Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

Veterre's job performance, as a supposed deal closer, should be heavily scrutinised if we're unable to secure Dunne's signature, if we have or end up putting a concrete bid on the table. With Keegan at the helm - ie. a manager whom Dunne admires & respects - we should in all rights be the frontrunners in this race. Provided that Ashley & Mort are prepared to pay the going rate, both in terms of the transfer fee & wages, this should be the most straight forward of the lot.

Along with our ill-fated moves for Modric & Woodgate if we lose out to either Spurs & West Ham, or whoever else for that matter, with this one - ie. Dunne - that will make our record 0-3, as far as being able to land Keegan's top targets so far.

There is a chance Dunne will not want to come because of Barton.

I don't see how that should be an obstacle, in it's unfair to indirectlt label Barton as some sort of scapegoat if Mort & Viterre are unable to deliver. Ferguson was able create a healthy on-field co-existence between his two best attacking outfielders after one successfully had the other one sent off in a major WC match-up. It's about having a manager who can handle the situation effectively, what happens off the pitch stays there and 'career driven' players will recognise that as well, so i don't see this as a major issue standing the way.

I think you've come up with a bit of a convenient excuse to be used if Mort & Viterre are unable to seal this deal and some will drag this up, and they'll google the stories about Barton's previous indescretions and so forth, but at the endo the day that will make their record - ie. securing Keegan's inital major targets - zero & three and that record for a club of our standing is unforgiveable when you consider that we competing directly with the so-called untouchables - ie the top 4 - for these respective signatures, in particular the forrmer two

According to a Man City mate of mine they had a big falling out and Dunne may well be giving evidence against Barton in the Darbo court case this summer, so it could be a factor. One player has already turned us down because of Barton.

Sealing deals and negotiations will be mainly dealt with by Tony Jimenez and not Jeff Vetere from what I can gather.

Veterre's job performance, as a supposed deal closer, should be heavily scrutinised if we're unable to secure Dunne's signature, if we have or end up putting a concrete bid on the table. With Keegan at the helm - ie. a manager whom Dunne admires & respects - we should in all rights be the frontrunners in this race. Provided that Ashley & Mort are prepared to pay the going rate, both in terms of the transfer fee & wages, this should be the most straight forward of the lot.

Along with our ill-fated moves for Modric & Woodgate if we lose out to either Spurs & West Ham, or whoever else for that matter, with this one - ie. Dunne - that will make our record 0-3, as far as being able to land Keegan's top targets so far.

I don't see how that should be an obstacle, in it's unfair to indirectlt label Barton as some sort of scapegoat if Mort & Viterre are unable to deliver. Ferguson was able create a healthy on-field co-existence between his two best attacking outfielders after one successfully had the other one sent off in a major WC match-up. It's about having a manager who can handle the situation effectively, what happens off the pitch stays there and 'career driven' players will recognise that as well, so i don't see this as a major issue standing the way.

I think you've come up with a bit of a convenient excuse to be used if Mort & Viterre are unable to seal this deal and some will drag this up, and they'll google the stories about Barton's previous indescretions and so forth, but at the endo the day that will make their record - ie. securing Keegan's inital major targets - zero & three and that record for a club of our standing is unforgiveable when you consider that we competing directly with the so-called untouchables - ie the top 4 - for these respective signatures, in particular the forrmer two

According to a Man City mate of mine they had a big falling out and Dunne may well be giving evidence against Barton in the Darbo court case this summer, so it could be a factor. One player has already turned us down because of Barton.

Sealing deals and negotiations will be mainly dealt with by Tony Jiminez and not Jeff Vetere from what I can gather.

It shows how convuluted the new set-up is when there are reports - based on heresay and what is layed out in print - of varying degrees pertaining to each department/person's responsiblity at the club.

Guest elpapi

Sealing deals and negotiations will be mainly dealt with by Tony Jiminez and not Jeff Vetere from what I can gather.

It shows how convuluted the new set-up is when there are reports - based on heresay and what is layed out in print - of varying degrees pertaining to each department/person's responsiblity at the club.

seems to me the set-up is quite clear ever since it started, vetere is scout and jimeneze negotiates deals... I've never heard differently actually

Mort & Veterre's, the latter being the deal closer, respective job performance should be heavily scrutinised if we're unable to secure Dunne's signature.

Lets not blame people for jobs they aren't responsible for.

Tony Jiminez is the negotiator. Veterre is a boardroom scout.

Get your point though (unless he stays at Citeh or moves for more than £6m)

Mort & Veterre's, the latter being the deal closer, respective job performance should be heavily scrutinised if we're unable to secure Dunne's signature.

I'll post accordingly from now on  :D. I've posted the Viterre thing about three times now, im sure one of the forum's Google Boys/Sherlocks will dredge it up  ;)

Jimenez' job should be on the line if this one falls by the wayside, that's if we've declared an interest in the said player.

Do we really want Richard Dunne at Newcastle?

I would say no! For me 6M for Dunne is to much, and I bet we can go out and find a better and younger DC for that price.

Do we need more young centre-halves though? We've been after a leader in the defence for years and while there is a lot of good about him, Abdoulaye Faye doesn't fill that role.

