Newcastle United 2 - 0 Mackems - 20/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 13

James

Comfortable tbh, very pleased. Wasn't a brilliant performance but f****** chuffed nonetheless, defended well throughout and were great going forward in patches.

Harper - 7

Beye - 8

Taylor - 7

Faye - 7

Enrique - 7

Geremi - 6

Butt - 8

Barton - 7

Viduka - 6

Owen - 8

Martins - 7

Good cameos from all 3 subs, even Duff  :kasper: Edgar was as calm as anything, Carroll put himself about well and Duff looked lively with a few good passes and runs.

Howay the lads and howay mathematical safety  ;D

Guest johnson293

And, as already mentioned earlier.... thats 4 clean sheets, and onyl 2 conceded in the last 6 matches.

Who'd have thought it would be Keegan* that tightened the defence up??!!!

* - probably Chris Hughton in reality!  :clap:

Good to hear Owen sounding well up for it in the interview. What a difference! I shouldn't have written him off so early, hats off to him for proving me entirely wrong and hopefully he carries it on into next season.

86 - Wonderful play from Newcastle:   as Geremi plays a brilliant ball in for Beye, who plays in Barton, whose cross is cleared. Keane has brought Harte on for McShane while young David Edgar is on for the disappointing Enrique.

From the skysports live commentary, what game was he watching?

The two commentators both agreed Enrique's class, dunno where this rubbish is coming from.

I thought he had an excellent game, as usual.

Guest Guinness
:D Get in! Quality result. Owen was outstanding, his header was top class, Butt, Enrique, Beye and Taylor also had very good games. Very comfortable in the first half with some very good defending when they upped the tempo in the second half. Loving the little run were on at the moment.