Other clubs' transfers

Dave

can't believe villa paid 6m for Dunne! :lol:

Hes a good solid defender at International and Premier League level, I think 6 mill is a fair price. Especially when you consider how much Lescott cost and even how much Colo cost us.

Hes a good solid defender at International and Premier League level, I think 6 mill is a fair price. Especially when you consider how much Lescott cost and even how much Colo cost us.

Agreed, Villa needed an experienced CB so the price seems fair. As a counter-example, Spurs didn't actually NEED Kranjcar (a replacement for Modric, sure, but there are alternatives) so I suspect we wouldn't have offered much more than we did. Who else would Villa have got for that money, or cheaper (given that Distin went to Everton)?

Guest Stephen927

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink to Hull

Would have been great for us in the Championship, but he will struggle in the prem, he didn't have a great goalscoring record at Celtic did he?

38 goals in 80 appearances.

Would have been great for us in the Championship, but he will struggle in the prem, he didn't have a great goalscoring record at Celtic did he?

Is that good for that level or not?

It's good at any level imo. Although, the SPL is a fucking shit league. I could get 15 goals a season in the bloody SPL.

Guest Stephen927

Well if you look at Afonso Alves record at Heerenveen, and compare it to his time at Middlesbrough...

I don't know how good Hessilink is in the air, he might be okay in the Premier League but I doubt he'll be as prolific.

It's good at any level imo. Although, the SPL is a fucking shit league. I could get 15 goals a season in the bloody SPL.

Not from what I've read...

Guest Stephen927

Bet he feels s*** knowing he was about 10th choice.

Duffen was on SSN saying all the talk about other strikers was rumour and speculation coming from agents and media.

JVoH was obviously first choice................... :rolleyes:

Rumour and speculation from agents, the media... and Phil Brown. :lol:

Not from what I've read...

Quiet you.

I'm more suited to a defensive midfield role ala Alan Smith anyway.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_5535137,00.html

Spartak priced out of Pav transfer

Spartak Moscow claim they were priced out of a move for Roman Pavlyuchenko after Tottenham put a £17.6million price tag on the Russian striker.

With Spurs boss Harry Redknapp keen to keep the 27-year-old, it became clear on deadline day only a big offer would seal his departure.

Pavlyuchenko, who joined Tottenham from Spartak in August last year, has played just 12 minutes of the club's opening four league games.

That has prompted speculation he could be ready to quit the capital, but Spartak boss Valery Karpin was unable to compete at the figures quoted.

"We offered £9million for his immediate transfer," said Karpin.

"Or they could get £11.5million through a loan deal - we would pay £1million right away and the rest after a year's time.

"But Tottenham rejected our proposals. We were told that the price for Pavlyuchenko was £17.6million.

"For us, it would be absurd to pay that."

:lol: How any club is willing to do deals with Spurs is beyond me. You just know they will rip you off.

Fuck off! :lol: Pissed off we managed only to get a couple of million off them for Beye. Shay Given all over again.