Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Bayern to sign Massimo Oddo on loan from Milan

Al Jazeera to sign Rafael Sobis from Betis (Brazilian striker who was in the Brazil Olympic squad)

:rant: i hate seeing really good players waste potential by playing in qatar/uae/saudi arabia. thats him, wilhelmsson and valdivia over there now. money talks...

Guest kingdawson

Pavlyuchenko deal agreed

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Spartak Moscow for the transfer of Roman Pavlyuchenko to the Club.

The striker, 26, has been capped 22 times by Russia and scored nine goals.

Roman hit the headlines in October, 2007 when he scored both goals as Russia beat England 2-1 in European Championship qualifying.

He followed that up with three goals in five games in this summer's finals - including goals against Holland and eventual winners Spain - as Russia reached the semi-finals.

Born in Mostovskoy, Roman started with local club FC Dinamo Stavropol before moving to FC Rotor Volgograd in the top flight in 2000. He switched to Spartak Moscow in 2003 and topped the goalscoring charts in Russia's Premier League in 2006 and 2007.

Hopefully AT LEAST 2 more to follow.

Pavlyuchenko deal agreed

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Spartak Moscow for the transfer of Roman Pavlyuchenko to the Club.

Roman hit the headlines in October, 2007 when he scored both goals as Russia beat England 2-1 in European Championship qualifying.

He followed that up with three goals in five games in this summer's finals - including goals against Holland and eventual winners Spain - as Russia reached the semi-finals.

Born in Mostovskoy, Roman started with local club FC Dinamo Stavropol before moving to FC Rotor Volgograd in the top flight in 2000. He switched to Spartak Moscow in 2003 and topped the goalscoring charts in Russia's Premier League in 2006 and 2007.

Happy with Pav?

Guest kingdawson

Pavlyuchenko deal agreed

Happy with Pav?

The only times i've seen him play is in the Euros and against England, and he looked very good. Hopefully he'll adapt. It looks like we payed £12 mill for him so i guess its a fair price

We still need about 3 more players (centre back, dm, and another striker). Sell Berbs too.

Guest kingdawson

Any actual rumours of you getting people in KD or that just what you're hoping for?

Corluka looks like it's happening once city sign Zabaleta, so that's rb/cb sorted.

DM = Don't think we'll sign anyone personally. The itk's and tabloids are going on about our bid for Veloso. Dont know if i even want him for the price quoted (would rather a tough tackling dm then a player like veloso. Corluka can play dm quite well, so i suppose he'll do.

Forward = I think we'll get another forward in. Either Arshavin or Milito is my guess.

Hull bid £7 million for Frazier Campbell

That is absolutely stupid.

Not in the slightest tbh. They know they're getting a very good player, with bags of potential, who they know works for the club and works in the team. They could get an unknown or a past-it for similar prices and not get half the rewards. Will be pleased for them if they pull it off. The market for British players, young players in-particular, is extortionate - we have to live with it.

Of course it's stupid. He's had 6 good months in the second division, for him to be priced at anywhere near £7m is a total joke.

Not in the slightest tbh. They know they're getting a very good player, with bags of potential, who they know works for the club and works in the team. They could get an unknown or a past-it for similar prices and not get half the rewards. Will be pleased for them if they pull it off. The market for British players, young players in-particular, is extortionate - we have to live with it.

Of course it's stupid. He's had 6 good months in the second division, for him to be priced at anywhere near £7m is a total joke.

If we'd bid £7M for Ben Foster the season we came up - I'd have been ecstatic and would've been proven right. (Even if he appears injury prone now) I'm sure Frazier Campbell would be well worth the money next season for Hull when they're back in the Championship and yo-yo back up netting lots of cash because of him.

Guest kingdawson

If we'd bid £7M for Ben Foster the season we came up - I'd have been ecstatic and would've been proven right. (Even if he appears injury prone now) I'm sure Frazier Campbell would be well worth the money next season for Hull when they're back in the Championship and yo-yo back up netting lots of cash because of him.

Good point.

Good point.

The bit about Foster or the semi-constructive thinly veiled dig at Hull that wasn't at all serious?

Guest quklaani

Quite a big difference though.  Campbell is a talent but nobody is really sure about him.  Ben Foster will be both Manchester United and England Number 1 quite soon, and thats been obvious for a long time.

Quite a big difference though.  Campbell is a talent but nobody is really sure about him.  Ben Foster will be both Manchester United and England Number 1 quite soon, and thats been obvious for a long time.

Well, not entirely. Foster had only had a great season with us in the Championship and was still fairly erratic at times, albeit brilliant and legendary. It's somewhat similar as neither had done nothing huge of not beforehand and had a good season in the CCC. But Hull are mugs - and real pace is enough of an attribute to do well in the Championship alongside the journeyman veteran centre-backs.