Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

He'll suffer the same fate as Negredo and be shunned off somewhere. I can't believe Tottenham were willing to pay 18-20€m

£10m Sambas, £12m Cattermoles and £18m Johnsons. What the f*** happened to football?

It's completely lost it's senses.  Spurs have been keen on a Toulouse pair for some time, one fell by the wayside a couple of weeks ago and Moussa Sissoko looks as though he will go the same way, offered €14m, Toulouse want €30m................

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2750

Hull in talks to sign Jozy Altidore on loan- SSN

Another striker to reject them.

Don't think we're in a position to laugh considering what's going to happen to us around August 25th-ish when Ashley realizes he can't sell and has to start buying players.

Don't think we're in a position to laugh considering what's going to happen to us around August 25th-ish when Ashley realizes he can't sell and has to start buying players.

I can laugh at whoever I like, I've started laughing at our situation tbh.  If I don't laugh I'll only get angry or go mental and end up being sectioned.

Alonso done deal

Am i before SSN

LIVERPOOL AGREE ALONSO DEAL

Paul Eaton 04 August 2009 

Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they had reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical. 

The terms of the deal will remain confidential and undisclosed.Official site

instantly less of a title contender now IMO.  Mascherano/Xabi Alonso in central midfield was an excellent partnership. Not convinced an injury prone Aquilani would improve on Xabi

It doesn't seem like anyone wants to win the title. Chelsea are ageing big time and only have two strikers. Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU have lost important players without replacing them. I'd probably tip Chelsea at the moment, but they'll need to keep Lampard, Essien and Drogba fit all season.

It doesn't seem like anyone wants to win the title. Chelsea are ageing big time and only have two strikers. Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU have lost important players without replacing them. I'd probably tip Chelsea at the moment, but they'll need to keep Lampard, Essien and Drogba fit interested all season.

FYP. Referring to Drogba that is.

It doesn't seem like anyone wants to win the title. Chelsea are ageing big time and only have two strikers. Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU have lost important players without replacing them. I'd probably tip Chelsea at the moment, but they'll need to keep Lampard, Essien and Drogba fit interested all season.

FYP. Referring to Drogba that is.

True. He looked like a different player again under Hiddink, if he can keep that up they're in with a great shout.

Imo Chelsea have the best squad but Ancelotti was a terrible choice.. I fully expect him to last even less than Scolari.

It really is strange how after wasting tens of millions each transfer window, so far there haven't been any expensive incomings (apart from Zhirkov) in the BIG AMAZING GRAND FOUR teams

If I'm being paranoid, I'd say that there's some kind of an agreement between the clubs' owners.

It doesn't seem like anyone wants to win the title. Chelsea are ageing big time and only have two strikers. Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU have lost important players without replacing them. I'd probably tip Chelsea at the moment, but they'll need to keep Lampard, Essien and Drogba fit all season.

Agreed.

But the only team who are spending is Man City, if they can A)  get some bodies in to supplement the defence and B) Hughes can get them gelled together quickly, I wouldn't rule City out of contention just yet.  It'll be asking a lot to go well for them and overall I still think it might be Chelsea's year but, as you say, none of the Big 4 seem to be getting the players in to replace the ones that are going out.

Agreed.

But the only team who are spending is Man City, if they can A)  get some bodies in to supplement the defence and B) Hughes can get them gelled together quickly, I wouldn't rule City out of contention just yet.   It'll be asking a lot to go well for them and overall I still think it might be Chelsea's year but, as you say, none of the Big 4 seem to be getting the players in to replace the ones that are going out.

Can't see City even coming close to winning it this year as they've no stability yet. The squad needs to get to know what's going on, what the team is and learn to play together first. Perhaps next season, when they should be at the stage of only needing to sign one or two big names a summer they'll be in a much stronger position. Having said that I can see them cracking the top 4 at this rate.

FM Legend.

And Fifa. Anyone had him and Victor Obinna up front before? FML.

Also, what's going on with SSN's music? Vague attempts at making it more apocalyptic than Requeim for a Dream?