Other clubs' transfers

Dave

:lol:  first time I've seen this.  Did it with nufc.com.  This was quite funny...

"1998 new Toon dawg Stephane Guivarc'h came on fo` France afta 77 scoreless minutes against Paraguay in Lens. The host nation eventually qualified fo` tha World Cup Baller Finals wit a golden goal, but wor Stephane did shawty ta aid tha victory.

2001 Meanwhile,Stephen Glass agreed ta jizzy Watford playa Hornets Chairman Elton John rang him up ta persuade him that Gianluca Vialli was tha dawg ta save his brotha"

Apparantly the Gomes deal is completed. We paid 9 million Euros for him...

It's Voetbal International that are saying it's been completed, I would guess subject to a medical.  I'm more encouraged by an assortment of ITK's who are agreed that Gomes will be completed tomorrow or Saturday and, to quote one, "Robbo moving ever closer to Villa, could be done soon."

yup, i'd be more encouraged by the schizophrenic ramblings of a bunch of anonymous internet saddos who spin s**** for the amusement of thick cretins, than i would be by reports from the oldest and most established football newspaper in the netherlands with a readership of almost a million a week.

Anyone seen Glenn Roeder's rant at ITK dick heads?

"Some of those that have hit the bar and post will go in the net and others will come back into play, but you are giving away a lot of clues to other clubs, because you haven't got the information from me, you have trawled the websites and you have your little moles here and your little ants there and the thing that never ceases to amaze me is how human beings who have a secret can't wait to tell someone.

It is a real failing in human nature and the reason they do it is because they like to think they are big, they are important. 'I know something you don't. I'll tell you because you're jealous I know and you don't'. It's like kids innit? And indirectly it wounds you or can wound you."

Whilst Voetbal International said Gomes' transfer was completed, I said it was probably subject to.........etc.  The announcement on the Spurs OS subsequently confirmed it was subject to personal terms, medical and work permit.  Similarly, Diego Capel's transfer to Spurs should happen very soon, it's not completed yet.  That also is not saying I know something you don't.  That's me saying I'm sharing something that has been said on a Spurs forum which I believe to be accurate.

from Dailystars

£100M  MANCHESTER CITY KITTY

MARK HUGHES could be handed a £100million transfer bonanza this week if Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra gets the phone call he’s expecting.

The hard-line committee, set up by Thailand’s military government to investigate corruption charges, against former Prime Minister Shinawatra is due to be disbanded tomorrow.

And they are recommending all charges be dropped and Shinawatra’s frozen assets be handed back in full.

That amounts to a staggering £1.3billion.Hughes was originally promised £50m to spend this summer and already £19m has gone on Brazilian striker Jo.

But if Shinawatra gets his hands on his cash pot again then the City manager’s budget could be doubled.

Hughes’ first task, though, will be to see City’s legal team tie up the deal for CSKA Moscow star Jo, who has agreed  a four-year contract.

The only stumbling block will be a work permit because the Brazilian has only one international cap to his name.

But City have already had word from the Home Office that the permit will be granted.

Jo, 20, isn’t in the Brazil squad for the World Cup qualifiers.

But City will argue that the talented hitman would by now have earned many more caps if he’d played in any other national team.

Jo has scored 44 goals in 77 games in two seasons in Moscow and he will be a major boost to Hughes’ assault on the Premier League.

And he could still play a major role in his second signing.

City haven’t given up on Ronaldinho even though AC Milan claim to have hijacked the deal.

Jo is a pal of the Brazilian legend and will try to get him to commit to City.

Italian international Christian Vieri will quit Serie A to sign a £10,000 per week deal with Premier League new boys Hull City. (Daily Star 1230 BST)

:lol:

dear oh dear.  Can't see that working at all if it were to happen.

Worth a laugh I suppose. Kind of feel sorry for both parties though.

from Dailystars

£100M  MANCHESTER CITY KITTY

MARK HUGHES could be handed a £100million transfer bonanza this week if Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra gets the phone call he’s expecting.

The hard-line committee, set up by Thailand’s military government to investigate corruption charges, against former Prime Minister Shinawatra is due to be disbanded tomorrow.

And they are recommending all charges be dropped and Shinawatra’s frozen assets be handed back in full.

That amounts to a staggering £1.3billion.Hughes was originally promised £50m to spend this summer and already £19m has gone on Brazilian striker Jo.

But if Shinawatra gets his hands on his cash pot again then the City manager’s budget could be doubled.

Hughes’ first task, though, will be to see City’s legal team tie up the deal for CSKA Moscow star Jo, who has agreed  a four-year contract.

The only stumbling block will be a work permit because the Brazilian has only one international cap to his name.

But City have already had word from the Home Office that the permit will be granted.

Jo, 20, isn’t in the Brazil squad for the World Cup qualifiers.

But City will argue that the talented hitman would by now have earned many more caps if he’d played in any other national team.

Jo has scored 44 goals in 77 games in two seasons in Moscow and he will be a major boost to Hughes’ assault on the Premier League.

And he could still play a major role in his second signing.

City haven’t given up on Ronaldinho even though AC Milan claim to have hijacked the deal.

Jo is a pal of the Brazilian legend and will try to get him to commit to City.

God help the rest of us if that is true.  7th is the new 4th is the new 1st.  :rolleyes:

Where do they get £1.3 billion from?  I'm sure these papers just randomly make these numbers up (it was £860 million last time I saw it mentioned..).

Knowing him it's probably double that. These are just some of the funds people can see remember.

Where do they get £1.3 billion from?  I'm sure these papers just randomly make these numbers up (it was £860 million last time I saw it mentioned..).

Knowing him it's probably double that. These are just some of the funds people can see remember.

When did you meet him like? :D

What defines 'tapping up'?

All Redknapp is done there is say what players he is after and he hopes they are available.

A bit like Real Madrid announcing they would like Ronaldo?

Yeh but Madrid are reported to have signed agreements with Ronaldo etc - that is tapping up. Real Madrid simply saying they want Ronaldo isn't, nor is Redknapp saying he'd like SWP.

What defines 'tapping up'?

All Redknapp is done there is say what players he is after and he hopes they are available.

A bit like Real Madrid announcing they would like Ronaldo?

Yeh but Madrid are reported to have signed agreements with Ronaldo etc - that is tapping up. Real Madrid simply saying they want Ronaldo isn't, nor is Redknapp saying he'd like SWP.

Signing actual contracts with a player without the permision of there club is just a little bit more then tapping up like :lol:

Tapping up is talking to a player, either directly or indirectly, about a move without the blessing of the players club.