeessss' and got sick! :lol:

I think I'd passed out by the time Kyle's goal got ruled out!

Damn reading all these memories makes me even more excited for my first ever derby game in person. I just hope I get to have great memories too.

It'll be a great experience for you.

Last time at the SoL it was awful witnessing them lording it up but I soaked it up and stored it to make it all the sweeter when we turn them over.

Puts things into perspective when it's clear that any mackem under 35 will say the greatest moment of his football supporting career was an Alan Shearer missed penalty.

Well, there was the playoff win (I was there, in the corner - left when the knackers at the front ran on the pitch)

Owen's headed goal immediately goes in the moment I open the TV, coming back from school.

Chopra's blatant miss during our relegation season at SJP.

Emre's free kick

4-1 win at SOL

Why on earth were you at school on sunday?

My old man went to derby games during the 60's. Reckons they could be horrendous occasions with bottles/coins being chucked backwards and forwards. Reckons he saw young lads being stretchered away with cuts to their heads, etc. The 'bother' goes all the way back to the early 1900's when there was an on the pitch riot that the police lost control of. Trouble is not a new thing!

Owen's headed goal immediately goes in the moment I open the TV, coming back from school.

Chopra's blatant miss during our relegation season at SJP.

Emre's free kick

4-1 win at SOL

Why on earth were you at school on sunday?

Used to live back in Dubai at the time, where weekends were Friday and Saturday, retarded I know.

Guest Geordiesned

I'm sure this has been mentioned in this thread - just talking about it now. The Sunderland groundsman having a breakdown as he collected in the corner flags when being wound up by the Toon Army at the end of the 4-1 (think it was that game). Priceless.