West Ham 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 26/4/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

James

Guest optimistic nit

I don't care what he says about "protecting" youngsters, last game of the season would be a great game to start LuaLua, Carroll and Edgar (if he's OK), maybe start Forster and stick Kadar, Godsmark, Troisi, Soderberg and Tozer on the bench. Good chance to give them vital Premier League experience.

XI against Everton on the final day:

Forster

Beye Taylor Edgar Enrique

LuaLua Butt Barton Milner

Owen Carroll

Bench: Soderberg, Godsmark, Kadar, Troisi, Tozer

Yes or no?

Imagine Ferguson's face if we put that side out a week on Monday :lol:

:lol: DO IT.

Guest JamesyJazz

Great finish by Martins today, are people really behind that "Martins is not a great football" bullshit?

Noone says he's a bad footballer, he's just f****** stupid when it comes to making decisions.

Not the best paser of a ball but he scares the steamin shite outa premiership defenders with his pace and ability to create a goal scoring chance out of nothing with his amazing shooting technique.Watch the top clubs lick his arse in the close season with promises of glory and money.

Guest elpapi

How were Enrique and Owen today?

Not sure about Enrique but Keegan was full of praise for Owen after the match, if I recall correctly.

Again?? Trying to get him a new contract or what?? Seems like Owen didn't have the best of games...

I don't care what he says about "protecting" youngsters, last game of the season would be a great game to start LuaLua, Carroll and Edgar (if he's OK), maybe start Forster and stick Kadar, Godsmark, Troisi, Soderberg and Tozer on the bench. Good chance to give them vital Premier League experience.

XI against Everton on the final day:

Forster

Beye Taylor Edgar Enrique

LuaLua Butt Barton Milner

Owen Carroll

Bench: Soderberg, Godsmark, Kadar, Troisi, Tozer

Yes or no?

:lol:

No.

Once again MOTD leave us til last and show 3 minutes worth of the game, and not even edgars injury but show lunjburgs.  I know it sounds a sado, but I want to know what happened to our player to make him require stiches.

Even Hanson & Lawrenson/Lineker had a laugh about us being on last, and i know essentially it was a nothing game, but FFS arnt we last every single week?

Once again MOTD leave us til last and show 3 minutes worth of the game, and not even edgars injury but show lunjburgs.  I know it sounds a sado, but I want to know what happened to our player to make him require stiches.

Even Hanson & Lawrenson/Lineker had a laugh about us being on last, and i know essentially it was a nothing game, but FFS arnt we last every single week?

We've had a shit season.

Our game had no storyline to it. Every other one did.

People still criticising Martins' touch and movement?

Impeccable there. Quality goal.

As soon as Barton picked up the ball in the middle of the park, Martins went from dawdling back up the pitch to turning and sprinting away, in the blink of an eye. He'd gained a couple of yards on the defender before Barton had even played it*, simply due to his accelleration. Finish was fucking sexy n'all.

Can't wait for Keegan to really sort this guy out. The guy's quality.

*Superb pass, btw. Perfectly weighted.

Yorkie, I'm a big fan of your posts about Martins :thup:

Can't believe the bugger's only 22 or summat. He was better than Adebayor when Ade was signed by Arsenal, and Ade's older as well. I just think, with the right manager teaching him to do the right things (mainly movement and increasing the pace that he thinks at), he could be awesome.

As soon as Barton picked up the ball in the middle of the park, Martins went from dawdling back up the pitch to turning and sprinting away, in the blink of an eye. He'd gained a couple of yards on the defender before Barton had even played it*, simply due to his accelleration. Finish was f****** sexy n'all.

first touch great second (the one which bounced off his shin)not so good. to be fair his control when the ball is coming over his shoulder so to speak is exceptional. his control when the ball is trundling towards him leaves a lot to be desired. also take a close look in that he's gets lucky bounces and such...todays second touch that wasn't deliberate and tho extra non-deliberate touch in his goal at spuds.

As soon as Barton picked up the ball in the middle of the park, Martins went from dawdling back up the pitch to turning and sprinting away, in the blink of an eye. He'd gained a couple of yards on the defender before Barton had even played it*, simply due to his accelleration. Finish was f****** sexy n'all.

first touch great second (the one which bounced off his shin)not so good. to be fair his control when the ball is coming over his shoulder so to speak is exceptional. his control when the ball is trundling towards him leaves a lot to be desired. also take a close look in that he's gets lucky bounces and such...todays second touch that wasn't deliberate and tho extra non-deliberate touch in his goal at spuds.

Fortuitous i suppose. The previous touches make up for it though, as do the finishes. He took Tainio to fucking Alaska* at Spurs.

*© Johnnypd

Yorkie, I'm a big fan of your posts about Martins :thup:

Can't believe the bugger's only 22 or summat. He was better than Adebayor when Ade was signed by Arsenal, and Ade's older as well. I just think, with the right manager teaching him to do the right things (mainly movement and increasing the pace that he thinks at), he could be awesome.

His movement has improved a lot since he first arrived.

I like how Keegan has shifted him out towards the left, the problem under Allardyce was the team was instructed to play narrow which meant delivering a ball over the top had to be perfect as it would either be headed away or run through to the keeper, by Keegan pushing him out to the left it's meant the keeper is unlikely to come out for it and Oba will have plenty of space to run into, he's easily our most dangerous player away from home.

His first touch can still be dodgy but not nearly as bad as it was, not because he's improved on it but because we play more short passes along the floor, excellent control and a cool finish today though.

Fortuitous i suppose. The previous touches make up for it though, as do the finishes. He took Tainio to f****** Alaska* at Spurs.

*© Johnnypd

tainio dived in because of martins unintentional touch

Mar

Fortuitous i suppose. The previous touches make up for it though, as do the finishes. He took Tainio to f****** Alaska* at Spurs.

*© Johnnypd

tainio dived in because of martins unintentional touch

Martins keeps getting these fortuitous gash first touches, and he keeps stroking the ball into the net through sheer luck. What a lucky bastard he is, and he's not that quick either really.

They're not lucky bounces, he just recovers from them quickly.

aye but i call it lucky if you hit the ball when you don't mean to and profit from it

aye but i call it lucky if you hit the ball when you don't mean to and profit from it

He's lucky that he's quick as well. A bit lucky that his first touch sometimes works, and that he can score goals with a hard shot, and a delicate touch sometimes. Also with his head. Fucking flukey cunt if you ask me.

He's lucky that he's quick as well. A bit lucky that his first touch sometimes works, and that he can score goals with a hard shot, and a delicate touch sometimes. Also with his head. f****** flukey c*** if you ask me.

oh do calm down....you've already quoted in that post that i think he has an exceptional touch in certain circumstances but he also profits from poor control.

martins' touch is excellent, crap and average, probably in equal measures. sometimes he has the speed, skill and balance to make up for crap control, other times he doesn't have the decision making or awareness to fully capitalise on excellent touches.

Oba's first touch might improve, but it's never going to be great. By the law of averages, now and then the ball is going to land where he wants it to, and he's going to look good, but he's not going to be consistent.