I'll post accordingly from now on   :D. I've posted the Viterre thing about three times now, im sure one of the forum's Google Boys/Sherlocks will dredge it up  ;)

Jimenez' job should be on the line if this one falls by the wayside, that's if we've declared an interest in the said player.

Perhaps if you didn't talk shite to try and strengthen your point then people wouldn't need to correct you.

I'll post accordingly from now on   :D. I've posted the Viterre thing about three times now, im sure one of the forum's Google Boys/Sherlocks will dredge it up  ;)

Perhaps if you didn't talk s**** to try and strengthen your point then people wouldn't need to correct you.

I knew it wouldn't take you long sunshine. Besides, identity mistake put to one side for just one second, the point still stands. Even Dave, a somewhat balanced viewer of the club's dealings when it's appropriate, can the see point if another of KK's targets falls by the wayside.

Once again you've painted yourself as being........ the forum's know-it-all pretentious little prick.

Unlike yourself there are actually supporters who don't spend their days trolling the internet's bandwidth searching for links, or links to some age-old & self-promoting 'i told you so' post on another club forum sunshine.

In your very own words, i'll use the following to sign off from this thread.

Cheers.

MODS: leave this post here, in it's complete form. I'll enjoy reading the little pricks reply.

Perhaps if you didn't talk s**** to try and strengthen your point then people wouldn't need to correct you.

I knew it wouldn't take you long sunshine. Besides, identity mistake put to one side for just one second, the point still stands. Even Dave, a somewhat balanced viewer of the club's dealings when it's appropriate, can the see point if another of KK's targets falls by the wayside.

Once again you've painted yourself as being........ the forum's know-it-all pretentious little prick.

Unlike yourself there are actually supporters who don't spend their days trolling the internet's bandwidth searching for links, or links to some age-old & self-promoting 'i told you so' post on another club forum sunshine.

In your very own words, i'll use the following to sign off from this thread.

Cheers.

MODS: leave this post here, in it's complete form. I'll enjoy reading the little pricks reply.

Little prick? Oh dear. :lol:

Now I know you get in a huff quite easily considering you changed your username in a flap over something said by Ozzie Mandias which doesn't do you any favours, and again here all of the toys have come out of the pram because you like to dish it out but have a little trouble taking it, now what I'd suggest to you is what I've said earlier and that's to try getting your facts right before talking about stuff that clearly didn't happen (we both know what I'm referring to and the fact it still gets to you shows what a tart you are) and that you know little about, perhaps you should stick to American football which you seem to have a better knowledge of.

You can't expect people not to point out things to you that you're wrong about because of childish reactions like this.

Cheers. ;)

As for the admin who sent me a PM over this earlier, I've got no intention of continuing anything with him but if you expected me not to reply to that shite then you're mistaken.

strongly linked to spuds in a few rags tomorrow

Aye, along with Diane, Gomis, Emerton, Evans, Kleberson and word on the grapevine is they're apparently looking to break the world transfer record for Shearer from Blackburn.

Meanwhile, Keegan will need all his persuasive powers if he is going to convince United’s top brass that one of his main targets, Richard Dunne, should find a peg in the St James’s Park dressing room.

The word I am hearing is that at 28, the Manchester City player is too old and, bearing in mind he will want a three-year £60,000-a-week contract, Keegan must feel his chances of landing the central defender are not good.

i know its oliver, but if thats true i find it an irritating transfer policy.

If it is the transfer policy i think it's bang on.

How many times have we paid over the odds for a player who has had his best years at another club? This new board obviously want to sign players who will have their best years with us which is what we should have been doing all long rather than pissing money down the drain on fucking geriatrics, journeymen and crocks.

If Dunne comes here i won't be too disappointed because he's still a reasonably good age but i would much rather we signed a top class, up-and-coming CB and developed him into a star (ala Kolo Toure, Olof Mellberg, Joleon Lescott, Paul Scharner etc.).

Guest sondre

How many times have we paid over the odds for a player who has had his best years at another club? This new board obviously want to sign players who will have their best years with us which is what we should have been doing all long rather than pissing money down the drain on fucking geriatrics, journeymen and crocks.

If Dunne comes here i won't be too disappointed because he's still a reasonably good age but i would much rather we signed a top class, up-and-coming CB and developed him into a star (ala Kolo Toure, Olof Mellberg, Joleon Lescott, Paul Scharner etc.).

Scharner would still have many good years left in him. Would welcome him here if not too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

there shouldnt be a policy at all though, apart from whether keegan thinks the player will improve the team and will give nufc good value for money, thats all that should matter

How many times have we paid over the odds for a player who has had his best years at another club? This new board obviously want to sign players who will have their best years with us which is what we should have been doing all long rather than pissing money down the drain on f***ing geriatrics, journeymen and crocks.

there shouldnt be a policy at all though, apart from whether keegan thinks the player will improve the team and will give nufc good value for money, thats all that should matter

IMO there should be two budgets.  One for Vetere/Wise and one for Keegan.  Keegan still has to choose/ok the players Vetere and Wise bring in (there's no way any first team player should ever be forced on a manager), but he also has his own budget he can spend on whoever he see's fit.

Spurs ITK saying he is on his way there

however Man City fan reckons he is still in talks with us as well so could still happen

Or basically, we don't know two fucks either way because the only info we're getting is from bullshit itks.