Booing Chopra

Nobody

Guest Brazilianbob

Born and bred in newcastle for 34 years before

I dont mean this in an offensive way, but i think a lot of the threads that pop up on here round derby games show the differences between the local lads who follow Newcastle (ie Geordies) and our pals from around the country/ planet.

To those living in the area, the game is gigantic, its bigger than any other game of the season, winning is everything and losing bloody awful. They have a strong intense dislike of mackems and the idea of playing for Sunderland (a la Chopra) is as ludicrous as supporting them. The hostility facing people like Chopra is not banter, but real hardcore disapproval of what he's done.

To a lot of those from out the area, the game seems to be about tongue in cheek banter and a bit of name calling.

Obviously there'll be ex

I dont mean this in an offensive way, but i think a lot of the threads that pop up on here round derby games show the differences between the local lads who follow Newcastle (ie Geordies) and our pals from around the country/ planet.

To those living in the area, the game is gigantic, its bigger than any other game of the season, winning is everything and losing bloody awful. They have a strong intense dislike of mackems and the idea of playing for Sunderland (a la Chopra) is as ludicrous as supporting them. The hostility facing people like Chopra is not banter, but real hardcore disapproval of what he's done.

To a lot of those from out the area, the game seems to be about tongue in cheek banter and a bit of name calling.

Obviously there'll be exceptions to this, but its something i've noticed for a while.

Born and bred in Newcastle for 34 years before I left, so I know what it is like to lose these games and have to face the mackems at work on a monday morning.  However, as an outsider now I can view the result with a certain degree of magnanimity as I am not surrounded by mackems who will crow incessantly if they win.

Having said that there is one mackem fan in the office but he is a regular guy and won't overdo it if they do win!  Similarly I don't overdo it when we win, and if we have been lucky, I say so!  Keeps it nice and civilized.

Cant believe what Chopra has come out with. I am not expecting him to wear a SMB shirt or oot like that but at the same time I am not expecting him to act like a prize cunt ala Don Fuck off die you cunt of a twat face Hutchinson either.

Read the quotes & here the prick at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/7688986.stm

The mentally unstable 50% Asian bloke has his facebook open, nutters send him the gambling twat with marital problems a message, his details are at:

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Michael+Chopra&n=67109169&k=400000000010&sf=r&init=q&sid=4859c73d9c300f2fde297215ceb81a88#/profile.php?id=502518143

how did we not treat him right? we offered him a new contract, let him leave for a small fee and loaned him out numerous times so he could get games. little s***.

He must have thought he was going to replace Shearer & then Roeder said I am going to bring in Sibs, sign Martins & we already have Owen & Shola.....oh aye & Uncle Alex says I can borrow Rossi.

I detest Glenn Roeder but i've got nowt against him for not rating Chopra. I can't see how we didn't treat him right tbh, he made it into the first team squad for a full season and didn't take his chance, simple as that really. We even offered him a new contract. The patronising shite he's come out with in the last couple of days is vomit-inducing. Comes across pretty arrogant! Can't understand it, he's shit.

Spot on.

When Clarkie went you knew it was because he didn't want to leave the area. But Chopra had already fucked off man, although I never booed him last time as I don't agree with that sort of thing. I think it's absolutely disgusting.

:lol:

I'm not entirely sure if you're serious or not.

It's pretty funny either way.

I loved it when Sir Les got stick, I'm sure he understood the humour behind it.

he did. he said he was laughing at the time and was even laughing when he got locked in the changing rooms as he thought it was deliberate.

one of the funniest things i've seen in football was steve watson crease up laughing when it was all silent till he got the ball....then "BOOOOOOOO" and even the crowd was laughing.

he did. he said he was laughing at the time and was even laughing when he got locked in the changing rooms as he thought it was deliberate.

one of the funniest things i've seen in football was steve watson crease up laughing when it was all silent till he got the ball....then "BOOOOOOOO" and even the crowd was laughing.

If we could clone an ex player Ferdinand would be top of my wish list.

:lol:  The legendary David Beharral popping up in his friends list on the left hand side.

He is prize nob jockey but his brother is sound.

Agreed. Went to the same school as both and Stephen was and by all accounts is still a good lad.  Bumped into the other one who was acting the I am.

Chops can do one.  He'll be crying into Keano's dog hankerchief tomorrow night.  No doubt he'll be chancing a few quid on the true outcome of the match though.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant believe what Chopra has come out with. I am not expecting him to wear a SMB shirt or oot like that but at the same time I am not expecting him to act like a prize cunt ala Don Fuck off die you cunt of a twat face Hutchinson either.

The mentally unstable 50% Asian bloke has his facebook open, nutters send him the gambling twat with marital problems a message, his details are at:

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Michael+Chopra&n=67109169&k=400000000010&sf=r&init=q&sid=4859c73d9c300f2fde297215ceb81a88#/profile.php?id=502518143

Although he's a "mentally unstable 50% Asian bloke" I think it's only fair to point out he's also 50% English geordie lass, mentally unstable or not.

In fact his dad used to go to Rutherford School on the West Road as it happens, it's a technical college or something now.

I remember that  :laugh: Got a standing ovation when he was subbed onto the pitch, silence, he gets the ball, everyone in the grounds boos him :lol:

Guest Heneage

I remember that cos he came on as a sub was cheered on and clapped got the ball and "BOOOOO".

Cant believe what Chopra has come out with. I am not expecting him to wear a SMB shirt or oot like that but at the same time I am not expecting him to act like a prize c*** ala Don f*** off die you c*** of a t*** face Hutchinson either.

The mentally unstable 50% Asian bloke has his facebook open, nutters send him the gambling t*** with marital problems a message, his details are at:

Although he's a "mentally unstable 50% Asian bloke" I think it's only fair to point out he's also 50% English geordie lass, mentally unstable or not.

In fact his dad used to go to Rutherford School on the West Road as it happens, it's a technical college or something now.

:-) Beat me to it. Don't know why his nationality has been mentioned in that case...

Guest Heneage

Well even saying that we never mis-treat the guy, he was offered a 1 year deal, and said no. Did he expect a 5 year deal having scored one goal against Sunderland?