Player of the Season

La Parka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Beye, followed by Butt for me. A mention to Faye too who has done very well without standing out like a sore thumb since he signed. Owen and Harper also deserve special praise for their end of season form.

Usually this is a close contest (it's been a case of the least shite over the past three years or so) but this year it's not even worth discussing. Habib Beye by a country mile with honourable mentions for Steve Harper and Abdoulaye Faye - quite ironic considering the number of goals we've shipped like, but that was down to Fat Sam more than anything as those players are now proving.

Honorable mentions to Butt and Harper though. Both have been good. 

Butt's been good for three to four weeks! Before that he was shite.

This forum is great :lol:

True !!

Beye has been outstanding all season

Guest Julio Geordio

Toss up between Beye and Owen.

Beye has been consistently strong at right back the whole season, putting in some top notch performances.

Although Owen has scored some vital goals at the end of a disappointing season that may have kept us up. The two today were particularly pleasing!

Bring on next season.

Thought Faye would get more mentions, he's been pretty solid for us, but Beye without a shadow of a doubt, he's been consistently good, perfect RB.

Owen - no chance, not his fault but not the player of the season

Butt - Again, no, been ok, but this is a season, he's in a position which should do well in any formation or tactical set up.

Beye and Faye easily the outstanding characters been decent all season and have been leaders.

although beye is the obvious answer(hes class) with faye also doing well.

I think Barton deserves a mention.  For the reason he has had to fight hard to get the fans off his back.

Hes certainly our most improved player imo, and barring a jail sentence, he should do very well here next season.

Mind i gues that owen has also come through alot of stick too.  SO maybe its toss up between them 2 as to who is most improved.

Beye must be in with a good shout for the PFA Team of the Year. Sagna has been good for Arsenal but I can't think of many better.

They'll never look at us for anything like that. It wouldn't even cross their tiny minds.

Beye must be in with a good shout for the PFA Team of the Year. Sagna has been good for Arsenal but I can't think of many better.

They'll never look at us for anything like that. It wouldn't even cross their tiny minds.

You mean like when two of your players won the Young Player Of The Year award two seasons running?  :razz:

Glen Johnson for right-back, I'd assume. He has been pretty good this season in a fairly formidable Pompey backline.

Corluka might be another shout.

Or they might be really zany and just give it to Wes Brown.

You mean like when two of your players won the Young Player Of The Year award two seasons running?  :razz:

When we were flying and the media darlings?