Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Wenger will probably go after Gourcuff now. If he can cut it the Prem, I don't think Arsenal are that much weakened.

I'd rather Arsene play Ramsey every week and get another Song type player to play alongside him.

Or, start playing Wilshere every week.

We aren't going to be able to get a player of Cescs quality so why try when Ramsey needs games.

But the prospect of Gourcuff does make me slightly moist.

Nothing to do with the fact that he is a very good looking chap.

http://juventus.theoffside.com/files/2009/09/yoann-gourcuff.jpg

Guest geordienorway

Wenger will probably go after Gourcuff now. If he can cut it the Prem, I don't think Arsenal are that much weakened.

I'd rather Arsene play Ramsey every week and get another Song type player to play alongside him.

Or, start playing Wilshere every week.

We aren't going to be able to get a player of Cescs quality so why try when Ramsey needs games.

But the prospect of Gourcuff does make me slightly moist.

Nothing to do with the fact that he is a very good looking chap.

http://juventus.theoffside.com/files/2009/09/yoann-gourcuff.jpg

To expect Ramsey or Wilshere to fill Cescs role is too much of an ask imo. Arsenal need to strenghten if they loose Cesc.

apparently barca wont pay more than 30m for fabregas, bit of arrogance there that they think arsenal would sell the best prem cm for only 30m?

They've no control over where Essien goes.

Reports in Spain that Barcelona are signing Villa for 50 million euros. Absolutely insane for somebody approaching 30, what did they do, just walk in and hand over a blank cheque to Valencia?

He's only 28 like, and at his peak. Valencia have done brilliantly to hang on to him until now IMO.

Turkish tv reporting we've signed Arda Turan for 5m and Dos Santos.

Can't believe how recent it was we were linked with him, Modric and Aimar all in one summer. Looked class at the euros.

everytime i've watched gala this season turans either been subbed or came on as a sub. he's gone backwards since the euro champiponships.

Guest kingdawson

everytime i've watched gala this season turans either been subbed or came on as a sub. he's gone backwards since the euro champiponships.

I think you're getting it wrong. He was handed the captaincy this season and apparently it was his most productive season (7 goals and 17 assists).

Still don't know where he'd start though.

I think you're getting it wrong. He was handed the captaincy this season and apparently it was his most productive season (7 goals and 17 assists).

If wikipedia is anything to go by, hes played 44 games this season, with 25 assists and 11 goals. Words can not explain how envious I am. Remember when we were linked with him after the euros. I wanted him to come here sooooooo bad, and it doesn't seem like he has gone backwards since. At 23, he is still very young.   :weep:

Guest palnese

That's it for Bentley then?

Arda = cover for Lennon? seems excessive though when you have Krancjar, Bale, Lennon, Bentley and at a push Modric who can all work the wings. Not to mention yoof like Bostock and Rose.

Arda = cover for Lennon? seems excessive though when you have Krancjar, Bale, Lennon, Bentley and at a push Modric who can all work the wings. Not to mention yoof like Bostock and Rose.

:weep:

In an ideal world by the time Villa's on the downward spiral Bojan will be ready to step into his place.

Learning off the best thats for certain. Similar build too.

If Arsenal don't buy a flat out replacement midfielder they'll be Waffa Cupping it come the end of next season, ands that being generous. He needs to buy a whole new spine if Gallas fucks off too. Big ask - will he have the balls for it.

Only other option could be moving Arshavin central and playing him AM in a midfield 3 but i can't see that working as his workrate is pretty wank.

just checked on soccerway and he's subbed nearly every week recently. 17 times apparently and very regularly around the hour mark. hasn't been good on the 5 or 6 times i've watched gala.

Reports in Spain that Barcelona are signing Villa for 50 million euros. Absolutely insane for somebody approaching 30, what did they do, just walk in and hand over a blank cheque to Valencia?

Shambles if it's for that much really. We actually walked out last year when they asked this much and went for Zlatan instead.

Fortunately this board is leaving this season, I think they are losing touch with reality.

EDIT: Latest reports say €42m. Still a bit too much.

VillageIdiot there are rumours saying that La Porta has been on Spanish radio saying that the Cesc and Villa deals are virtually done, any news on this?

VillageIdiot there are rumours saying that La Porta has been on Spanish radio saying that the Cesc and Villa deals are virtually done, any news on this?

There was an interview with our Sports Director saying they were "working on it" but nothing else, and off his words it looked like far away from a done deal. Haven't seen anything reported about Laporta. Just checked the webpages of Catalonia's most important radio networks and nothing on them.

Oh, I actually found the interview. Reading the transcription.

EDIT: He says that all our signings will be closed within a month, but he doesn't mention Cesc. The transcription I found looks incomplete though, but I don't think they would cut that part out.