What kind of football do Benfica play?

Dave

They'd kill him over there after the first match.. it's all about possesion and passing.. I'd love to see their reaction to 'tactical long balls into space with random players chasing it'.

dunno bout that...been watching a bit potuguese footy of late and it's not very good. they are producing very good players but the football itself isn't very good.

They have the big, strong centre-backs that are essential to any Allardyce side in Luisao and Leo. Two full-backs who spend most of the time going forward. Petit, the defensive midfielder would find himself a regular under Allardyce as would Rui Costa for novelty value. Then there is Freddy Adu who would probably rot away under along with their other promising creative player Di Maria. Allardyce could have two target men in Oscar Cardozo and Makuluka as well as the overrated and long gone Nuno Gomes.

It's almost like it's meant to happen.

They have the big, strong centre-backs that are essential to any Allardyce side in Luisao and Leo. Two full-backs who spend most of the time going forward. Petit, the defensive midfielder would find himself a regular under Allardyce as would Rui Costa for novelty value. Then there is Freddy Adu who would probably rot away under along with their other promising creative player Di Maria. Allardyce could have two target men in Oscar Cardozo and Makuluka as well as the overrated and long gone Nuno Gomes.

Class name! We should sign him so I can have it on the back of my shirt!

sounds like a mackem trying to force you to look at something

Guest float one in

I'd be disappointed for Rui Costa, one of my all time football heroes. Was hoping he'd give it one more season next year, but I wouldn't want him to have to play his final season for the club he loves in an Allardyce team... Go now Manuel, while the going is still good!

He's a canny player. It's a shame the best years of his career have been spent on loan. He or Cardozo would be the sort of player who could play in Viduka's role.

I thought it was usually Luisao and David Luiz at the back?

I see what you're getting at though, the squad is quite Bolton-esque circa 2005 :lol: