Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Kasper Schmeichel's been released by Notts County. Thought they'd be able to get a fair fee for him in the summer, strange one.

wages

What about them?

They cannot afford them so they've released him and he has agreed to waive his right to his future earnings off Notts County or something to that effect.

Surely they could have waited a few weeks having paid them all season?

I assume Florentino may sell Higuaín if he can line up a big name striker to replace him. He has pretty openly attempted to get shot of any signings of the previous board. And both Diarras are reportedly being shopped around the globe already.

I assume Florentino may sell Higuaín if he can line up a big name striker to replace him. He has pretty openly attempted to get shot of any signings of the previous board. And both Diarras are reportedly being shopped around the globe already.

Was about to post that it would be crazy to get rid of both midfield enforcers, but this is Perez...

Was about to post that it would be crazy to get rid of both midfield enforcers, but this is Perez...

Will see though, if somebody like Mourinho comes to manage them I guess he'll demand some sanity.

Marca reporting that Chelsea will offer 40m for Higuaín.

That would end the title race in this country for the next few years.

I'm not sure about that like. Chelsea have scored 95 goals this season, so unless his impact is going to lead to them scoring 110+ a season (which let's face it, isn't going to happen is it?), I wouldn't go that far. Still a massive signing for them mind.

Has there been a striker signed from La Liga that's been a major success in this country? Not an arsey question or owt; just wondering. There's probably someone obvious i've missed.

Where would he play? Chelsea have been at their best playing 4-5-1 this season, can operate right side attacker? Or does this signify the end of Anelka?

Has there been a striker signed from La Liga that's been a major success in this country? Not an arsey question or owt; just wondering. There's probably someone obvious i've missed.

Walter Pandiani.

Where would he play? Chelsea have been at their best playing 4-5-1 this season, can operate right side attacker? Or does this signify the end of Anelka?

The latter. But Higuain can play the Henry role, ie wide and constanly attacking the channels very well.

Torres

Torres

Ruined it, I was gonna go through every disaster first.

Torres

Ruined it, I was gonna go through every disaster first.

Sorry man  :blush:

The latter. But Higuain can play the Henry role, ie wide and constanly attacking the channels very well.

Won't happen but Liverpool & Man United could very much do with Nicolas Anelka. Be interesting to see where he goes if all this does go through. Wonder where this would leave Aguero also who has been highly linked with Chelsea.

Torres

Has he really been a success though?