West Ham 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 26/4/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

James

What's troubling though is that we haven't been playing all that well for three games on the trot now. Has the 4-3-3 been found out?

Regardless, we're still a far better team than we were pre-KK, but seeing as how we have two extremely difficult fixtures coming up I worry if we'll be able to pick up any points based on the recent preformances.

What's troubling though is that we haven't been playing all that well for three games on the trot now. Has the 4-3-3 been found out?

Regardless, we're still a far better team than we were pre-KK, but seeing as how we have two extremely difficult fixtures coming up I worry if we'll be able to pick up any points based on the recent preformances.

Is it possible for it to get found out?

Why hasn't the 4-4-2 ever been found out?

We haven't been playing all that badly either. Today we were undeniably the poorer team but we were far from outclassed or anything of that nature.

Guest Knightrider

You can't play extremely well for 90 minutes in every game, regardless of how good you are and we are not very good even at this moment, although we are much better than we were and have been all season.  Football is a game of transitions especially here in the Premier League and it's what you do in those transitional spells that counts which is what we have done really well in the past 3 games - giving a good account of ourselves spread across the full spectrum of those games, be it defensively away to Pompey, working hard at home to sunderland or coming back from 2-0 down at Upton Park.

And as fans we must take all those good things and add them together and when we do, it all reads good in my opinion. We are showing a mixture of everything at the moment which I believe gives us a much better perspective of our team, its strengths and its weaknesses and while lack of quality is the biggest weakness and always will be, I find balance to be just as significant and should we address both those things we'll be good to go next season.

All good man.

"Found out" as in teams know how to deal with it.

Fulham-Tottenham-Reading -> none of those teams had any idea how to cope with the formation

Portsmouth-Mackems-West Ham -> all found one way or another to neutralizing the front three and exploit the weaknesses of the formation, at the very least making it an even game or in today's case, nearly walking over us completely.

Guest Knightrider

Keegan reckons we are tiring now and don't have fresh legs to bring into the team, hence the performances.

Could be that. Keeping us up must have taken a lot out of the players both physically and mentally, it's been quite an effort hasn't it.

I don't care what he says about "protecting" youngsters, last game of the season would be a great game to start LuaLua, Carroll and Edgar (if he's OK), maybe start Forster and stick Kadar, Godsmark, Troisi, Soderberg and Tozer on the bench. Good chance to give them vital Premier League experience.

XI against Everton on the final day:

Forster

Beye Taylor Edgar Enrique

LuaLua Butt Barton Milner

Owen Carroll

Bench: Soderberg, Godsmark, Kadar, Troisi, Tozer

Yes or no?

"Found out" as in teams know how to deal with it.

Fulham-Tottenham-Reading -> none of those teams had any idea how to cope with the formation

Portsmouth-Mackems-West Ham -> all found one way or another to neutralizing the front three and exploit the weaknesses of the formation, at the very least making it an even game or in today's case, nearly walking over us completely.

Both Sunderland and Portsmouth set about trying to stop us which affected their own game, we were still the better team in both of those games.

West Ham didn't try and stop us, they had a good go at beating us which is why we were hardly in the game the first half.

Keegan reckons we are tiring now and don't have fresh legs to bring into the team, hence the performances.

Could be that. Keeping us up must have taken a lot out of the players both physically and mentally, it's been quite an effort hasn't it.

His interview's on the bbc website btw.

I don't care what he says about "protecting" youngsters, last game of the season would be a great game to start LuaLua, Carroll and Edgar (if he's OK), maybe start Forster and stick Kadar, Godsmark, Troisi, Soderberg and Tozer on the bench. Good chance to give them vital Premier League experience.

Forster (no)

Beye Taylor Edgar (if fit yes) Enrique

LuaLua(maybe) Butt Barton Milner

Owen Carroll (yes)

Bench: Soderberg, Godsmark, Kadar, Troisi, Tozer  (almost all of them no)

Yes or no?

all depends if we can achieve a higher league position... they are worth money you know! :D

Do you have a link? I can only find Keegan and Alan c.

You what?

Check the match report.

Both goals we conceded were poorly defended.

Noble was in plenty of space for the first with Barton the wrong side of him, you can't afford to give people that much time and space in the box.

For their second Taylor didn't even jump with Zamora who won an easy flick on to Ashton, who then turned Edgar inside out before a good finish.

I'm talking about Keegan.

I'm talking about Keegan.

I thought it was about Oba. Must be last night :idiot2:

Great finish by Martins today, are people really behind that "Martins is not a great football" bullshit?

He's good. Sometimes doesn't know what he's doing but that's all.

Great finish by Martins today, are people really behind that "Martins is not a great football" bullshit?

Noone says he's a bad footballer, he's just fucking stupid when it comes to making decisions.

Forster

Owen Carroll

Yes or no?

Imagine Ferguson's face if we put that side out a week on Monday :lol:

If it w

Forster

Owen Carroll

Yes or no?

Imagine Ferguson's face if we put that side out a week on Monday :lol:

If we'd only gotten beat 1-0 both times though the goal differences would've been a lot closer. Would be funny though, got to be tempting.

Forster

Owen Carroll

Yes or no?

NO!!!!!!!!

Forster

Owen Carroll

Yes or no?

NO!!!!!!!!

:lol: