Terry not the only useless McDermott in the family?

Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

Neale McDermott has had his contract at Carlisle United terminated by mutual consent.

The midfielder joined the Cumbrians from Fulham in the summer of 2006 but has failed to hold down a regular first-team spot at Brunton Park.

The former Newcastle United trainee made 18 appearances during his two years at the club, scoring three goals.

He had made just one substitute appearance for the club this season, in a Carling Cup defeat to Coventry back in August.

McDermott, who had enjoyed loan spells at Swindon and Darlington earlier in his career, will now begin his search for a new club ahead of the 2008/09 campaign.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_3442682,00.html

He was very highly rated when he was here. I remember lots of people being gutted when he left because of some sort of falling out with Peter Beardsley.

What was the other kid who left at the same time (for the same reasons too iirc) called?

Think he might have went on to Forest?

He was another one who was highly thought of.

James Beaumont and Ross Gardner are the two you're thinking of I think. Beardsley and Wharton were both cleared of the 'bullying' charges too.

He was very highly rated when he was here. I remember lots of people being gutted when he left because of some sort of falling out with Peter Beardsley.

What was the other kid who left at the same time (for the same reasons too iirc) called?

James Beaumont and Ross Gardner.

Beaumont was at Northwich Victoria but was released, Gardner plays for Ilkeston Town.

Beaumont was at Northwich Victoria but was released, Gardner plays for Ilkeston Town.

We missed out there then

James Beaumont looked a decent player when I say him play for the juniors a couple of times. Massive gap between that and making the grade though, obviously.

We missed out there then

;D

Neale McDermott has had his contract at Carlisle United terminated by mutual consent.

The midfielder joined the Cumbrians from Fulham in the summer of 2006 but has failed to hold down a regular first-team spot at Brunton Park.

The former Newcastle United trainee made 18 appearances during his two years at the club, scoring three goals.

He had made just one substitute appearance for the club this season, in a Carling Cup defeat to Coventry back in August.

McDermott, who had enjoyed loan spells at Swindon and Darlington earlier in his career, will now begin his search for a new club ahead of the 2008/09 campaign.

Why the spiteful title

This thread would get the response you seem to be looking for on the SMB. Why don't you go on there.

Why the spiteful title

This thread would get the response you seem to be looking for on the SMB. Why don't you go on there.

Definitely SMB.

We missed out there then

They were mentally effected by all the shit that went on the with the alleged bullying, the FA trial, then sorting out there releases from NUFC, the pair of them never recovered. It is the treatment of some of the countries best youngsters like they were that we have crap youth & reseve teams & local lads Carrick, Josh Walker, Colback,Noble etc dont join us.

The only thing I've got against Terry Mac is he stopped playing for us when he knew the bin-dippers were after him. As an aside , just what has Rise done for Gingers ? I hear he was pulled on the M62.... heading in the wrong direction apparently. :celb:

Proved you shouldn't try and hide it and die your noggin blonde!

his dad was one of the best around though

wasn't there a story on here once about someone approaching Mcdermott for an autograph in Eldon Sqaure and getting a drink thrown in his direction in return

made me laugh. McDermott's a cunt, still think of him alongside Souness, having a go at Bellamy despite having never met him

wasn't there a story on here once about someone approaching Mcdermott for an autograph in Eldon Sqaure and getting a drink thrown in his direction in return

made me laugh. McDermott's a cunt, still think of him alongside Souness, having a go at Bellamy despite having never met him

aye, he should have stayed out of that one

made me laugh. McDermott's a c***, still think of him alongside Souness, having a go at Bellamy despite having never met him

aye, he should have stayed out of that one

He also did, as alleged earlier, completely stop playing for us when he was after a transfer to Liverpool.

It was disgraceful behaviour for a professional and an insult to Newcastle United.

I was there and witnessed it with my own eyes and have never forgiven him.

His sucking up to Souness and Shearer and the devious role he played in assisting Bellamy's departure, merely compounded my distrust of him.