Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest gggg

Do you honestly think Man City will finish in the top 4 next season?

They've got more chance than anyone else.

Everton will finish higher than Aston Villa and Man City. Call it confidence/arrogance but I can't see it any other way at the moment.

Wouldnt suprise me at all.

Law of average, Everton will look consistently s***, but pick up the results.

Whilst especially the likes of man city will tonk sides when the expensive superstars decide to turn up and play then lose next week at home to stoke.

Everton is a club rife for investment, they are one of the most stable clubs at the minute performance and set up wise. Giving Moyes some decent money could do wonders, alternatively there is no guarentee he would spend it on the right players. Overall he has been consistent on that front though imo. Its a tough decision because if they do break the mould and attract a big name it can really upset the apple cart.

Everton will finish higher than Aston Villa and Man City. Call it confidence/arrogance but I can't see it any other way at the moment.

Wouldnt suprise me at all.

Law of average, Everton will look consistently s***, but pick up the results.

Whilst especially the likes of man city will tonk sides when the expensive superstars decide to turn up and play then lose next week at home to stoke.

Everton is a club rife for investment, they are one of the most stable clubs at the minute performance and set up wise. Giving Moyes some decent money could do wonders, alternatively there is no guarentee he would spend it on the right players. Overall he has been consistent on that front though imo. Its a tough decision because if they do break the mould and attract a big name it can really upset the apple cart.

Yet medicore sides like Sunderland are given a billionaire, mid-table Man City given huge amounts of money, and relegation fodder like Pompey also given substantial investment iirc. Totally ludicrous.

The only stumbling block for us is the whole stadium issue.

Seems investors are more interested in buying smaller clubs and looking to build them up with investment on playing staff.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Arsenal won't get beat to fourth if Arshavin is the best player in the world

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Everton and Arsenal will fight for 4th next season imo with Villa and sadly Spurs fighting for 6th. City will at best head the remaining club, so 8th or below

Whatever the speculation about the order of the teams, you can guarantee Michael Owen will be starting in a top 5 11 week in week out next season, absolute guarantee it.

Everton and Arsenal will fight for 4th next season imo with Villa and sadly Spurs fighting for 6th. City will at best head the remaining club, so 8th or below

Why do you count them out though?  You have to admit they have the best side outside the top 4. 

Their results drastically picked up 2nd half the season and ended it really strong.

They have really good midfield, keeper (not wumming), strikers and an ok defense which is bound to get strengthened.  If they sign 1 or 2 players i really think they push on, they only finished 3 points from 7th last year and they had dreadful 1st half of the season and still nearly made Europe.

I can see them finishing 5th next year, as long as they don't completely change their side.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Why do you count them out though?  You have to admit they have the best side outside the top 4. 

Their results drastically picked up 2nd half the season and ended it really strong.

They have really good midfield, keeper (not wumming), strikers and an ok defense which is bound to get strengthened.  If they sign 1 or 2 players i really think they push on, they only finished 3 points from 7th last year and they had dreadful 1st half of the season and still nearly made Europe.

I can see them finishing 5th next year, as long as they don't completely change their side.

If they sign Owen now they're literally guaranteed 5th. He will be lethal next season don't just believe me, it's practically a fact.

Tactically I think Hughes is weak and they seem to struggle to regroup when they go behind. Up front they don't seem to have enough presence or firepower and in defence they have been pretty poor all season.

I just cant see them investing in the right areas tbh, but we'll see

Anyone else absolutely love City to fail miserably? Can't think of an English club I despise more apart from Sunderland.  :angry:

I don't see why you would love them to fail more than anyone else? Oo i see it's because they have a bit of money. 

Bellamy on his tricycle again soon then, should that be the case.

Definitely.

The signing of Barry is pointing towards a 4-3-3 with De Jong, barry and Ireland central.

Robinho will stay on the left, SWP on the right and I'm pretty sure they will be targetting a big striker to play central. Santa Cruz perhaps?

Bellamy is toast.

Definitely.

The signing of Barry is pointing towards a 4-3-3 with De Jong, barry and Ireland central.

Robinho will stay on the left, SWP on the right and I'm pretty sure they will be targetting a big striker to play central. Santa Cruz perhaps?

Bellamy is toast.

Would Tevez be on the bench, like?

Definitely.

Bellamy is toast.

Apart from they want Tevez

Definitely.

Bellamy is toast.

Would Tevez be on the bench, like?

If they are really after Tevez then they are clearly nuts.

That wuld be a strange one. Not sure where the hell he would fit in their team.

He would fit in as a striker as he is clearly better then any of the other players in citys attack  :lol:

I know that. Brilliant player and I think Ferguson was crazy to dump him for Berbatov.

I just don't understand what kind of formation they are thinking off at the moment.

They just seem to be stockpiling players for the hell of it. Should be interesting to see how it comes together I guess.

Unless Man City decide they want Lescott and Arteta.

I have no idea, mate.

What I do know is that we've known he was going to go this summer, so we should be along the line to getting someone else in. Rumours about Steven Defour from Standard Liege, but I don't know if there is much truth in them.

Our central midfield looked gash all year, to be honest, something wasn't working, so the replacement needs not to be a carbon copy of the type of player Barry was.

I have no idea, mate.

What I do know is that we've known he was going to go this summer, so we should be along the line to getting someone else in. Rumours about Steven Defour from Standard Liege, but I don't know if there is much truth in them.

Our central midfield looked gash all year, to be honest, something wasn't working, so the replacement needs not to be a carbon copy of the type of player Barry was.

He looked a good player in the UEFA Cup last season when Standard Liege played against the english sides.

With Laursen and Berry gone, hasn't Villa lost about everything with defensive quality Brummie?

As it looks now would it be that bad to get Mellberg back on a 1 year contract?

Barry had no defensive quality at all. The main problem was that he and Petrov were exactly the same type of player. We can cope with just the one of them so long as we get someone decent in to replace him.

Shorey and Young at full back, an experience CB alongside Davies or Cuellar, and things are ok there. No point getting Mellberg back, he was on a downward curve for a while before he left (love the bloke though I do).

We need an experience CB (ie not Bassong, as good as he may be), a creative spark in midfield and a decent goal scorer, plus then squad-growing depth where we can get it.