Sven to be sacked - BBC Sport

lovejoy

Thing is like, I do find it amusing that when Thaksin bought them most Citeh fans didn't seem too arsed about his pretty shady past.

Guest Beachcomber

Shocked at this. terrible decision and so harsh on sven. Will have to name a top top quality manager soon or players will be walking and rightly so.

Shinawatra Vs Ricky Hatton !  Sell out!

fookin ridiculous - thought it could only happen at NUFC.

Still dont know why Sven didnt sign a good striker like, he tried a few but they just didnt work.

In fairness to Sven, they never got a chance to see what Bojinov could do - as Mr Gallagher highlighted himself.

Still dont know why Sven didnt sign a good striker like, he tried a few but they just didnt work.

In fairness to Sven, they never got a chance to see what Bojinov could do - as Mr Gallagher highlighted himself.

Erm, he's still a City player.

Guest Deep456

The thaskin fellow is mental. Sacking sven even after getting city comfortably into top half of the table and turning them into a 60pt a season team. Quite shocking.

Erm, he's still a City player.

Erm, I know, Nerdlinger.

Thaksin is a very shrewd economist and businessman. It could be his high expectations and of course, being a shrewd economist and businessman, efficiency (profits perhaps) matters.

I don't doubt Thaksin though. There's probably more to the whole affair.

Credits to Sven though, Manchester City has never been better for the past few seasons before Sven arrives. The good thing, players may leave and Newcastle may be able to nick a few from there. I'm a fan of Micah Richards.

Regards,

Ericz

Guest elpapi

Thaksin is a very shrewd economist and businessman. It could be his high expectations and of course, being a shrewd economist and businessman, efficiency (profits perhaps) matters.

I don't doubt Thaksin though. There's probably more to the whole affair.

Credits to Sven though, Manchester City has never been better for the past few seasons before Sven arrives. The good thing, players may leave and Newcastle may be able to nick a few from there. I'm a fan of Micah Richards.

Regards,

Ericz

Football isn't a "normal" business though... And if only 1% is true of what Mr Thaksin did in the past, then calling him a shrewd economist is a bit friendly...

Football isn't a "normal" business though... And if only 1% is true of what Mr Thaksin did in the past, then calling him a shrewd economist is a bit friendly...

I do see where you are coming from. I don't disagree with you, neither do I agree.

In today's world, ideally football should be seen as a sport or/and a passion. Some people do see it that way still. I don't doubt that is the correct way.

However, there are others who sees it as a business. I am sure footballers themselves see it as a money-making opportunity. I am sure young children aspires to be footballers to be able to earn that sort of money. Likewise goes for investors. Anything that is efficient pertaining to profit making = worth going into. They are not wrong either.

Of course there are others who adopts both philosophies and it depends on which side of the scale they are at.

This is the state of football today I guess. I apologise if I am being too skeptical about the whole affair.

Regards,

Ericz

"What did Scolari ever win? Nothing" Errr... World Cup? :lol:

With the greatest team in the world AND the Brazilian people wanted him sacked because they thought his style was shite.

Doesn't speak English either, can see it being a disaster of epic proportions.

It does seem a rash move. Chelsea fans went mad when Claudio Ranieri was sacked but then Jose Morhinio replaced him and they stopped complaining. Who knows who Man City will end up with. I don't feel sorry for Sven though. He will be well compensated and won't struggle to find a new job (if he wants one being that he is already filthy rich).

Guest BooBoo

Does anyone remember the City fans this season at SJP chanting "You got Sam! We got Sven!"  mackems.gif

I feel a bit sorry for Sven, I like him, but City fans are a horrible mob and as such, its amusing to see their club in such a state.