Graeme Danby - the singer

Benwell Lad

It's been brushed on in other threads but he deserves his own.

I've been going to SJP for many decades and it was one of the finest spectacles I've seen, made even better as it seems to have irritated the chip on shoulder visiting supporters somewhat.

The singer, Graeme Danby was superb and despite a world renowned career it must have been been a great moment for a true Newcastle fan to lead the fans into song immediately before a derby match.

The noise when each chorus began was amazing and people who don't normally join in were singing their hearts out at the top of their voice.

This "anthem" singing has to become a regular feature for big games, imagine him doing it before a cup quarter final or something ?

Awesome - well done to whoever came up with the idea.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Milburnthedog

Have to agree completely. It was a fantastic idea and having our 'anthem' being belted out from all 4 sides of the ground was a magical feeling.

One of those 'hair on the back of your neck' moments. Something I won't forget.

It's been brushed on in other threads but he deserves his own.

I've been going to SJP for many decades and it was one of the finest spectacles I've seen, made even better as it seems to have irritated the chip on shoulder visiting supporters somewhat.

The singer, Graeme Danby was superb and despite a world renowned career it must have been been a great moment for a true Newcastle fan to lead the fans into song immediately before a derby match.

The noise when each chorus began was amazing and people who don't normally join in were singing their hearts out at the top of their voice.

This "anthem" singing has to become a regular feature for big games, imagine him doing it before a cup quarter final or something ?

Awesome - well done to whoever came up with the idea.   :clap: :clap: :clap:

aww shucks.  :blush:

Lol, it shows how pissed i was at kick off yesterday as I didnt even realise there was a bloke on the pitch singing untill I logged on here today!, I thought it was just a spontaneous thing by the crowd!

:laugh:

It was an awesome spectacle, only small shame was that those around me were singing at twice the speed he was so kept getting ahead of him.

On the plus side though it meant we got to sing each chorus twice! :D

Guest Milburnthedog

Canny version on a well known hosting site. Newcastle Vs Sunderland in the search will find it.

I only walked in as he was doing the toon toon bit as he was walking off the pitch.

If that is going to be a regular thing I will a) get into the ground a little sooner and b) learn the words, not just the first verse and chorus!!

Excellent, made for a superb atmosphere throughout the entire match.  The goals obviously helped like!

I only know parts of the song, was kind of crap not knowing the lyrics but hey even if you cant sing the whole song the little pieces you actually CAN helps out.

No c*** knows the f****** words. :lol:

I think its more that there was more quit in the Milburn Stand really, because there was alot of noice everywhere else.

I think the whole idea was let the professional sing the verses and we all join in the chorus ( the oh me lads bit ) and that worked out best.

Great video but like you say seems like the Platinum Club was more into having a last pint than getting out and singing, where I was everyone was singing. Maybe if it became a regular thing and we knew it was happening everyone would be out singing.

I think this being a one-off made it much better than it would be if it was every game, we'd soon get sick and take it for granted, it reminded me of the Newcastle/Liverpool Cup final for build up to the game.

Guest Geordiecunny

get yourself up to level 7. You don't get looked at like your stupid for supporting your team. I'd highly recommend it.