Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Malbranque is too good for them and I'm struggling to see the rest leaving London for Sunderland. It's a bold move but I can't see it coming off unless they've offered silly money. If, indeed, it's true in the first place.  :rolleyes:

Guest kingdawson

Taino has always looked decent when I have seen him.

tainio >>>>>> carrick

ii

ii

ii

ii

ii

v

What fucking prat/ idiotic excuse of a football fan said that?

Anyway hope this rumour has no legs. 3 of them are expendible but losing steed would be a disaster.

tainio >>>>>> carrick

ii

ii

ii

ii

ii

v

Anyway hope this rumour has no legs. 3 of them are expendible but losing steed would be a disaster.

;D

tainio >>>>>> carrick

ii

ii

ii

ii

ii

v

You're a top bloke kd O0

KD, my mackem mate said its been on SSN that they've bid for 4 of your players.  I told him I reckon Bent, Dawson, and 2 from Kaboul, Malbranque (linked in one of the rags) and O'Hara (probs on loan).

Is there anyone you're looking to shift I might have missed?  Knowing him, he's probably got his hopes up and thinks its Berbatov, Keane, Woodgate and Huddlestone or something.

Guest kingdawson

KD, my mackem mate said its been on SSN that they've bid for 4 of your players.  I told him I reckon Bent, Dawson, and 2 from Kaboul, Malbranque (linked in one of the rags) and O'Hara (probs on loan).

Is there anyone you're looking to shift I might have missed?  Knowing him, he's probably got his hopes up and thinks its Berbatov, Keane, Woodgate and Huddlestone or something.

SSN revealed it to be Kaboul, Tainio, Steed and chimbonda.

Just found out the rumoured fee just now.......................29 million euros.

SSN revealed it to be Kaboul, Tainio, Steed and chimbonda.

Just found out the rumoured fee just now.......................29 million euros.

Why would they be paying in Euros?

EDIT: Sorted it, mackems don't know what Euro's are, quote everyone in Euros, they'll send pounds anyway. O0

Guest kingdawson

Sunderland manager Roy Keane will attempt to bolster his squad ahead of the new season by signing a total of four Tottenham players.

Steed Malbranque, Teemu Tainio, Younes Kaboul and Pascal Chimbonda all appear to be on their way to Wearside with a combined fee in the region of €29 million understood to have been agreed between the clubs.

All that remains is for the players, currently involved in the Spurs training camp in Spain, to discuss personal terms with Sunderland.

The moves could signal the start of a massive clear-out by Tottenham manager Juande Ramos with Republic of Ireland international Robbie Keane still being linked to Liverpool and Dimitar Berbatov the subject of renewed speculation over a possible transfer to Manchester United.

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson today confirmed he is trying to sign one new player. Ferguson refused to reveal the identity of his target, although it is believed to be Berbatov, and he confirmed a bid had been lodged which he hoped would lead to a successful conclusion.

© 2008 The Irish Times

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2008/0717/1216073258239.html

Guest ALNO1

According to the Irish Times it's 29m Euros   :kasper:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2008/0717/1216073258239.html

Keane launches bid for Spurs quartet

Sunderland manager Roy Keane will attempt to bolster his squad ahead of the new season by signing a total of four Tottenham players.

Steed Malbranque, Teemu Tainio, Younes Kaboul and Pascal Chimbonda all appear to be on their way to Wearside with a combined fee in the region of €29 million understood to have been agreed between the clubs.

All that remains is for the players, currently involved in the Spurs training camp in Spain, to discuss personal terms with Sunderland.

The moves could signal the start of a massive clear-out by Tottenham manager Juande Ramos with Republic of Ireland international Robbie Keane still being linked to Liverpool and Dimitar Berbatov the subject of renewed speculation over a possible transfer to Manchester United.

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson today confirmed he is trying to sign one new player. Ferguson refused to reveal the identity of his target, although it is believed to be Berbatov, and he confirmed a bid had been lodged which he hoped would lead to a successful conclusion.

© 2008 The Irish Times

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pRef=2008071600_11_376550__Shepherd-presentara-oferta-Gran-anuncian-refuerzos-nuevo-manager

Shepherd to take over at Real Mallorca today...with Allardyce going in as new manager. La Liga will never be the same again.

Please please please please please sign Smith and Barton and Duff

Liverpool will sell Andrei Voronin to a German club for around £3m to help finance the signing of Gareth Barry from Aston Villa. (Daily Mirror)

Wow, sell-to-buy policy. The Mirror said it so it must be true.

Guest Darth Toon

Class angle on the mackem Spurs bid in the Mirror:

Sunderland want to spend £20m on four Spurs players

By Simon Bird 18/07/2008

Roy Keane wants to splash out £20million on FOUR Tottenham stars - if he can persuade them to move to the North East.

Sunderland boss Keane hopes to open talks with Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kaboul.

The four all left Spurs' Spanish training camp last night after the Wearsiders agreed a 'job lot' fee with the Londoners. French right-back Chimbonda, French midfielder Malbranque, Finnish midfielder Tainio and Moroccan defender Kaboul were pulled out of Juande Ramos' base yesterday and packed off to London.

The trio were kept in the dark about the deal until they landed at Heathrow and were informed that Keane's club wanted them but none of them want to make the move and the transfer turned into a farce.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy wants to use all four to raise money quickly - with bids for Blackburn's David Bentley and Sevilla winger Diego Capel his priority.

Rovers want £17m for Bentley and Sevilla are looking for a similar sum for Capel, so Levy needs to find money in a rush. Chimbonda is also fancied by Everton and was offered to Blackburn, while Malbranque is admired by both Aston Villa and Fulham. Tainio has been a long-term Villa target too.

The sudden decision to fly the unwanted players home took them all by surprise - none of them were even told of what their ultimate destination was

I would love it if that was true!  :lol:

Interesting that they flew them into London, instead of directly into Newcastle - avoid getting their hopes up that way: "Oh class, we're on our way to the toon", "er no, actually lads....."