Thierry Henry is Coming to Toon ~ The Sun

Guest ObaStar

In all fairness to Henry, he's been played on the left wing WHEN he actually does play. In terms of trying to get him here, I can't see Barca rejecting a 'get your money back' transfer fee but as someone mentioned, not sure if Henry would fancy it here.

Does anybody else think this is just the press bigging us up (in terms of high profile targets etc) just to rip into us if we don't buy big?

I can just see the stories now "Keegan unhappy with lack of funds", "Ashley lets the Toon down" etc etc.

This could well just be them conjuring up shite as per usual, waiting for the chance to cause friction.

A source close to Henry has stated:

'Although he claims to be an Arsenal man, the lure of ham & pease pudding stotties and the opportunity to go down Bigg Market on a Saturday night for a Woo Woo may be to much to turn down'

I just can't see the Thierry Henry coming to Newcastle.  He thinks of himself as cultured and classy and, as a city, Newcastle doesn't have an image that fits the bill.  I think he'd turn us down.

That being said, he's my favourite current non-NUFC player, so I'd love it to happen, hypothetically.

I've been saying all summer that we will be in for Henry, however i just don't see us signing him.

If we don't then you can guarentee he won't be the last "big name" that KK will be in for.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/04/25/owen-targeting-hat-trick-repeat-72703-20819482/

Meanwhile, Kevin Keegan woke up to headlines today saying that he was trying to sign former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry from Barcelona.

And to be fair to Keegan he will not mind being linked with the French international because this is the quality of player he is looking to attract to St James’s Park in the close season.

But sources at the club tell me that Henry is not on United’s shopping list.

And in any case in an interview due to be screened on BBC’s Football Focus tomorrow Henry says he is happy in Spain and the only club he would return to the Premier League for is his former side Arsenal.

Does anybody else think this is just the press bigging us up (in terms of high profile targets etc) just to rip into us if we don't buy big?

I can just see the stories now "Keegan unhappy with lack of funds", "Ashley lets the Toon down" etc etc.

This could well just be them conjuring up s**** as per usual, waiting for the chance to cause friction.

Aye wait for the "Wise signed Modric but Keegan really wanted Henry and knew bugger all about Modric" headlines.

if his daughter lives in London there really isn't that much difference between him living here and living in Barca, still a fairly short plane journey

he's still a great players but he's been past his best for nearly two years. Who would he replace Viduka? hardly. Martins? I'd personally be devestated if we sold Martins in the summer, he's less than two seasons away from being a truly world class young (ish) striker

that said, i'd still like him here, Martins at 23 isn't that different from Henry at 23 in fairness. Not that i can see Henry coming here like

Hopefully Viduka and his £80,000 a week would be shown the door.

"It's fantastic isn't it. I have had lunch with him - I have had fantastic lunches this week at the training ground. We have had  Modric there with Thierry Henry, Deco has been in for a meal...

"Unfortunately, that's fantasy football.

Back to reality, the only time we will really be able to say what we are doing is when we fetch people in.

It is easy to target people. The Henry story, I went to a talk-in and a 10-year-old kid asked me: 'If you could fetch one player to Newcastle United, who would that be?', and I said Thierry Henry because I think he is the best player the Premier League has ever had.

From that, we are now signing him, which is fantastic, really."

Guest Shibby

I can see Henry here though.

Think about it. If he wants to come back to England, where else can he play? He's loyalty to Arsenal means that it is unlikely to join Chelsea, Spurs or ManUre. That really just leaves us in the race. And we can more than certainly meet his wage demands.

I can see Henry here though.

Think about it. If he wants to come back to England, where else can he play? He's loyalty to Arsenal means that it is unlikely to join Chelsea, Spurs or ManUre. That really just leaves us in the race. And we can more than certainly meet his wage demands.

iirc Henry stated the only other club he would play at would be liverpool for the fans  and steve gerrard gerrard