Are we?

Guest toonlass

Am I getting wooshed here? Whats the point in an away kit that clashes with the home kit?!

I like the yellow ones best. Incidentally, this current home shirt is horrible. First one i've not bought in about 15 years.

No you're not getting wooshed, I didn't say it didn't clash.

but it's quite obviously commercial/exploitation.

Away kits have been primarily driven by commercial exploitation rather than on-field footballing reasons for nearly 20 years now, and third kits exclusively so.

Way back in the 70's and early 80's you'd rarely see a team in their away kit unless there was a clash with their opponents home kit, but then they figured out that away kits were a potentially source of lucrative revenue and now teams regularly turn out in away kits even if there's no clash at all.

As for third kits, there's absolutely no footballing reason to have them whatsoever. It's virtually impossible to have a kit clash with both home and (properly designed) away kits.

How many kits have Spurs got this year? 4  :rolleyes:

Yup.  It's bad enough bringing out a third, or "European" kit like we have done, but the worst example is when Man Utd and Liverpool brought out "European home kits", that are still red for fucks sake, just with different lines on them.

I've never bought a third shirt and havn't had an away shirt for about 5 years now.

Surely we could do something like have the home kit black like the current one, and have the away kit the exact same only white like the previous home top? That way we have our strips and our kits wont clash with anyone :D

but it's quite obviously commercial/exploitation.

Away kits have been primarily driven by commercial exploitation rather than on-field footballing reasons for nearly 20 years now, and third kits exclusively so.

Way back in the 70's and early 80's you'd rarely see a team in their away kit unless there was a clash with their opponents home kit, but then they figured out that away kits were a potentially source of lucrative revenue and now teams regularly turn out in away kits even if there's no clash at all.

As for third kits, there's absolutely no footballing reason to have them whatsoever. It's virtually impossible to have a kit clash with both home and (properly designed) away kits.

How many kits have Spurs got this year? 4  :rolleyes:

Yup.  It's bad enough bringing out a third, or "European" kit like we have done, but the worst example is when Man Utd and Liverpool brought out "European home kits", that are still red for fucks sake, just with different lines on them.

I've never bought a third shirt and havn't had an away shirt for about 5 years now.

ditto

few things piss me off more than people wearing away shirts to attend matches, we should be aiming for a sea of black n white

Don't mind the home one but it's not a patch on the Bobby era NTL one. That always reminds me of good times.

I also like that Black away one we had. We played Leeds on the first day of the season IIRC.

You mean this one:

http://www.nufc.com/images/2000-09-16kd.jpg

Na the black one i was reffering to was the one with northern rock on.

The home one had NTL but was the year after that i believe.

Guest float one in

I'd like to see us choose a different manufacturer, not Adidas. I don't think they've done a decent job on our home shirts for a few years now.

I never buy the replica kits but I do like to see the lads looking the part - while black and white stripes must be the coolest, best looking strip you can get, Adidas haven't made the most of it in their last few designs in my opinion. The current one isn't even really stripes, just blocks of black and blocks of white! Poor!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/versalino/Foto028.jpg

THis

This is probably my favourite Away/3rd Newcastle shirt of the lot, and I've f*****g lost mine!

Great away shirt! I think the best in the last years...

I'd like to see us choose a different manufacturer, not Adidas. I don't think they've done a decent job on our home shirts for a few years now.

I never buy the replica kits but I do like to see the lads looking the part - while black and white stripes must be the coolest, best looking strip you can get, Adidas haven't made the most of it in their last few designs in my opinion. The current one isn't even really stripes, just blocks of black and blocks of white! Poor!

Adidas and Nike (btw whats the correct way to say it "Nyk" of "Nykee") make the best kits, anything else is sub-standard imo.

i must admit it's grown on me as well

Both have, I think the away top I bought is one size too big for me (bit baggy but wearable) though. And like many said the home shirt looks a lot poorer without a name and number on the back. I got N'Zogbia 14 when I got mine, might be regretting that soon.

Kappa make some canny kits.

I agree. The old Juve and Barca ones were lush, as were/are the Real Betis ones and I've got a Botafogo one. The training gear etc was always nice too. I think Nike ones look a bit shit by comparison (see Juve's now).