Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Who would of thought a transfer involving Jamie Redknapp, Harrods, David Beckham, Harry Redknapp, Spurs + Americans could spiral out of control to such a extent that none of the fuckers knows what is happening.

Insurance has got nothing to do with it.  LAG are agreeing to a 2 month loan, Spurs want it for the season, you can't have Beckham occupying one of the 25 man squad only to leave after about 6 weeks.  Same with the CL squad.  AEG, Spurs' Olympic Stadium partners and investors in LAG, are trying to sort out a compromise.

Will Bentley stay put if the Beckham deal doesn't go ahead?

Who would of thought a transfer involving Jamie Redknapp, Harrods, David Beckham, Harry Redknapp, Spurs + Americans could spiral out of control to such a extent that none of the fuckers knows what is happening.

Insurance has got nothing to do with it.  LAG are agreeing to a 2 month loan, Spurs want it for the season, you can't have Beckham occupying one of the 25 man squad only to leave after about 6 weeks.  Same with the CL squad.  AEG, Spurs' Olympic Stadium partners and investors in LAG, are trying to sort out a compromise.

Doesn't seem likely.  Seems like his loan to Brum is back on again as they have offered him an improved deal.  Before that Bentley was all set to go to Newcastle, loan fee and wages all agreed.  Whether Newcastle improve their offer I've no idea, Brum are definitely in pole position right now.

Insurance has got nothing to do with it.  LAG are agreeing to a 2 month loan, Spurs want it for the season, you can't have Beckham occupying one of the 25 man squad only to leave after about 6 weeks.  Same with the CL squad.  AEG, Spurs' Olympic Stadium partners and investors in LAG, are trying to sort out a compromise.

Doesn't seem likely.  Seems like his loan to Brum is back on again as they have offered him an improved deal.  Before that Bentley was all set to go to Newcastle, loan fee and wages all agreed.  Whether Newcastle improve their offer I've no idea, Brum are definitely in pole position right now.

You speak like you are directly involved in these dealings......

Good old Harry lying again then.

He's LAG player though, if you dont like the 2 month loan deal then fuck off - is what I would be saying. Im not telling you directly to fuck off.

He's LAG player though, if you dont like the 2 month loan deal then f*** off - is what I would be saying. Im not telling you directly to f*** off.

I wouldn't argue with your thinking, I'd be doing the same. It's AEG's problem to sort out, how not to be seen stitching up LAG but at the same time doing what they can to ensure that the Olympic Stadium goes to the Spurs/AEG partnership.  By all accounts, there's a meeting already set up with Levy, Beckham, someone from AEG, Beckham and Boris Johnson.  There's very little doubt that this is all to do with Spurs' bid for the Olympic stadium and very little to with having a 35 year old joining on loan. 

I wish Sol would come home, again.

If not Cahill please, i'd really want Shawcross if he didn't have history with the squad.

Sol Campbell could be set for an incredible third spell at Arsenal as boss Arsene Wenger looks for defensive reinforcements.

Campbell, 36, is unhappy at Newcastle, finding himself down the pecking order after the sacking of manager Chris Hughton.

Wenger would like the ex-England man, who he has signed twice before, on a short-term contract until the summer.

Arsenal have suffered a catalogue of injuries in central defence.

And the capture of Campbell would offer Wenger cheap cover as new Newcastle boss Alan Pardew would let him leave for free.

I hope that "would let him leave for free" would carry the understanding that we'll be the one Vela goes out on loan to.  Multiple birds, one stone. 

If not Cahill please, i'd really want Shawcross if he didn't have history with the squad.

How about Samba? Saw him linked with Arsenal somewhere too.

Yes and no, there are issues with him which appear to be his attitude and he wouldn't fit in with our high line which heavily relies on pace and i could see it seeing him caught out when trying to recover or him dropping deep being the only one playing everyone on side, he can't work on pace so for me it rules him out. He's very much a defender which we haven't had for a while being a big, powerful lad and he's always a danger at set pieces (not taking them though which he does like to do sometimes :lol:) i don't think this one will happen but i don't think i would want it to happen with our set-up, either of Cahill and Shawcross for me personally. According to the papers ( :facepalm: ) Mertesaker and Jagielka (again) appear more likely than either of the others previously mentioned but i haven't seen enough of Mertesaker to comment but i don't think he's Mr Pace himself is he? Jags third behind Cahill and Shawcross, for me.

Sol Campbell could be set for an incredible third spell at Arsenal as boss Arsene Wenger looks for defensive reinforcements.

Campbell, 36, is unhappy at Newcastle, finding himself down the pecking order after the sacking of manager Chris Hughton.

Wenger would like the ex-England man, who he has signed twice before, on a short-term contract until the summer.

Arsenal have suffered a catalogue of injuries in central defence.

And the capture of Campbell would offer Wenger cheap cover as new Newcastle boss Alan Pardew would let him leave for free.

I hope that "would let him leave for free" would carry the understanding that we'll be the one Vela goes out on loan to.  Multiple birds, one stone. 

I don't think he'd get enough games with you for Wenger to send him on loan, i don't think he'd want Campbell THAT much to sacrifice Vela.

[article]

I don't think he'd get enough games with you for Wenger to send him on loan, i don't think he'd want Campbell THAT much to sacrifice Vela.

If pardew wouldn't start Carroll + Vela every game possible there'd be major questions asked of his mental faculties.

Vela is twice the player Loven, Best, Ameobi and Ranger are at the moment. Him with Carroll upfront would make us a strong contender to finish top half.

I don't rate Vela at all, seems all style and no substance. I know he's still breaking through but every time I see him playing for Arsenal he's completely ineffectual.

Vela is twice the player Loven, Best, Ameobi and Ranger are at the moment. Him with Carroll upfront would make us a strong contender to finish top half.

I don't rate Vela at all, seems all style and no substance. I know he's still breaking through but every time I see him playing for Arsenal he's completely ineffectual.

In his defence i don't think he's been given anywhere near the chance he deserves but i don't see him ever being an Arsenal regular either i'd love see him have a prolonged run anywhere in the league though to get a better judgement of him, i don't think we have seen enough to judge him completely.

The times I've seen him he's been good, but then again you probably have seen him more than me. But he's a much better player than any other of our strikers. And if he could get a runout in a team I think he would produce more than the odd 15 minutes he gets at Arsenal.

There's no doubt he has talent, its just a matter of playing time and experience.